It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2009, 09:17 PM   #1
(male)

john1993 HB User
Foggy Brain - Half dead

For the past years I have been feeling worse and worse.

I don't know how to fully describe what I feel.

My brain is foggy. I feel like I am half dead, something is missing. Starting about 1 year ago I have been studdering more and more. I forget what im thinking easily.

I dont know how else to explain this.

Should I go in for a MRI? see if anythings wrong with my brain

EDIT: New ways to describe this.

I feel like im not here, im somewhere else.
Or I am in a video game.

Last edited by john1993; 08-05-2009 at 10:41 PM.

Old 08-06-2009, 01:49 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User
Re: Foggy Brain - Half dead

Hi John, welcome to the boards...If you don't mind, may I ask a few questions to better understand your situation?

What is your age?

Did this fogginess come on suddenly, a year ago? Was there any other noticeable effects that began at the same time?

How is your general health? Do you have any other major issues with your health?

Could you have had a stroke? Exactly how does this foggy brain interfere with your life?

I hope you can give me a little more information so we can best help you, OK?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-06-2009, 09:21 AM   #3
(male)

john1993 HB User

It seems it started a few years back after i had gotten dehrydrated. I had to get an iv at a camp.

I am 16.

I feel like i am dumb because of it. That i am not in reality or that i am not here. For my physicals the doctors say i am in tip top condition.

Old 08-18-2009, 04:34 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB User

Hi John, when you got dehydrated, were you told you had heat exaustion? How long were you ill when you got dehydrated? I would suggest going to the doctor and explaining your symptoms and when they started and ask if you can get a cat scan. If you let the doc know how long this has been going on and all your symptoms, they will know what tests to do.

Old 08-18-2009, 09:56 PM   #5
Veteran
(male)

Benit HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by writeleft View Post
Hi John, welcome to the boards...If you don't mind, may I ask a few questions to better understand your situation?

What is your age?

Did this fogginess come on suddenly, a year ago? Was there any other noticeable effects that began at the same time?

How is your general health? Do you have any other major issues with your health?

Could you have had a stroke? Exactly how does this foggy brain interfere with your life?

I hope you can give me a little more information so we can best help you, OK?
I would think if he had had a stroke, there would be more symptoms besides just brainfog/dissociative feelings??

I too experience some of the same things John describes (for me, I get the occasional "moment" of dissociation). However, my whole ordeal began with this "head pressure" symptom and over the span of 6 years has grown from that ONE symptom to encompass over 25 different symptoms at times. The origin of my symptoms began in the throes of drug addiction at 22 years old.

Old 08-20-2009, 11:10 AM   #6
(male)

john1993 HB User

I didnt pass out but i was very close for 30 minutes or more untill i got the IV.

Old 09-05-2009, 11:17 PM   #7
(female)

ses0429 HB User

Hello,

I'm a 25 yr old female. About 5 years ago I started to develop these rather serious issues. My brain is very foggy. I forget things all the time like numbers, names, words, conversation with people, things that happen in movies, etc. A lot of times I forget something that just happened not even 5 seconds ago. It seems as though the more I try to think of something, the quicker I'll forget about it.

To describe the brain fog, it feels like the brain is too big for my skull. There's a constant pressure in my head. I can feel this pressure behind my eyes as well. I don't physically see fog, but the feeling I get from it is like there's fog in my brain, and so everything I do I have to try harder to get through the fog. This foggy feeling is always there 24/7. I feel like there is not enough oxygen or blood getting to my brain. It is hard to think. It is hard to do anything. I feel stupid.

My speech skill is going down hill so fast it's not funny. Words just come out weird and confusing. Conversations are short and awkward, and they usually end when I say something that has nothing to do with the start of the conversation. I don't like being a quiet person, but a lot of times I have to keep my mouth shut, so I don't embarrass myself.

My reading skill is getting bad as well. My eyes try to skip ahead everytime I read, and I always have to read the same thing 2-3 times to get it, only to forget it about a minute later, of course.

I can't take it anymore. I don't know what's wrong with me. I want to kill myself because it hurts so bad and it is enabling me. I feel dead. I am a zombie.

This is not an ear problem.. I am not dizzy.

Old 09-05-2009, 11:27 PM   #8
(female)

ses0429 HB User

I feel lightheaded. Like I'm not really here.

Old 09-05-2009, 11:40 PM   #9
(female)

ses0429 HB User

I don't mean to distract from John. I am sorry. I just feel the same way he does. I feel so sorry for him because he is so young.

Old 09-06-2009, 09:03 PM   #10
Veteran
(male)

Benit HB User

Dear ses,

I have constant head pressure and brain fog, but have not experienced much in the way of steady cognitive decline as you describe. Compared to yours, mine would be more in the area of poor short term memory and terrible attentional skills. It has seemed like its gradual, although its hard for me to really chart the progression. My first symptom was head pressure, about 6 years ago now. I don't have any DX and I haven't found a way to fix any of these problems.

One important thing to ask is.. can you remember the first time you got head pressure, and what you were doing at that time? This could help point to a cause.

Old 09-07-2009, 10:23 AM   #11
(female)

ses0429 HB User

It started six years ago when I started college. I can't think of a main cause. I feel like I might have had a stroke. I blackened out, my whole body went tingly, and I broke out into a cold sweat all over. I read that you can get checked for this by getting an eye exam and seeing if there is pressure on the optic nerve. I wish I knew what was wrong and I am sorry that you experience discomfort.

Old 09-07-2009, 09:11 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

scout316 HB Userscout316 HB User

hi ses0429

well I am interested in brain fog,because I have it too.

for me I think mine is caused by changes in my hormones.I say that because I have had this before and then it would ease up and I'd be okay.I wasn't prepared for it this time around and I'm really crying me a river everyday.

I just woke up one day and felt "different"...that's the only way I can explain it.So my brain fog was sudden...leading up to it though I did first have a "pulling feeling" on the right side of my head and then dizziness with head pressure then a mess of headaches for about a couple of weeks and then this.

I really feel so weird...like I know everything is real,but yet it seems like something isn't right.

take care everyone~Scout

Old 09-07-2009, 09:29 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

scout316 HB Userscout316 HB User

also a couple of days before the brain fog started I was dehydrated and had muscle spasms in my legs.even now I feel like I am slightly dehydrateted.my dr. says it might be an adrenal gland problem.so I will be seeing an endocrinologist on Oct.6th.

Scout~

Old 09-07-2009, 09:36 PM   #14
Veteran
(male)

Benit HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ses0429 View Post
It started six years ago when I started college. I can't think of a main cause. I feel like I might have had a stroke. I blackened out, my whole body went tingly, and I broke out into a cold sweat all over. I read that you can get checked for this by getting an eye exam and seeing if there is pressure on the optic nerve. I wish I knew what was wrong and I am sorry that you experience discomfort.
Strokes are profoundly rare in young people.

This episode you describe could also be a panic attack.

Old 09-08-2009, 01:58 PM   #15
(male)

john1993 HB User

Scout, what you described in the last page is basicly exactly how i feel.. Its weird also that both of ours started after dehrydration. I just had an eye exam last week and the pressure in my eyes is normal.. whatever that has to do with it. I just dont want to tell my parents unless its serious so i dont look like an idiot infront of them.

Also i can hardly talk too.. everything i say is weird.. like this morning my dad was messing with a camrea and my dog was right next to him lookin at the camrea like he wanted it. I was trying to say "no camrea winston".. but what came out was "dont take pictures winston" or something along those lines about my dog taking pictures.

Closed Thread