It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-26-2009, 05:46 PM   #1
(female)

LisasueT HB User
White spots on my brain?

I did find an area here where people were talking about their MRI's and the findings of white spots on their brains. I recently had an MRI and 10 spots were found on my brain, the largest being 5mm. I am guessing this is not a significant size or is it? and they have also been found on the right side, from what i understand the middle? I was told by my doctor she needed to speak to a neurologist for a better understanding. MS does run in my family,but so does diabeties, and not to mention I suffer from migraines and have dones since the age of 10 years old. My question is probably obvious, what to make of this finding......as well as scared I am also confused as it seems many have these, and could it be that most people do as not all of us get annual mri's on the brain??? Should i be worried. I do not get numbing and tingling, however i suffer extreme pain in my wrists, neck, shoulders, and lower back. My legs are uncomfortable from fatigue of pain through out my body, and from time to time I suffer from pain in my legs and feet. none of which comes as tingling or numbness, just numbness. I also get depressed alot and become frustrated and anxious when there isnt any really explainable reasons for it. Does anyone now if this is the white spots, even my doctor cannot explain this....I was on anti depressents last year which i went off due to lack of motivation, and weight gain...I am very active normally, and love life however feel like my body is kicking me in the behind these days. ideas and suggestions would be awesome! As I feel i have to much life to live and would like to see some postive hope for the new year???
Thanks a head of time, and look forward to any help that is out there!!! Lisa

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-26-2009, 05:54 PM   #2
(female)

LisasueT HB User
Re: White spots on my brain?

Please excuse any bad grammar or english errors, as it is one of the surfacing problems i am experiencing as well as a few others hahaha. While reading back my post i noticed the part about numbness. Most generally i do not feel numbness however on the very few occassions i have felt numbness in my feet.......sorry for the confusion, just one more problem i suffer from......hahaha. i look forward to any thoughts! Cheers!

Old 01-13-2010, 07:32 PM   #3
(female)

rayne2007 HB User

I couldn't believe what I just read everything u wrote is me I'm shocked I dont have 10 thought I have 3 The doctors dont explain stuff to me I hope we both find out whats going on everyway you feel I feel the same its so odd

Old 02-01-2010, 04:00 AM   #4
(male)

michaellibut HB User

i have this also a deep white matter in my brain even my doctor cant explain this

Old 02-01-2010, 04:49 PM   #5
(male)

ParrotHeadPC HB User

My wife suffers from the effects of encephalitis...it has been since 1995 that she was infected by this virus and has been going downhill ever since. She also because of that suffers from vertigo and migraines. The white spots on her brain are scars from the migraines. Our neurologist advised us of this when looking over one of her scans. The neurologists wasn't overly concerned and has my wife on Zomig to control them. My wife also gets sharp pains, numbness that radiate in different parts of her body and that was attributed to Fibromyalgia. She takes Neurontin for the nerve pain which helps in the situations.

Last edited by ParrotHeadPC; 02-01-2010 at 04:50 PM.

Closed Thread