It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2011, 10:18 AM   #1
(male)

fadetogrey HB User
memory loss

Hi all im a new member live in ireland and am hoping for some views on my own condition.I attended my doctor some weeks ago because I had been getting short term memory loss and he duly sent me for a brain scan.back today to see the doctor and he told me the results of scan show I have reduced brain cells and calcification on my frontal lobes,he tells me that part of the brain is where the planning part is and could be responsible for my memory loss.He says at present its "not too serious" and hes referring me for heart tests (which surprise me as my blood pressure is always excellent)and then will decide what medicine to proscribe.I ask him is this likely to get worse and if so what will be the outlook but he just skirted round that question with a "wait till we see". So anyone here have anything similar and what was the treatment? Is it helping? any thoughts would be very welcome thanks.

Old 06-11-2011, 11:26 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

thefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB User
Re: memory loss

Hey there,
I have had Chronic Fatigue since I was 18, 31 now. Anyhow, Memory loss is one of my many symptoms. I have had Fibromyalgia since 09, my memory loss has been way worst. It's to the point now where I forget where I put stuff, can't remember if I took my meds, I put stuff in weird places, forget important things all the time. Very frustrating. I'm going to be tested for ms soon, eager to see what the results are.
Anyhow, I think you should call the r's office & find out the name of what you have. Then google it to find as much info as you can. You'll want to see what the long term effects are, other problems that may go with it, also see if there is a cause of it. Find out as much as you possibly can. Wish I were more help, just know that you are not alone.
Back injury~ 2005
Severe Degenerative Disk, Arthritis, Mild Scoliosis.
Fibromyalgia diagnosed 2009
Neuropathy
Migraines?

The Following User Says Thank You to thefarm For This Useful Post:
fadetogrey (06-12-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread