It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2010, 12:28 AM   #1
(male)

chattpin HB User
Am I crazy

For 5 years I have had these strange episodes that would last for around 20 or 30 seconds. I really did not know how to explain them to anyone. When they started I would get this feeling in my gut and it would go to my head, lights seemed brighter and pulsed and my ears had pressure and I would get like a vision very strange kind of out of body thing and feeling of deja vu. They would happen 1 a day and then go away for a while and now it is about everyday. I am a father of 11 and scared to death of going to the doctor/ Kind of lost.

Last edited by chattpin; 11-01-2010 at 12:29 AM.

Old 11-07-2010, 09:46 PM   #2
(male)

jverive HB Userjverive HB Userjverive HB Userjverive HB Userjverive HB Userjverive HB Userjverive HB User
Re: Am I crazy

No, you are not crazy!!

What you are describing sounds a lot like classical migraine with aura but without headache (it is actually a lot more common than it might seem.) Other causes might be Giant Cell Arteritis or a number of other syndromes, but no matter what it is, there is a very good chance that your doctors will be able to help. By all means, see the doctor, even if it is "just" for your family. Even if you are worried that it could be something really serious (like a brain tumor,) it's still better to have it checked out while something can be done and before you are debilitated by the condition.

Best of luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattpin View Post
For 5 years I have had these strange episodes that would last for around 20 or 30 seconds. I really did not know how to explain them to anyone. When they started I would get this feeling in my gut and it would go to my head, lights seemed brighter and pulsed and my ears had pressure and I would get like a vision very strange kind of out of body thing and feeling of deja vu. They would happen 1 a day and then go away for a while and now it is about everyday. I am a father of 11 and scared to death of going to the doctor/ Kind of lost.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread