It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2009, 01:25 AM   #1
(female)

helpmeeee HB User
Question my brain is clicking?

im 18 years old
and i often feel like my brain is making a clicking noise
im wonmdering what is causing this

i have had a depresion a few years ago and often axiety attacks
whether or not this is relavant i dont know

i also had encephalitis when i was 2 or so

any answers?
should i be worried?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-18-2010, 05:05 AM   #2
(male)

javi HB User
Re: my brain is clicking?

hey I hear clicks in my brain too. I hear it mostly when I recall a traumatic moment in the past. The ones that become really intense and immerse. Moments about things you wish you never did or wish you would have done different.
I also hear it when I snap into focus like when doing hmw or doing something focus intensive.
Its weird and I want to know what it means.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-24-2010, 10:52 PM   #3
(male)

570ryanc HB User

hello guys i dont know what this is or what has caused it it could of been a numerouse selection of things randing from simply stress or even headbanging; i used to headbang quite frequently to a heavy metal band called metallica until i started realising a slight jerking moving feeling inside my brain i have no idea wht it is but it started occouring around 2007 when i would of been 15 at the time its now got to a stage that im used to it and hardly notess it until i turn my head quickly to the side like 180 degrees then i would heard and experience my brain snap and then afterwards some fluid may build up inside my throat causing it to block sligtly, symptoms that i do not know for sure this has caused i think it may have something to do with the fact that sometimes my speech is variable and slowers and cluttering occours, im not the fastest of thinkers and im usually very quiet i slur my words sometimes. im unsure if its something seriouse as the brain stem tho i have not spoken to anyone on this as i feel its imbaressing also the fact that im shy and unspoken makes me even less likely to see a doctor on it i need help it just happens randomly when id move my head to the side my brain would sligtly jerk inside and make like quite a cracking noise inside my skull tho its not that loud that others would hear it only myself my head i think as a result can not stay still moves sligtly and is a bit fidgity i need answers on this please!

Old 05-08-2010, 04:29 PM   #4
(male)

javi HB User

hey man i understand were your coming from I used to box. which results in getting socked in the head. I also head banged a lot, basically made an art of it thanks to Nirvana and all things grunge /metal. i also noticed that i would hear these clicks when i moved my head quickly as well. I also took lots of acid so that could be a reason for something. As for the quietness and slurred words, I think you can get over that because i used to mumble and all that but after much perseverance i over came it. As for the fluids in the throat Idk that sounds pretty intense.
I havent heard my head clicks in a while though mabe i dont notice them anymore or they are gone im not sure. :/

Old 07-29-2010, 08:43 PM   #5
(female)

leonardo3 HB User

Hello and I realize it has been a long while since your post but I have experience with my brain cliking also and my neurologist said it was rare but reported by patients suffering from migraines to complain about their brain clicking. I have migraines and other brain disorders and after having a crianiotomy in 2009, my brain strated clicking. Yes, it is real, spontanneous for me and resolved within a month or two. Good luck and find a medical person in your area to comfort you with verifiable information. Tale care-red haired mama

Closed Thread