It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2010, 07:48 PM   #1
(male)

bobbydigital8 HB User
head pressure / spaced out feeling

I have been having head pressure, heavy head, and a "spaced out" feeling daily for the past month. It seems to be worse during midday/early evening and when the weather changes rapidly. I went to a doctor and optometrist recently, but they could not give me an answer. My eyes are good and I had a blood test done for my blood sugar/thyroid levels that came back fine. My doctor prescribed allergy medicine which has not helped.

Old 03-19-2010, 08:26 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

Benit HB User
Re: head pressure / spaced out feeling

I've had the head pressure daily for 6 years, it's pretty much 24/7 with me. I still have no idea of what precisely is causing it. It seems that light exercise like a 4 mile walk, for example, can help get my mind off it for a while as that seems to raise endorphins. Strenuous exercise, on the other hand, especially anything with heavy lifting, can make it much worse, for me anyhow.

Let us know if you get any further testing done or if you find anything else out about it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-20-2010, 05:10 PM   #3
(male)

bobbydigital8 HB User

Thanks for the reply. I made this list overviewing my trouble to bring with me on my next doctors visit. I'm trying to decide if I need to see an ENT or a Neurologist. Any help is appreciated.

Original problem (ocurring at nighttime, from October 2006)
-off and on
-effects me more in the winter time
-trouble breathing
-tight feeling in throat
-waking up gasping for air
-dry throat
-wet, itchy ears in the morning ocasionally

Current problem (from Feburary 2010)
-daily trouble
-worst from 3pm-7pm and temperature/weather changes worsen it
-slight head/face pressure
-slight disoriented feeling, spaced out
-heavy feeling head
-trouble concentrating and doing normal tasks

Possibly related info
-neck pain
-middle back pain
-diminished sense of smell
-was living in a high elevation area from December to March
-was on a long flight and had no trouble (March 1st)

Treatment

-blood test for thyroid/blood sugar trouble. all came back normal
-allergy medication (allegra, claratin, xyzal). no help
-eye exam (slightly bad eyesight not requiring glasses). doctor said it was not related.

Old 03-22-2010, 07:52 PM   #4
Veteran
(male)

Benit HB User

Dear bobbydigital,

I would also recommend checking out the "weakness + strange feeling in head" thread, right in this exact forum. It's at the top of the list right now. All of us there have some symptoms in common, and since you have the head pressure, maybe you can find something there of interest.

Old 03-24-2010, 04:17 AM   #5
(male)

hothead HB User

I had similar head symptoms and still have. I was hospitalised and had mri, ecg, blood tests, eeg among others. My neurologist said I have encephalitis(inflammation of the brain). I was fine one day about a week after flu symptoms had gone and then I lost cognitive function and motor function. Head was wishy washy and I could not formulate my words and if I did they were delayed but I felt fine. it was surreal as if I was looking on at someone else. Check yourself in, don't mess wiht your head. It is not worth it.

Old 03-24-2010, 11:47 PM   #6
Veteran
(male)

Benit HB User

I think the onset of encephalitis would have to manifest with more than just head pressure. My first symptom was head pressure, then some other symptoms slowly came about, not suddenly, but gradually over the years. From what I know, encephalitis is a sudden rather drastic health problem. I never experienced a sharp loss of cognitive function. It seems like I have some cognitive dysfunction now but it seems more like a massive "brain fog" rather than impairment.

Last edited by Benit; 03-24-2010 at 11:50 PM.

Closed Thread