It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2012, 01:48 AM   #1
(male)

Aussie Joe HB User
Self Induced full body shock

I have been able to do this for years and out of my curiosity i wanted to research it but yeilded no results; so i thought i should ask about it.

It's like i can tense all my muscles at once and send a "shock" through my body causing it to shake, as well as increase my heartbeat.

From what i can tell it begins when i sit or stand still and focus on tensing muscles in the back of my thighs and calves, from here it moves to my diaphragm, ramping in intensity across my body, ramping up, causing me to lightly shake until the shakes become great enough to make me lose my physical concentration. Afterwards the heavy beat of my heart is very apparent as well as my awareness of the lack of breathing through this "event".

Can anyone, for the love of god, tell me what it is (the cause) and is it safe?

Regards

Joe

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-12-2012, 02:49 AM   #2
(female)

catchingfire HB User
Re: Self Induced full body shock

I have been able to do the same thing for a few years. I also have needle phobia (caused by vasovagal shock) and the feeling I get when I tense my muscles like that feels a lot like the feeling I get after before and after being injected. My needle phobia temporarily lowers my blood pressure and leaves me looking anemic - could this be related?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-14-2012, 06:54 AM   #3
(male)

Aussie Joe HB User
Re: Self Induced full body shock

I also have a thing about needles, not sure if it's related or not, but i shudder at the thought of them.... i think i just don't like them lol.

I've never (to my knowledge) had a vasovagal shock, but it kinda does give me hope that it is a nervous system ordeal and that i'm in the right place.

Was hoping that somone in the field would see the post and have an idea, but i'm glad to see that it's still findable.

Here's to hoping that someone knows what the cause is.

Closed Thread