It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2010, 04:00 PM   #1
(male)

Serenatous HB User
Looking for diffrent scenarios, oppinions and possibilities

I just found out that someone i Love very dearly is having some problems, he happens to be my uncle, all of a sudden he became very depressed and sometimes loses control of his body/mind he get very angry and shouts out of the blue, and doesnt remember the incident that happened, the shouting or so on...
I traced it to one possibility back in his late teens around 19 or maybe 20 he had a major car accident, the car was totaled, it was a miracle he came out of it without a scratch, but he did hit his head, so im linking it to a traumatic brain injury, but this started lately and he is over 24 25 now, any suggestions is more then welcomed opinions and any type of scenario is very appreciated!!
I am wondering what type of trauma could do this and only start side effects after years ?
Names refferals to other cases, news, wiki, and type of info that could help me .
I thank you in advance for your patientce and help.
If you need to know anything please just ask.

Old 01-21-2010, 04:37 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB User
Re: Looking for diffrent scenarios, oppinions and possibilities

Hi, Do you know if he is on any medication? I know meds can cause many side effects. Also, there are tests to check for chemical imbalances or personality disorders such as bi-polar and numerous other conditions that this could be, and medications to help if this is the case. I believe a psychiatrist would need to evaluate and diagnose him to give him the proper treatment.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-22-2010, 03:36 AM   #3
(male)

Serenatous HB User

Well after he found out yes, he is currently going to a psychiatrist, and taking anti depressants, and pills to keep him calm all the time, he is going to the best doctors where he is currently living but none can find any problems...
And the pills are actually only making him more depressed, because the pills are some how making him gain weight...
P.s Kasey thx for ur time and response .

Old 01-23-2010, 05:11 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB User

Hi again, His symptoms do seem to correlate with the accident he had a few years back. There are support groups for the family available to help cope with this and teach you how to deal with the person in a way that helps you and them both. Also, there are many medications available and since the once he is on seems to make him feel worse, I hope he tells his doc and tries something different. I would suggest a support group for you and your family and his, I believe they explain what is going on medically with him, to you. and teach you coping skills, what to do, or say, what not to do or say, this in turn helps your uncle deal with things, when his family is informed. I hope you find the help you are looking for. Please try looking into support groups. It is nice you are trying to help your uncle.

Closed Thread