It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2011, 08:16 AM   #1
(female)

lgraber72 HB User
Unhappy Scared and waiting

hello my name is lisa and i just found out a couple of weeks ago that i had i have inflamation on the brain and spinal fluid on the brain. i go to the drs. on the 8th this friday to get the rest of the test results. and find out if i have to have surgery (shunt) i am very nervis and scared, and don't know what to exspect. i was also told that i have had a multipule amounts of mini strokes and i have alot of white spots on my brain that were caused from migraines. i was also told that i may have MS i also have alot of other things wrong with me as well, amd it just keeps piling on my shoulders. most of my fathers side of the family is dead and i only have 2 aunts and 1 uncle left out of 11. they all died of either heart problems or cancer or just plain wore out. i am 38 years old. and my medical history is enormous. i was classified with 6 disorders and i am just wondering if anyone out there has had the shunt put in and lived to talk about it. if theres anyone out there who has this surgery done and have a survival story please share with me. i have a 6 yr old step-son that i am raising and i am very scared that i won't come out of the surgery because of my blood pressure it was very high into the 200's but now is is sometimes to low. so i don't know whats going to happen. so please if have any information please respond to me as soon as u can.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread