It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2013, 09:27 PM   #1
(female)

browrhon HB User
Dizziness on right side of head

For the last 6-7 months I have been feeling dizzy on the right side of my brain. I feel my right eye isn't working right. I get weird tingling sensations on my scalp. Sometimes it feels like something is pressing on my scalp and back of my head. I have had a MRI that came back clear. I had a CT scan of my neck because my neck on the right side gets tight. The only thing they saw was my jugular vein was a little bigger than the left side. I was assured by my neurologist that it wasn't anything to worry about. I have been to an ophthemologist and had my eyes checked--everything looked fine. I was diagnosed with insulin resistance and I have been on metfomin and b12 injections for 2 months now. But I really don't beleive my symptoms are related with that. My neurologist doesn't think it is neurological--so what would be causing all these weird head symptoms? I am at a loss as to what to do next. Any suggestions or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-05-2013, 09:04 AM   #2
(female)

IrishScot HB User
Re: Dizziness on right side of head

Hi,

I don't know if this is relevant or not. I've had symptoms like yours for a few years - something just felt 'off' on the right side of my head, behind my eye. Eye tests came back clear and the doc put it down to migraine. I've since learned migraines don't have to be painful. last year I had a sudden dizzy spell then nothing for a few months until this year when I came down with viral labyrinthitis. I actually wonder if this is what I've been building to the past few years. Ive just started meds for BPPV which I notice are also prescribed for anxiety so I'm taking them for a while even when I'm not dizzy to see if they help. I think my anxiety levels have built up without me noticing. Don't know if any of this is helpful at all for you, but you may want to ask yourself if it could be ear related. Wishing you all the best.

The Following User Says Thank You to IrishScot For This Useful Post:
browrhon (08-05-2013)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-06-2013, 07:57 PM   #3
(female)

dpain13 HB User
Re: Dizziness on right side of head

I too have suddenly developed prickling/tingling sensation all over my scalp and crazy dizzy spells. Mine started one month after having eye surgery in December 2012 to correct double vision. I no longer have double vision but I feel like my vision is off, it's clear but it feels like things are moving and jumping sometimes. I have had a CT (clear), I have seen several optometrists, an ophthalmologist and a neurologist and no one can find anything wrong or give me an answer. It is more than just annoying, it is actually painful. My doctor started me on Lyrica in June 2013 and it was helping with the prickling a bit but 2 weeks ago it came back full force along with the dizziness and the stabbing knife in the top of my head which has been there since January 2013. My doctor upped my Lyrica dosage but how long will that last, I can't stay on it forever or keep upping the dose. I am going crazy and cannot continue like this. I am desperate for an answer and solution. Please, please someone help me.

Reply Reply