It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2011, 08:34 PM   #1
(male)

mixmaster HB User
Foggy Thoughts, Bad Memory, Feeling Pressure in my Head

Hey all,

I have a history of having a bad memory, but it was never something I was worried about or took too seriously. Recently though it has become much worse and began to impact my life. I can rarely think straight, have a hard time listening to people and grasping what they are saying, and constantly have words on the tip of my tongue but am unable to think of them.

Everyday I feel like my thoughts are lost in a cloud. I feel like there is continuous pressure in my head, like always having a mild headache. I sometimes catch myself squinting when reading.

I struggle in situations I previously excelled in. I just started a new job, and feel incapable of having intelligent conversations with people because I'm unable to think on the spot. I feel like my brain is running slowly, and I don't readily grasp things that I know I'm capable of.

I have tried to research this issue, but it seems that most people have more symptoms, like depression, anxiety, sleep deprivation, lack of exercise, etc. I eat very well, and am extremely conscious about where my food comes from. I exercise daily and get about 7-8 hours of sleep a night. I am not depressed, and consider myself to be very laid-back and rarely get anxious. I also have a high level of motivation, and enjoy always moving and being active.

I can't pin down exactly when I began having these problems, but I did feel very normal this summer (I rode my bike across the country and finished early September). A friend of mine that I shared my problems with suggested vitamin D deficiency as a result of no longer being outside for most of the day, however I'm not sure if the implications could be so severe.

Please let me know if you have any thoughts. Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-21-2012, 06:27 AM   #2
(female)

sharkh14 HB User
Re: Foggy Thoughts, Bad Memory, Feeling Pressure in my Head

You stated that you eat healthy, but have you tried eliminating wheat from your diet and other carbs? Do you take any supplements at all? I was having the same brain fog you describe and diet seems to make the biggest difference. Once I start reintroducing too many carbs back into my diet I can feel myself slip back into the fog. I've also read that some people, while they are not allergic to wheat (celiac disease) are sensitive to it.

The Following User Says Thank You to sharkh14 For This Useful Post:
marry4jack (09-02-2012)
Old 02-13-2013, 11:21 AM   #3
(male)

oOJustmeOo HB User

I would be interested if you have come to any conclusions on how you are feeling. I commonly feel the same way and have yet to figure it out.

Old 03-11-2013, 06:32 PM   #4
(male)

Bret Wellman HB User

I feel the same way. I stopped eating gluten a week ago and felt great for a few days but two days ago I started having the feeling that I can't catch my breath (like I have to yawn but can't get any satisfaction). I have been eating coco puffs for breakfast and found out today that it may contain gluten, hopefully cutting that out will help.

Old 05-23-2013, 12:38 PM   #5
(female)

DEVART HB User

I have been feeling the same way, having brain fog, not able to concentrate, dry eyes (having to blink more than usual), I feel I can't have educated conversations anymore, feel slow to think, I even use the wrong words all of the time without noticing. I have come across, "Aphasia" and "Progressive Aphasia". Look those up and let me know what you think.

Old 10-14-2013, 08:54 PM   #6
(female)

cloudybrain HB User

I know this is from a while ago but if you're still struggling with what is going on, you might want to get tested for ADHD-predominately inattentive (its ADD but they don't use that term anymore). I was diagnosed when I was little but never understood or believed it until I got older.

If this is still relevant I'd love to share more with you.

Reply Reply