It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2012, 02:04 AM   #1
(male)

theomoon HB User
Cool Aricept for "dementia" (not Alzheimer's) (celiac)

Can anyone say that they have found Aricept to help at all, in any remotely scientific way for someone with dementia, but definitely not (like my dad has celiac) specifically Alzheimer's?

I know we all have these feelings, but what if they are right? I am not a doctor, and I am not stating facts or trying to convince anyone of anything, I am just posting what I feel. You don't have to feel that I am right, I am not looking for acceptance, in fact, I want, appreciate, and learn from criticism. If you don't want to read further, that is fine, thank you for your time.

There are possibly no real, verifiable, scientific facts related to my Fathers' diagnosis. There are some relatively factual things like: "Dr. whoever" is a doctor, he has a degree, he can prove he went to school and achieved that title, he is a person, I can meet him and see that he acts "normal" when I squeeze his hand and do the man wrestle with him that appears to everyone else as a handshake. =) Of course that is assuming that nobody is "body-snatching" or whatever, but I think those assumptions are reasonable. =)

But really. The doctor says "We (the unscientific union) have estimated that he may be, or could be, in our opinion (unscientific), well; that things seem to be declining and we do not anticipate improvement."

WOW. I saw that on Shrek when Pinocchio was trying to keep his nose from growing...

Then when anyone questions that, it turns into facts just because there is a "reasonable" assumption.

I also unscientifically say it is not reasonable. Not to me. There is always hope. If he doesn't die for 100 years, each day I will do what I can to try and find a cure, pray for him, etc. and my faith is just different that theirs.

I could say almost the exact same thing, leave out the word "not" and rejoice in my perseverance!

Last edited by moderator2; 12-02-2012 at 05:48 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
alzheimer's, alzheimers, aricept, celiac, dementia