It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain Tumors Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2004, 07:54 PM   #1
(female)

StupidFool HB User
What are the odds of getting a brain tumor if...

Hi people. I appreciate any help. I've been feeling kinda off balance when I walk for the past week and I've been feeling kinda dizzy and nausious. My doc told me it might be virtego. I am scared it can be a tumor. Any chances of that?

Old 02-22-2004, 04:14 AM   #2

Natasha1981 HB User
Re: What are the odds of getting a brain tumor if...

Quote:
Originally Posted by StupidFool
Hi people. I appreciate any help. I've been feeling kinda off balance when I walk for the past week and I've been feeling kinda dizzy and nausious. My doc told me it might be virtego. I am scared it can be a tumor. Any chances of that?
Of course, there's a chance for any single person to have a tumor. But it doesn't necessarly sound like a tumor to me. It could be migraine, chronic fatigue, anxiety, etc,. Try some gravol, it works for me.

Last edited by Natasha1981; 02-22-2004 at 04:15 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-04-2004, 05:10 PM   #3

dizzykim00 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by StupidFool

Is there any way you can get your doctor to order an MRI for you? That would rule out the tumor. Sounds like an inner ear problem to me.

Kim

Old 05-11-2004, 07:49 PM   #4

intrepid fool HB User

Here's a small gift for You a copied page on brain tumor symptoms. Do Your self a favor and get an MRI done (via a Neurologist).:

"Symptoms of Brain Tumors

The symptoms of brain tumors depend mainly on their size and their location in the brain. Symptoms are caused by damage to vital tissue and by pressure on the brain as the tumor grows within the limited space in the skull They also may be caused by swelling and a buildup of fluid around the tumor, a condition called edema. Symptoms may also be due to hydrocephalus, which occurs when the tumor blocks the flow of cerebrospinal fluid and causes it to build up in the ventricles. If a brain tumor grows very slowly, its symptoms may appear so gradually that they are overlooked for a long time.

The most frequent symptoms of brain tumors include:

Headaches that tend to be worse in the morning and ease during the day,
Seizures (convulsions),
Nausea or vomiting ,
Weakness or loss of feeling in the arms or legs,
Stumbling or lack of coordination in walking (ataxic gait),
Abnormal eye movements or changes in vision,
Drowsiness,
Changes in personality or memory, and
Changes in speech

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

© 2004 Department of Neurosurgery, University of Pittsburgh"

Andi

Closed Thread