It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2010, 12:39 PM   #1
(male)

damone HB User
Weak, tired, cloudy - What is wrong with me?

Hi all.

First thing I should do is say I suffer from anxiety and stress. I'm a definite hypochondriac. 34 years old male, married, 3 kids. I've been on fluoxetine for about 8 years.

Anyways, whenever something doesn't feel right I get a bit freaked out. I work an office job and am staring at my monitor for about 10 hours every day, plus a bit on my home PC as well. I've always had a pattern of headaches where I'd wake up fine, and after lunch, develop a minor to moderate headache. Usually on the sides of my head, sometimes in the back. I'd pop a couple tylenol, lie down when I got home, and I'd be fine. I decided to go see my doctor for this a couple weeks ago. Of course, out of nowhere I started getting freaked out I had a tumor. He checked me out and said I looked OK.

Last week, I came home and felt crappy. I was dizzy, weak, nauseaus. I didn't throw up, but I had mild diahrreha. Lasted about 24 hours. After that, I felt OK. Not really dizzy, but kind of off balance. Today, I'm feeling weak, off-balance, and my stomach is upset. I made an appointment with a neurologist for this Tuesday. Never seen one before. I'm scared to death. I don't know what is going on. My wife thinks it's all stress and I'm makiing myself sick.

Not sure what anyone can say. Just felt like I wanted to get it off my chest and see if anyone could make me feel better about my situation.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-13-2010, 10:15 PM   #2
(female)

answersplease HB User
Re: Dizziness, upset stomach, weakness.....

Hi Everybody & Damone!

Damone:
Thank you for sharing your problem.
Are your symptoms gone now?
How are you feeling?
Did you figure out the cause?

I'm 22, female. I'm not sure if your symptoms are exactly the same or not, but I've been suffering from something similar for two weeks now.

I'm generally very coordinated and have good balance, but following a chiropractic manipulation of my neck on Tuesday 4/27/10, I have been having puzzling symptoms. I've been to this chiropractor sporadically since October 2008, and she's always used tools to gently adjust my spine, but never before has she done a manipulation like this: she had an assistant pull on my legs, while she pulled on my neck and twisted it hard and fast to one side.

Later that night, I was nauseous. And that night while trying to get comfortable and fall asleep I whipped my neck violently up and down against my pillow (a sort of whiplash effect). I woke up feeling fine the next morning, Wednesday 4/28, but later that day I noticed my vision was slightly blurry or distorted.

Sometime soon after the 28th, dizziness started. Not vertigo, not spinning, but a feeling of imbalance, not being able to walk well (like I didn't know how far the ground was when putting down my foot), and the sensation that somethings were distorted in my vision, sort of curved, and moving strangely or more than they should be.

After a while pressure began building behind my right eye, and from time to time I have muscle tension on my right neck (the same side as the eye pain and pressure), my head hurts especially when I lay down and there is pressure on it from the pillow/bed. Sometimes I'm nauseous and I vomited a few times last week. I feel like I have trouble holding up my head, like it's heavier on the right side. My dizziness is worse when I'm standing and walking, but the dizziness can be triggered by rolling over in bed, getting out of bed, and looking up by tilting my head back. Again, it's not spinning like vertigo, but just unsteadiness like things are moving more than they should.

It's been over 2 weeks now and the symptoms may have fluctuated a bit from day to day, but they are constant and haven't gotten any better that I can tell.

I've been to the Emergency room twice, neither time they found anything wrong. I've also been to my general practitioner who send me to the second emergency room trip to have an MRI of my neck and head done because she feared that an artery in my neck had been torn because of the chiropractic adjustment and that I might be bleeding into my brain, and might have a stroke.

I have seen a neurologist who basically laughed in my face and said you haven't had a stroke yet, nothing's wrong with you neurologically. I saw a spine doctor who said my spine had no problems, it wasn't misaligned, and they could tell why I might be dizzy all the time.

I finally got the results of the MRI of my head and and I don't have a torn artery in my neck, and everything's normal EXCEPT for a "2mm right supraclinoid Internal Carotid Artery aneurysm, projecting inferiorly" which I've figured out from searching online is a brain aneurysm behind my right eye near the optical nerve. It's unruptured, and small so the likelihood of it rupturing anytime soon is small, but I don't know if it might be causing symptoms.

Could this small aneurysm in my brain be causing the eye pain and pressure behind my right eye, visual disturbances, imbalance, disequilibrium, nausea, occasional neck pain, unsteady gait (walking), and fatigue (I'm so tired all the time, and this is not normal for me)?

Do you guys know anyone who's had an unruptured brain aneurysm?

Do you know what might have caused it?

Do you guys think that my chiropractor's manipulation caused the aneurysm to form?

Thank you in an advance for any responses.

Last edited by answersplease; 05-14-2010 at 12:41 AM.

Old 05-14-2010, 10:49 AM   #3
(male)

XJohnnyZ HB User
Re: Weak, tired, cloudy - What is wrong with me?

I am sorry to hear this. I too am having similiar problems. Do you have an old crt monitor that you use? I suspect mine contributes to my dizziness. Are you feeling any better?

Old 05-14-2010, 06:12 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

jennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB User
Re: Weak, tired, cloudy - What is wrong with me?

My eye doctor made me get specific prescription glasses for computer work(I don't wear glasses except for reading). I needed something weaker than the reading glasses but stronger than no glasses and a pair that was treated for the glare off the glass. Made a huge difference in dizziness and headaches. I guess I was just sensitive to the glare of the monitor and most of what I did was just a tad too small for me to read with comfort. Made me feel car sick. Better now.

Just an idea.

Closed Thread