It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-28-2011, 07:27 PM   #1
(male)

Trent1 HB User
Could this be brain injury or neurotoxicity?

One night before bed i felt a pressure in my brain like a balloon being filled with air making a strong pain as the pressure was building up and at the same time i heard a voice in my head, This was the only voice i heard in my heard at this time but the pain kept coming. Few days later i had a car accident at 120km per hour, my car hit the wall inside of a tunnel, the car spinned around twice and was thrown of the road around 60 meters. The car was destroyed, i got out uninjured and was functioning as normal.

I didn't go to the hospital for a check, some days later i started hearing voices in my head, too many voices followed by pains in my head. Then came visual hallucinations 'not seeing invisible people but seeing images as flashes in my head', then came tactile hallucinations, i felt people were touching me, it felt very real. Being a believer in ghosts, i honestly thought it was ghosts that were touching me. + Smelling hallucinations and hallucinations of taste and feelings.

I went to a psychiatrist he gave me some medication and hallucinations stopped. But now i have pains in my head and sometimes i feel my brain is making movements as a sponge. The pains in my head are so hurtful that it can't be described, often i can't even stand in front of a computer, i just lie down, in addition i have drowsiness, memory problems, mostly short term memory, nausea, difficulty with concentration, sometimes i can't understand things when someone talks to me and a few times when people talk to me i just hear them but don't know what they just said. To me it appears that if they just make sounds not words. Also often it hurts in my head when i hear anything at all as if the sounds are very loud. It also seems like i am losing
my intelligence. My personality is changing, i have behavioural problems, sometimes i smile with no reason, sometimes i laugh with no reason at all. And sometimes it feels like i am passing out but i don't pass out actually, i sweat at the same time and vomit and become almost totally motionless.

I am going to treatment and i have taken MRI, CT, EEG, been to a neurologist and still having the above mentioned problems except the hallucinations. However when my brain makes movements like a sponge sounds very odd to my doctor and i am very confused about it myself so maybe those movements could be some sort of hallucination?

I am now stuck with this disease and don't know where to go for help besides my doctor. I have been working with cars as a part time job, mostly painting and that's why i wonder if this could be neurotoxicity problem from the paints and the car accident was just a coincendence that happened at the same time when the disease was about to develop or the disease was there but the accident made it worse?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-22-2012, 12:01 PM   #2
(male)

matt865 HB User
Re: Could this be brain injury or neurotoxicity?

Hello Trent i have been having some weird feeling in my brain too did you get it figured out yet? mine is pretty bad. get back to me here and ill tell u how i feel. thx

Last edited by matt865; 04-22-2012 at 12:01 PM.

Closed Thread