HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Brain & Nervous System Disorders (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/brain-nervous-system-disorders/)
-   -   Help! Feel Like I'm Slowly Dying (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/brain-nervous-system-disorders/833971-help-feel-like-im-slowly-dying.html)

Wolfpac 03-16-2011 12:02 PM

Re: Help! Feel Like I'm Slowly Dying

Wiggs,
Thanks for posting. Yes I do have some of the same issues you do. Mornings are the worst, brain fog really bad, no energy. Climbing the stairs is like I just ran 20 miles. Ever have the feeling like you legs can't hold you up? I spent 30 years running everyday so my legs were always the strong part of my body. Now they get tired very easy. I do feel like I have anxiety too. Just feels weird, I'm a people person and sometimes it's really hard to talk to people. When I was in the Marines I was an instructor so talking and teaching was an everyday thing. Now its just hard. I will check out the CFS board. Thanks for you input. Is ther anything to help with CFS?

Rick

wigs123 03-16-2011 12:41 PM

Hi Rick,
I posted a thread on CFS board of things that have helped me. Yes I have had the feeling my legs couldn't hold me up. Things like that I figured is what was causing my anxiety. You can feel good one second and then all of a sudden you crash with no energy. I hate to compare it to this but it's like Japan with the earthquake. You never know when the after shocks are coming so you get anxious. I've improved quite a bit the last couple of weeks. I actually feel good and my brain fog has cleared up. I still can't over exert myself yet. I was in such bad shape last year and for so long I wasn't sure I would ever even feel this good again. I also take D-Ribose. I read it can help people with CFS. It seemed to help me when I first started taking it.
Good luck,
Wigs.

Wolfpac 03-16-2011 05:25 PM

Wigs,
Thanks again for your comments. What did you do to get the brain fog to clear? That is the worst, can't think clear, feels like I'm in a dream or something. If I could clear that up I might be able to start exercise and maybe just maybe get my life back. Like I said in my other posts, I'v tried anti depressants and they didn't help. Wellbutrin, Zolof, Lexapro, none worked. I really hate to try it again. I hate how they make me feel.

Rick

wigs123 03-16-2011 06:31 PM

Rick,
Out of all the things brain fog was always the worst for me too. I started taking the supplement Bio-Strath a couple a weeks ago and my brain fog really got better. It said it was a stress and fatique formula. I don't know if that's what did it or everything else I was doing before and the timing was just right with this. Taking magnesium (500mg) really seemed to help with the fatique. Bathing in Epsom salt in the morning would sometimes not only help me with the fatique but also would clear the brain fog. Your not suppose to exercise with CFS. Your slowly suppose to build your stength back up. I couldn't even lift a bag of groceries and I would be wiped out for days. It took time but I was actually able to shove during the winter. I would relapse a lot of times but I didn't care because it felt so good just to be able to it. Walking help me. I would walk for 20-30 min. Then come home and rest for a 1 or 2 hours. If I didn't crash and was just tired I would get up and do it again. There was sometimes I couldn't even walk 1/2 a block and knew it wasn't happing that day. I noticed that if I did things fast or quick my CFS would kick in. The cold really made my cfs worst. I walked inside all winter. I learned to notice when I had done to much and was going to crash. If any of my symptoms would suddenly get worst. That was always a hint to stop. Then I would rest the rest of the day. If they stayed the same I would try to keep going without over doing it.
If you have any more questions I will try to help.
Hopefully something in here will help.
Wigs

Wolfpac 03-16-2011 07:06 PM

Wigs,
Thank you so much for taking the time to help. Tell me more about Bio- Strath. Is it a power, pill, liquid? I'm to the point that I will try almost anything. I want to start walking so bad, but the brain fog and weakness really make it hard. I keep thinking that if I can clear the fog, I could get back to running and feeling better. A year and half ago I had blood clots in my lungs. Before that I was running everyday, but still had the brain fog bad. But a least I could exercise. Your a great American my friend for taking the time to help a Marine vet.

wigs123 03-16-2011 08:17 PM

Rick,
Bio-Strath comes in pill or liquid. My accupuncturist said the ingrediants would have a warming affect. I never had that. She didn't understand why it worked for me. You can goggle it. It comes up. I had my brain fog for at least a year and a half. It would only clear up here and there. It was amazing when it did and gave me hope that it would eventually last longer. For me I would force myself out of bed in the morning and walk for 20 min. That also help get over some of the morning symptoms. Then I would do the same at noon and 5. It not only helped with symptoms, it made me feel good because it felt like I was accomplishing something. I can't count how many times I thought like you and said I will just exercise this out of me. But I knew that would make it worse. Brain fog was the last symptom to clear up for me. I started walking last August and figuring out the other things that worked for me after that. Everthing seemed to go in stages as far as feeling better and better. I consider myself very lucky besause I read other people that have suffered for so long. I still suffer at times and have symptoms but I keep improving. I remember walking and my fatique cleared up for the first time. It lasted only a minute but I told myself, "if I can feel good for a minute, I can feel good for 2 the next time." Sorry for keep going on but I figure if I can start to feel better you can too.

wigs123 03-20-2011 06:03 AM

Hi Rick,

Foods that seemed to give me a quick boost were peanut butter and jelly sandwich. It was the peanut butter. Mixed nuts, almonds. They have higher magnesium.
Wish you the best,
Wigs.

< edited >

cutiepie70 03-24-2011 01:50 PM

I've had very many of the same symptoms for quite some time, and I've definitely narrowed it down to TMJD/muscular related problems due to years of anxiety and worry.

One thing that can also cause not a few but ALL of these horrible symptoms is having trigger points in your SCM muscles and your trapezius muscles, among others close to the neck and head. They can wreak havoc and can often be connected to jaw clenching/grinding.

Look up "sternocleidomastoid and brain fog" or some of your other symptoms and see what comes up. Seriously. Then go and get a trigger point therapy book, like Clair Davies' book. You'll be surprised how many of your symptoms can be caused by this.

Wolfpac 03-25-2011 12:15 PM

Wigs,
I eat a lot of peaunut better, always have but doesn't seem to help. Went back to my doctor, and I asked to have my heart checked out again. I have a lot of chest pains. I had it checked before and found nothing. I guess I just want a second check. After that I guess they want me to see someone about trying anti depression meds again. I tried that 3 times before with no results. I just want a doctor to tell the problem. All these doctors and none of the seem to have any idea what the problem is. Sometimes I feel like a damn ginnepig. Damn brain fog anyway. : (

sjb 03-25-2011 12:32 PM

Hi

sometimes chest pain can be caused by the cartilage being inflammed. With those who smoke the blood vessels contrict causing some tissues of the body to be improperly nourished with food and the waste taken away which doesn't help cartilage or any other tissue of the body. :)

wigs123 03-25-2011 01:48 PM

Hi Rick,
I used to get chest pain too. I had ekg's a few times. Always nothing. I stopped drinking last June. I was a beer drinker. My chest pains went away. I had a drink of beer about 2 weeks ago and after a short time the chest pains came back. I figure it's part of cfs and drinking with me. I do take citalopram for my anxiety. The doctor always thought I was depressed and I would tell that I wasn't, I'm exhausted. I used to have a physical job and I told him I used to be able to do all this stuff like nothing now after an hour I'm completely wiped out. That's when he diagnosed me with cfs. One of the things I did was have a daily log on how I felt and what I did. If I felt good or bad and for how long and my sypmtoms. This helped the doctor understand what I was going trough. Also with the log you might be able to tell if certain things are affecting you good and bad. With the brain fog you don't pick everthing up all the time. Things I did that helped me took time. I didn't see results right away. If anything seemed to help me even a little I stuck with it. Hang in there.
wigs

legin 03-25-2011 11:18 PM

Hi i hope u are doing well. you think that this is from soley ten years of smoking?

Texa 03-26-2011 01:31 AM

Do you ingest artificial sweeteners, at all?

xyz120 04-12-2011 11:44 AM

Re: Feel Like I'm Dying

Thank you Jen for your reply. Lymes Disease keeps coming up when I post and search my symptoms. In fact it came up a few years ago when I was experiencing far less of these symptoms. I really need to pursue this idea. I feel in my heart that it must be. I just don't ever remember getting bitten or having a mysterious fever. Thanks again for your advise. :)

legin 04-13-2011 02:45 AM

Hey hope all is well. I didn't read to much but remember to breathe with your stomach and not your chest you could be agrivating the nerves in your lungs. Secondly for some reason you are exacerbating ur breathing perhaps u have alot of sugar or just in general a ****** diet. Lastly i just read that fasting with water and only water for 24 hours for starters resets everything in your nervous system and is proven to alleviate high blood pressure. Hope everything turns out ok for you. and also try alternate nostril breathing, google it.