It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2011, 05:09 AM   #1
(male)

john11111 HB User
do I have hydrocephalus?

I have a big head, 26 inches circumference, and it has some kind of symmetrical hills on the sides, and I'm now 20 years old. Is it possible that this is hydrocephalus?

I have photos of me since I was a child, and it has always been the same, my mom told me that I was born this way. The photos are pretty scaring, because they look like these children with hydrocephalus. Not that much though.

I really like my head, although people find it funny, it's just who I am, and I wouldn't change it for anything. But I wouldn't want to find out that I have some kind of illness or something.

Now I'm tall, and my head fits exactly my body, so less people start to notice it. Also my neck is large too, and it fits exactly the shape of my head, if it wasn't for my neck, my appearance would be really ugly.

What are the chances?

You may ask about symptoms, well none, I don't really remember when was the last time I had a fever, head ache, or something similar, maybe 10 years ago?

Generally I look after my health and I rarely get sick. Even when I was a baby my mom told me that I never had any problems.

My mom told me that the shape of my head was like that always, she gave birth at one of the best hospitals and they checked me out many times, not sure if it was for this illness though, just normal checks and didn't find anything wrong.

But I don't know, why is it that my head is bigger than everyone's? Is just a genetic thing or is there something else behind it?

I've heard that hydrocephalus causes problems to children's development, they start getting bad grades in school and other things, that's not the case for me.

I've always been one of the best students in class, and I have never had a slight problem with learning or concentration, now I'm studying at a university and my GPA is near 4.

I want to ask you something, is it possible that maybe this enlargement of my head is just the way I had to be born or is there something more serious behind this?

Also if I had this disease and left it untreated, would I be alive right now?

thanks in advance

Last edited by john11111; 09-30-2011 at 05:10 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread