It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2010, 08:40 PM   #1
(female)

athletic321 HB User
Exclamation POSSIBLE CONCUSSION and havent told anyone =( please help me!!

At a basketball game after I shot the ball I turned around really fast and my teammate was right there and moving forward kind of. When I turned my head we collided and banged heads. I blacked out for a couple seconds and then kept going. I don't really remember much that happened after that. Although my pupils didn't get dialated and I didn't get nauseous I still don't feel...right. I've been having headaches and started blacking out and now my ears are popping and I have to keep yawning to help it un-pop and I've been having earaches too. Also I just keep feeling not completely there like I'm watching everything that I see in like a movie or something.
PLEASE help me and tell me what's wrong with me and what I need to do and anything else.
I'm only 15 and I'm scared.

For past medical history I've been hit in the head with a metal bat by my sister in full swing when we were younger, hit it on a diving board cuz I didn't jump far enough, and have been elbowed and other things multiple times in basketball and softball. None of these were checked out by a doctor.

Old 01-11-2010, 10:08 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: POSSIBLE CONCUSSION and havent told anyone =( please help me!!

honestly? NOW it IS time to see your doc to just go over your 'head trauma' history and also just for YOU to be evaluated from a neurological standpoint for THIS injury as well. the one thing about having repetitive head injury over time is it very much CAN have that 'cumulative effect" like you would see with boxers over the years of just having their faces and heads slammed, but a bit more profound than your situation. but do you get what i am trying to say here?

i too have suffered ALOT of seperate head traumas over my almost 50 years and in some cases i do think that at least one more profound one really DID 'do' something to my brain in subtle ways. the thing here is ,everyone is different in how their head injury will be or even impact your brain in many different ways. just the fact that this actually occured with you at all(and more importantly the 'symptoms' you have been displaying) really dictates that need to just see even your primary doc so at least you can be looked at from a good neuro standpoint, but this will also just BE IN your medical file in case something else should cause another form of head trauma down the road too.

this is just something you really DO need to have evaluated by a good doc who knows what to look for from a neurological standpoint that you or i just do not actually have? its some hands on testing that they do that can simply show levels of possible impact or reactions to certain stimuli that would determine from the outside if there just IS a need for a look on the inside with some level of real scan like MRI or CT at the very least. chances are that the symptoms will pass with time and brain recovery, BUT you just really do NEED to know where things are at right now. its just one of those better safe than sorry types of situations? simply a 'precuation' that needs to be taken by you.

just make that appt, and by the way DO please tell mom and dad about this(if you were my daughter, trust me here, i would WANT to know) and see what the doc has to say after the exam and if he or she decides to maybe also get that scan done too? but you just DO need to be looked at with the symptoms you are displaying at this point.

just an FYI here for ya, if ANYTHING like this ever should happen again, make darn certain to at the very LEAST tell your mom and dad about it and let THEM decide what to do? also someone other than you that would just be in the very same house and living with you just HAS TO know if you or anyone actually has suffered ANY level of head trauma so if you do not wake up(or you take too long to rouse from sleep) or they start noticing certain things about your behavior that just can occur when the blow to the head is more severe, they can just get you where you NEED to be, in an ER getting some scans done on your head, K? just PLEASE do let another person like mom or dad actually KNOW what took place? it just really IS crucial for YOUR safety and well being or i would not be taking the time here to even tell you. hopefully things are all okay, but you DO need that neuro eval by at least your primary doc at this point hon.good luck to you with this and please let me know how you are doing,K? marcia

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-12-2010, 09:00 PM   #3
(female)

Liz419 HB User
Re: POSSIBLE CONCUSSION and havent told anyone =( please help me!!

Please Tell someone!!
Take it from me.. I am 19, female, and got hit in hockey 6 months ago. I thought I was tough and kept playing for a month after I got hit.. one of the stupidest decisions I have ever made.
Coming from a very athletic girl like you seem to be, I know you don't want to stay out of sports for longer than you have to.
Trust me, I went from playing hockey and working out every day to not being able to climb the stairs at school.
They may take you out of sports for a week to a month, but I am sure you would rather that than thinking your tougher than a braing injury and not being able to play again.
Please tell someone

Closed Thread

Tags
concussion, ear popping, head, headache