It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain Tumors Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2007, 09:26 AM   #1
(female)

jptalcott HB User
vision/hearing problems - brain tumor?

I've been having really weird symptoms lately that have caused me to think I have a brain tumor.

A couple of months ago, I was breaking out into hives and feeling nauseous. In the middle of the night, I woke up shaking and I couldn't breathe. I went to a doctor who said I had anxiety. This seemed reasonable at the time, but now I have weirder problems and I thought my anxiety was under control!

First I developed a ringing in my left ear, which then moved to the right ear and then to the middle. Also, objects in my vision will appear like they are shaking when they are not. I went to an eye doctor who did a full retinal exam, and said the jumpy/wavy vision was called "oscillopsia." He didn't really give an explanation, but said it should go away and it hasn't!

I've been getting headaches, too, that get worse as the day go on and don't seem to be constant in their location...

Is this anxiety, some other physical problem, or could I have a brain tumor? Please help!

Old 07-06-2007, 08:53 AM   #2
(male)

mironUK HB User
Re: vision/hearing problems - brain tumor?

Hi,

You may have an inner ear problem. There is a very good Inner Ear Disorders forum on this board so I suggest you look through it. And, of course, your anxiety just makes your symptoms worse.

I also think you need to see a neurologist and have some tests done.

Alex.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-08-2007, 05:54 PM   #3
(female)

jilly84 HB User

this sounds like something definely nerological. i had all these symptoms with lymes disease. go to the post on lymes maybe someone can help you there.

Old 07-08-2007, 05:56 PM   #4
(female)

jilly84 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilly84 View Post
this sounds like something definely nerological. i had all these symptoms with lymes disease. go to the post on lymes maybe someone can help you there.

Old 08-31-2007, 12:49 PM   #5
(male)

ronmck111 HB User

go see a neurologist and get an mri. Chances are your symptoms are caused by something else but my brain tumor was caught early because changes in my vision prompted my doctor to get me a mri.

Closed Thread