It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2013, 06:07 PM   #1
(male)

Fluffzilla HB User
Could I have a seizure in my sleep?

Last night I was having a normal dream where I was just hanging out with my friends, but once we started eating I got a weird feeling and as I was lifting a spoon to my mouth I just started convulsing. It wasn't like flailing around it was like trembling REALLY bad, and i couldnt move my body. and It lasted for about five minutes wich is longer than a lot of my dreams. I suddenly appeared at my front door in my dream and then woke up and I was really scared and sweaty.

I really wouldn't have given this ant attention but about two months ago I was hit by a car where I rolled up on the hood and broke the windshield with my head, then I blacked out but I was told that when I rolled off I hit my head really hard again and that's when I chipped my teeth. After I rolled of I had a seizure for like 5 minutes and was unconscious for 15.

I'm 16 and a half for the record. And I was taken to the hospital and got an MRI and all that, but they said I'd have to have a checkup with a doctor to make sure I wouldn't be having more seizures but I never went.

Last night while I was watching fmab my legs went numb and my face did too and I couldn't really think straight and noone was home so I was kind off scared. This lasted awhile an I've had the feeling alot of times since I got hit but this one was stronger and along with the dream its kind of freaky. And when it happened I just kept thinking if the word bumblebee for no reason, and it would be sounded out really slow in my head.

I've also been having weird feelings like I can't think straight and I've been noticing staring an feeling detached lately. I've been feeling this today to and my depth perception is a little off While My limbs and face are getting heavy and mumbish for like 10 Minutes at a time, I can still function though and it's been happening while I write some of this but could this be leading up to a seizure?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-29-2013, 09:23 AM   #2
(female)

CoffyDrinker711 HB User
Re: Could I have a seizure in my sleep?

Talk to your parents about this and go to a neurologist and get worked up for a seizure disorder. Many people end up with seizures after a head injury- I did- (seizures can be mild or strong so don't worry). Just don't worry about it because you'll make yourself worse.

Cheers and Blessings
Coffy

Old 10-12-2013, 12:37 PM   #3
(female)

bonnieparker13 HB User
Re: Could I have a seizure in my sleep?

GET AN APPOINTMENT WITH A NEUROLOGIST AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. Talk to your parents about your concerns. If you are currently driving a car, you should stop immediately until your condition is correctly diagnosed.

Reply Reply

Tags
seizure