It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2010, 11:03 AM   #1
(male)

Gr3mlin HB User
Clear drops from nose.

recently over the last 3 months, i've had odd occations where my nose will just run. its a clear liquid and normally it happens just randomly. 2 days go, i was at work doing nothing out of the ordanry, when suddenly it happened. only 3-6 drips. i went and grabd a tissue and came back to the counter. about 1 hour later it happened again.
Before than it happened at home. 3-5 drips. and once awhile ago before then. and i once more in between.
I thought it odd. but after an incdnt at a waterfall it has started happening alot more. this happened less than a month.
at the waterfall I often jump off a rock into the water and swim around like an idiot. but last time i was there, i jumped off and i dont really remember how deep i got, but i remember my head suddenly hurt like mad. and my eyes. then as i resurfaced it didnt get better. I was sitting down holding my tempals until the pain subsided.
after than i had a MAJOR headache and was somewhat dizzy.
Its happened once before when i got alittle to deep, but no where as bad.
since then ive had these nose runs. just small, 5-7 drops of clear liquid. i havent got a cold, or a nose infection, i've never had a nose infection to my knowlge. Im currently on a drug called Fluoxetine to help battle depression. and also have been seeing a Chiropratcter for my back and neck.
Other than that i believe i am a normal person. Thanks for your time.

The following user gives a hug of support to Gr3mlin:
zabac (01-16-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-19-2010, 02:12 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

wakkochic17 HB User
Re: Clear drops from nose.

I would get it checked out by a doctor. There is such thing as a cerebral spinal fluid leak that could be causing it. It's not that common, but can be caused from a head injury. I don't believe it's life threatening unless your pressure becomes too low so you don't need to rush to the ER or anything, lol. Let your doctor know about the nose running AND about the head injury so they can check it out.

The Following User Says Thank You to wakkochic17 For This Useful Post:
zabac (01-16-2012)
Old 02-20-2010, 10:19 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

at the very LEAST here considering everything, i would very much just get to your own primary and ask for a referral for a contrasted MRI being done on your brain and the c spine as well just considering the possible areas that could have easily been impacted in what occured. this would in most cases actually show if anything was actually damaged in some way. you alos need a basic neuro eval done by your doc as well. while leaking CSF would indeed be a rather rare occurance, it 'could' be something that does NEED evaluation? the one way to actually tell in most cases if any actual CSF fluid is actually leaking here would be to take like a 2x2 gauze pad and actually catch some of that fluid, and try to get it in the middle if possible? this HAS to be an actual 'drop' of fluid from your nose and not a 'wipe" IN the nose itself? then lie it on the table for about at least two minutes or so just to see if this little bit of fluid actually appears to form whats called a "halo effect' kind of surrounding that drop area at all? the thing about CSF is it does have a somewhat oily type of base to it? so when the test is a positive for any CSF actually present in any drops from the nose or ears, it will kind of seperate the more watery part in the middle from the kind of oily part that kind of forms that 'outter ring effect"? you just would know it if you saw it on the gauze if it is actual CSF, and not simple water alone or nasal secretions.

so did you actually make cont6act with anything under the water that caused you to actually hit your head? depending upon how many times you have actually done this and if there ever was a time where you just did actually make contact,it just needs evaluating anyways. your symptoms just do require at least having the brain and c spine checked out. simply 'breaking the water" in certain ways, and the actual hieght of that drop into the water can really mess with your c spine and also create the same type of concussive sort of impact in certain ways on the brain too? while the drainage you are having is more than likely 'only' just from nasal issues, you just can never be too careful when it comes to just seeing what IS just going on inside of your brain and that c spine as well only becasue you also have neck pain/problems too here? just make that appt with your doc soon and get that good look inside the right areas. if nothing else it would rule out one heck of alot or rule in something within that c spine area that just is creating symptoms for you. espescially if you have been getting adjustments on that c spine at all from a chiro? in some cases they can help but in other cases, they just CAN make certain unknown problems much worse too. if you have been getting what are basically 'blind adjustments' for awhile thru this chiro without the real benefit of having that very crucial MRI first, you really have not real clue as to what was going in that area to begin with that could have just been exascerbated BY the chiro with him not having a freaking clue as to what was actually even realistically going on at all within the areas of the actual spinal cord and the nerve roots within that limited area of your c spine. any x rays will ONLY show the harder more boney structures but NOT what is beneath the structures in the cord/nerve level like a good contrasted MRI just could.

i just really DO feel you need to have those two key areas MRIed before anything more gets 'adjusted at all. this is what i would do if i were where you are right now. hopefully there is nothing major going on in either area, but you wont actually know that til it at least gets that more in depth looksee. good luck with this and please do keep us posted,marcia

Old 03-01-2010, 06:24 PM   #4
(female)

jheklll HB User

How do your eyes feel? Sometimes, if you have some sort of problems with your eyes, such as an eye infection, it can have that effect. If your tear ducts get clogged, they will find other ways to drain, such as out your nose. That used to happen to me. I switched my type of contacts and haven't had the problem since.

Closed Thread