It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-28-2012, 10:42 PM   #1
(female)

vickibraat HB User
Unhappy Worried about my spine. PLEASE HELP!!!!

Hi I'm victoria, I have cracked my back since I was about 12 I'm 17 now and I've pulled my muscle twice in my neck by cracking my back and once my simply turning my head.(I don't know if that's relevant) About a month ago when I would wake up my right arm,mostly my ring and pinky and part of my neck would be numb but after a while it would go away. Even if I just lay here with my arm next to me it starts getting tingly, I'm very worried..could something be wrong with my spine??? If not then please let me know what's wrong with me (((

Old 06-23-2012, 05:34 AM   #2
(female)

powergrub HB Userpowergrub HB Userpowergrub HB Userpowergrub HB User
Re: Worried about my spine.PLEASE HELP!!!!

Victoria,

In response to your concern about your spine and the tingling and numbness in your fingers and neck......

I have had 40 years of spinal surgeries and spine issues and I understand your fear. I would get to a neurologist or even your primary care physician and tell them what you are experiencing.

Tingling and numbness can be many things - usually it is from tight muscles causing a nerve to be impinged or inflammation which eventually goes away - however it can take up to a year or more when you are dealing with inflammation depending on your daily activity levels, what you eat, medications etc.

I am not a doctor but I would tell you to ask for a MRI of your neck, check for scoliosis (curvature of the spine), and tell your doctor how freaked out you are about what you are experiencing....

Many times the fear and not knowing makes things worse - believe me I have been there.

I would advise you to stay as active as possible and to start a meditation program. It will be the best thing you ever do with your life - I wish I would have started my meditation many many years earlier to help me cope with life better.

I will pray for your diagnosis and recovery.

K from Wis

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-23-2012, 09:39 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: Worried about my spine.PLEASE HELP!!!!

Sometimes, just the way we sleep causes pressure on a nerve if we stay in a position too long. The nerve running to your ring and pinky finger is the ulnar nerve, and you may just be lying too long on your arm. It is the one that hurts when you hit your "funny bone" (not so funny when it happens). Inflammation in the elbow, like from tennis elbow problems (epicondylitis) can cause this too. If you have no neck or arm pain or elbow pain, I doubt anything is wrong with your spine or elbow. It may just be sleeping position.

Closed Thread