I have been experiencing a lot of symptoms (in another current post by a different member regarding strange symptoms) and another member had mentioned that I could have Lyme Disease. I went to the doctor (*again*) and she did send me off with 3 weeks of doxy.
In the last week I noticed that my feet started to smell like chlorine. I thought maybe I was dehydrated. I upped the water intake, which only just made me pee - a lot more... because I am not dehydrated. Then, my upper body started to smell too. My sweat was weird... and I think it may still be?! I don't know, my husband says it smells off but not like chlorine. NOW - NOW I smell and taste bleach. It doesn't go away and no one else can smell it and my husband does not taste it when he kisses me.
Is this something I need addressed immediately? My nurse called everywhere in northern MN to get me a neuro appt - it's on the 29th...
Well, the neurologist I got in so quickly with was awful - hence being able to get in so quickly. I got a new appointment with one who I have heard will spend more than 30 seconds in the room with you.
I am still smelling and tasting bleach regularly. I did a 3 wk round of doxy, my symptoms were hundred of millions of times worse for two weeks and then better the third week (for the most part) and then a sudden crash right when I came off the doxy. I got another round, this time for 4 weeks. First two weeks very very bad - physical was worse the second time (where as the mental was worse the first time)... I have been off it now for a few days and feel.... okish but questionable. I am wondering if there might be permanent neurological damage from the lymes, hence the appointment with a decent neurologist.
still looking for anyone who might have ideas on smelling and tasting bleach. blood work has been normal.
hand spasms (seizures almost, that turn my arm inward)
tumor on jaw / pain
arm and leg pain / tingling
piano fingers (very smooth but fast twitching movements)
tripping over nothing
The following user gives a hug of support to vintage00gypsy: slenderella (10-07-2011)
Vintage, sorry to hear of your situation. I am in the same boat, but started with different symptoms & now have many of the normal expectations attributed to Lyme.
Do not be discouraged & know that you need a MUCH LONGER treatment for what you have, since it sounds like you are far deep into it & have most likely had this for a while.
Lyme usually goes with co-infections from various other bacteria that also get transmitted at the same time. Testing for either Lyme or co-infections is not always straight forward. Many of the tests come back with false negatives, 50% or more. Furthermore, not even the testing on the co-infections are reliable. The whole thing is a big joke if you ask me & really disintegrates my belief in our Medical System. The Borrelia B. bacteria (main cause of Lyme) is a spirochete and can burrow into ANY part of your body and cause any type of damage. Some people only get a single symptom and only some damage & can live like that for a while, while others can carry it for YEARS before displaying any symptoms.
You need to get a LLMD (Lyme Literate Medical Doctor).
Your best bet now is to get a LLMD and then read, read, and do more reading. take care and the best of luck to you. This will be the journey of your life.
Last edited by Administrator; 05-20-2012 at 10:16 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to FastUno For This Useful Post: iwillgtwell (10-10-2011)