It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain Tumors Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2004, 04:22 PM   #1
(male)

Walty10 HB User
Can a bloodtest show a brain tumor?

I have been very worried lately that I have a brain tumor, although I had half of an MRI, I had to get out early because I had a panic attack. The doctors said they found nothing but stuffy sinuses and didnt say i needed another one. They did not however use the contrasting dye or anything like that. I also had a blood test which came back normal.

Would a blood test show brain cancer or a brain tumor?

Should I ask for another MRI or can I be completely sure that I am fine?

Old 11-03-2004, 09:28 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

lillypad HB User
Re: Can a bloodtest show a brain tumor?

There are some bloodtests that show cancer markers, however for brains, the best test is the MRI with/without contrast.

Are you going to have it completed?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-04-2004, 04:56 PM   #3
(male)

Walty10 HB User

No well they are expensive and supposedly 3 doctors looked at my scans and all they found is that I had full sinuses so they put me on some antibiotics. I know a radiologist looked at it also. Ive been bugging my mum about this alot because im scared that they may have missed something due to it not being complete. SHe keeps telling me that if they had any doubt that there might still be something there at all they would have me come in for another one. What do you think? Do you think I should go in for another one??

Old 11-18-2004, 07:29 AM   #4

jane777 HB User

walty10 what are your symptoms? why do you think you have a brain tumor? also a blood test would not tell you if you had a brain tumor, only a scan will,my son was nine when we were told, and only when he had a scan, for seven months he was under the doc, and had blood test but came back clear,i think your mum is right if they thought it was a brain tumor they would get you back in, and if it is you sinuses that can be very painful, bad head all the time, feeling sick too, but if you are worried talk to your doc see if he thinks you should have the MRI again, and ask if this time they can put you to sleep while they do it, good luck

Old 11-19-2004, 10:30 PM   #5
(male)

ThrowThemBonez HB User

So what triggerd u to feel like u had a brain tomour?..u said u had a panic attack while takin the MRI, if you've suffered from anxiety/panic disorder its not uncommon to feel like 'somthings wrong with me'..just letting u know, because ive gone through it before.

do u have a history of panic/ or anxiety?

Closed Thread