It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2013, 11:31 AM   #1
(male)

starwater88 HB User
brain fog, disconnected feeling

hi all,
I have this strange feeling for a long time. I'm having difficulties processing my thinking while engaging in a conversation with someone, and I have to constantly think what the next word should be. I have to read a few lines over and over again to digest the information. I cant remember anything. I mean I will look at simple word or string of numbers and try to copy them and i will get a wrong few time. It seems my eyes and my mind are not connecting, the hardest part is this general feeling of disconnect, like i am under some drug or drunk. I will write a email and I have to proof read like 5 times and I still get the words wrong. Also this strange feeling with my eyes, i will look at something and when I look up or in any other direction, it seems there is a little "jump", not physically jump, more of a mental jump. I have many many more symptoms, but i am not going to flood you with those.... Hope someone here can help me out.

Old 02-14-2013, 08:12 AM   #2
(male)

steenkash HB User
Re: brain fog, disconnected feeling

Quote:
Originally Posted by starwater88 View Post
hi all,
I have this strange feeling for a long time. I'm having difficulties processing my thinking while engaging in a conversation with someone, and I have to constantly think what the next word should be. I have to read a few lines over and over again to digest the information. I cant remember anything. I mean I will look at simple word or string of numbers and try to copy them and i will get a wrong few time. It seems my eyes and my mind are not connecting, the hardest part is this general feeling of disconnect, like i am under some drug or drunk. I will write a email and I have to proof read like 5 times and I still get the words wrong. Also this strange feeling with my eyes, i will look at something and when I look up or in any other direction, it seems there is a little "jump", not physically jump, more of a mental jump. I have many many more symptoms, but i am not going to flood you with those.... Hope someone here can help me out.
Hey I been feeling the same for over a month now, it is the most horrible feeling ever. I can not concentrate on anything. For you does it get worse when there are loads of people near you? Also has it affected your studies, because I been unable to study lately.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-14-2013, 10:10 PM   #3
(female)

labgurl HB User

Do you have any new physical symptoms? Have you noticed anything unusual going on with your skin or scalp? This may sound like an odd line of questioning but bare with me. If not are there any other symptoms that you may have noticed physical or psychological? Does it get worse in certain situations or after eating certain foods or taking certain medications or after doing certain activities? Good luck.

Last edited by moderator2; 02-15-2013 at 04:18 AM.

Old 02-15-2013, 06:05 AM   #4
(male)

starwater88 HB User

labgurl, thanks for the response.. Nothing much with the skin or scalp, except that when I wish my hands, my palm does get kind of red (kind of like patches of red dots), and losing hair slowly, can you be more specific? Recently I have been experiencing upper back discomfort and discomfort at the upper right Abdomen and I am seeing a GI for those at the moment. and certain food does seems to make the abdomen discomfort worst and some medication as well (i am currently taking omeprazole). I do have some neck and lower back herniation, not sure if those may cause it. But the disconnect feel i got started way before the physical discomforts.

Old 02-15-2013, 06:21 AM   #5
(male)

starwater88 HB User

I recently also noticed this jumpy vision, it seems it's happening when I am looking at something that are colorful, like persian carpet or colorful window shade. also, when I look at anything, I noticed things are also jumpy at the corner of my eyes.

Old 02-16-2013, 10:11 PM   #6
(male)

joggies476 HB User

could be like drug allergy, vitamin deficiency, lack of sleep, neuro problem, ADHD, dehydration, or drug side effect, or something else. I had like all of these actually and had really bad brain fog...but luckily it is gone now, but was really hard to figure out everything. For me though it was mostly the drug allergy problem.

Keeping a journal might help pin down the cause but also dr.s can look into things like MS if it doesn't get better. One thing about prilosec is it can cause vitamin deficiency so maybe try a multivitamin?

Feel better man...

Old 02-17-2013, 12:20 AM   #7
(female)

labgurl HB User

Well there are so many causes of brain fog its just unreal. I was just wondering about skin and hair chages and other physical symptoms because you can tell a great deal from the condition of your skin, hair and fingernails as well. Have you been tested for parasites or lyme disease? Lyme disease causes brain fog as do other parasites. However I would tend to think it may be a vitamin or mineral deficiency or maybe your are getting toxins from somewhere water, specific food source, or work environment maybe? Even electrical polution can cause brain fog. But really the list goes on and on. I wish I had a probable cause in mind but there are too few symptoms to lead me in a general direction. Of course I am not a physcian. Have you considered going to a really good naturopathic physcian and getting a liveblood analysis done under a dark field microscope and getting an in depth blood panel done to check everything out? I find that naturopathic physicians are very good diagnosticians if you can find a good experienced one at least. They are more apt to do intense blood testing to find out what deficiencies or toxicities you may have as well as the function of your glands and hormone levels. Also they will test for parasites which are becoming a very common undiagnosed issue in North America.

Old 02-21-2013, 05:55 AM   #8
(male)

starwater88 HB User

Thanks all for your responses. I am currently getting tests done and hopefully (well, I don't really think that will happen) they can find the answer. Lets put it this way, you don't know how bad it feels, until your are the one. My family members think I am crazy and they don't want to hear any of it and I have to put on a smiling face even when I got all those symptoms. I always think of the "Medical bed" in Star Trek, where they scan you and you get your answer .

Closed Thread