It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2009, 09:02 PM   #1
(male)

thelaststraw HB User
Red face Feeling lightheaded/dizzy and nervous! HELP NOW!

Hello everyone,
I just joined this message board asking for some help with some strange symptoms in my brain.

Around a month ago i started experiencing lightheadiness, especially around 4pm. It then became more frequent. Followed by was some very mild dizziness and minor occasional headaches that seem to be more focused on one point of my brain then usual.
One time after that I began to feel a tingling sensation for about 10 mins on my entire left side of my body. However that only happened once.
If this helps I recently had a cold and was told to inhale some eucalyptus oil (coming from hot water steam).

What I am most concerned about is the fact that my parents think I am just 'imagining' my symptoms and will refuse to take me to the doctor unless 'they think I need help'. I have heard time can be precious with brain problems so I am desperate for someone to give me a rough idea of whats going on so I do not struggle day to day and live in fear of the worse possible outcome of my symptoms.

Old 07-13-2009, 10:16 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User
Re: Feeling lightheaded/dizzy and nervous! HELP NOW!

Hi, and welcome to the boards...

There are many things that can cause a person too feel lightheaded and/or dizzy at a certain time of day. It could be caused by something as simple as having low blood sugar at that time of day, an imbalance of some type, or many other possibilities.

It is time that you have a good physical, to properly diagnose your symptoms. While a serious brain disorder is a tiny possibility, it is much more likely to be something that can be easily treated. Rather than imagine the worst, be pro-active, and seek knowledge...It will serve you best in the long run, as you become your own best medical advocate.

At some point, we all must break off from our parents, and become adults, capable of taking care of themselves. Perhaps this is the event that will launch you into that role. I wish you the best.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-15-2009, 08:38 PM   #3
(female)

ritualangst HB User

if it happens at the same time daily it could be low blood sugar- have you ever had that checked? it could also be anxiety knowing that 4p is the time you start to feel dizzy and light headed so when "the" time comes around you start to notice the same feelings- also anxiety and panic attacks seems to usually bother people more on the left side of their body than the right for some strange reason ( though any of us that suffer through these attacks know strange is just normal for us- right?)- i would see a doctor and ask to have your blood sugar checked- it seems like a good place to start-

Old 07-16-2009, 05:38 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Or try eating a snack around 3 PM and see if the 4 PM event goes away. That would hsow it to be low blood sugar.

Old 11-08-2009, 06:37 PM   #5
(female)

volare HB User

I agree. Low-blood sugar. If your parents won't take you for a glucose-tolerance test, try a hypoglycemic diet. Anxiety, panic, fear, shakiness, cold hands and feet, migraines, and even depression are all signs of low-blood sugar. Get eating your proteins, fresh veggies, and avoid caffeine, alcohol, and sugars for a long time until you're feeling much better. I was told I simply had "anxiety" first, which is so easy for a doctor to write off, until I found out I was hypoglycemic. But sensitive emotions are many times related to nutritional deficits. Eat up, best of luck, and God bless!

Closed Thread