It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2010, 04:57 PM   #1
(female)

Kneecoal79 HB User
Unhappy Burning neck, bugs under my scalp, feels like my head is on FIRE

Not sure what is going on, I just want people who has had or is having the same symptoms to weigh in.

About 2.5 months ago it started with my head twitching directly above my right ear, annoying but not painful. Twitching lasted for 3 days then I had the same spot feel like it is on fire! That lasted 2 days the. It moved to the top of my head, stayed there for two days and then back to the original spot. I had laporscopy surgery on November 19th and even up to that day I was still having the burning sensation. After my surgery I went 20 days with nothing, back to normal. 4 days ago it started again, burning sensation, bugs crawling under my scalp. Absoultley annoying! Anyone with helpful tips please let me know

Old 09-25-2011, 09:43 AM   #2
(female)

Magsterma HB User
Re: Burning neck, bugs under my scalp, feels like my head is on FIRE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kneecoal79 View Post
Not sure what is going on, I just want people who has had or is having the same symptoms to weigh in.

About 2.5 months ago it started with my head twitching directly above my right ear, annoying but not painful. Twitching lasted for 3 days then I had the same spot feel like it is on fire! That lasted 2 days the. It moved to the top of my head, stayed there for two days and then back to the original spot. I had laporscopy surgery on November 19th and even up to that day I was still having the burning sensation. After my surgery I went 20 days with nothing, back to normal. 4 days ago it started again, burning sensation, bugs crawling under my scalp. Absoultley annoying! Anyone with helpful tips please let me know

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-25-2011, 11:21 AM   #3
(female)

Sandel HB UserSandel HB User

Hi there I am sory you are going through that, it sounds like it could be CRPS symptoms to me as I have felt what you describe on my head and elsewhere, it moves around.. had you been injured or had surgery within the month or so preceding the start of these symptoms and it would be even more likely, though CRPS does just apear spontaniously sometimes as well as with trauma or sickness.. hm it also sounds similar to the way I have heard arachnoditis described as well, I think it is neurological
Sometimes during surgery they use an anesthesia that can/will temporarily stop the pain, I would sugest you check it out sooner rather than later, the pain stopping after anesthesia is a good sign in that it points to a treatment potential, and it can designate the pain into a category, by discription and medicine reaction (remission) so yes probibly nerve pain but you need to see a professional about this, I would request to be referred to a neurologist ASAP whether its CRPS or another problem thats causing similar neurological symptoms, it neads to be diagnosed and treated quickly, I do hope you get your answers soon.. or find the one with YOUR vodo doll (cause thats what it feels like to me).
In the meantime research studies show that vitamin C when taken right after an injury can reduce the incedence of CRPS by 80% IF you have surgery again it might be advisable to get on VC (talk to yr doc).. hah mabie it wont come back next time they use that med on you.. heres hopin you find your answers.

Before you have surgery again be sure the doc knows about ALL of your symptoms.. and do not use ice.

Be well,
Sandel

Be well,
Sandel

Old 09-25-2011, 03:58 PM   #4
(female)

Magsterma HB User

Have your dermatologist check for parasites.
I sent you a note earlier today, however, I have no clue how to read your response and this site will not help me.
Good luck

Closed Thread