It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2013, 06:17 PM   #1
(female)

kane12 HB User
One pupil larger - head pressure, dizzinesshelp!

I've been experiencing head pressure dizziness and nausea for a few years now. Now I'm having bowel issues as well. Recently my vision has been off as well. I see trails and my left pupil is way larger than the right. Could this be a tumor causing all of this? The pressure is all over feels like everything is swollen. My eyes are always dry and burn. Dizziness is crippling. When I stand too quickly I get shaky and my vision goes for about 20 seconds. It's like a tv on a static channel is what I see and I completely lose my most recent thoughts when this happens. I'm scared this could be a tumor. Anyone know these symptoms?

Old 01-16-2013, 07:22 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

noevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB User
Re: One pupil larger- head pressure, dizzinesshelp!

Hi there, don't really like the one pupil larger than the other if it were me I'd make an appt with a neurologist make sure you find one that does surgery just in case. If you've had any tests done take results with you. Plz don't put it off. It could be fluid or something too let us know. Cathy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-16-2013, 07:59 PM   #3
(female)

kane12 HB User

Cathy- thanks so much for the reply....should I see a neurologist? My GP brushes it off although he acknowledges the big difference between pupils. I just worry he's treating effects of something bigger by trying to fix my tummy and ignoring the head symptoms. I'm off all medication at this point because I was thinking it could be related to something I was taking but it's still there with all the symptoms. I really appreciate your reply and will def see a neuro if that's the best route. I'll keep you posted!

Old 01-16-2013, 08:16 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

noevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB User

Yeah I would ask for a mri from a neurosurgeon just to be safe. Cathy

Old 02-01-2013, 02:50 PM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

gmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kane12 View Post
Cathy- thanks so much for the reply....should I see a neurologist? My GP brushes it off although he acknowledges the big difference between pupils. I just worry he's treating effects of something bigger by trying to fix my tummy and ignoring the head symptoms. I'm off all medication at this point because I was thinking it could be related to something I was taking but it's still there with all the symptoms. I really appreciate your reply and will def see a neuro if that's the best route. I'll keep you posted!
Dear kane, I hope that this post finds you better & the dr has found out that you are fine. About your concern about the GP possibly ignoring the unequal pupils, once i overheard one gp in a family practice office say to the other gp that if a patient had a hatchet in the back of his head & was only complaining about a sore throat that he would treat with antibiotics! Since then I have seen signs in some drs offices that say keep to your top two things wrong b/c of time limitations & you will have to be seen for the other things at a later appt. About the symptoms you are having if its not a medication i would see the neurologist or an opthalmologist asap. Opthalmologists can diagnose many diseases & health problems by looking at our eyes like intracranial pressure, how our pupils react with dilating, a dr of opthalmology not a dr of optometry. How is your blood pressure? I just saw your tummy thread & an internal medicine dr, internist would be who i would see for both problems if i were you b/c he can do a neuro & medical exam & order tests, make referrals that is unless i already had a neuro appt, then i would keep it

Last edited by gmak; 02-01-2013 at 03:13 PM. Reason: changed sentence & added about tummy

Closed Thread