It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain Tumors Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2008, 07:09 PM   #1
(male)

snakeyes HB User
possible cancer/brain tumor symptoms..

am noticing a deteriorating health in a family member and was wondering if anyone knows if these symptoms appear to be directed toward any particular diagnosis.. my best guess based on my limited research is brain cancer/tumor that may have spread to the lungs..

Symptoms:
1. Dry Coughing during times of rest
2. Extreme fatigue/restlessness with random sleep cycles
3. migraines that seem to be occurring more frequently and w/more intensity which cause a tilting of the head slightly to the left-side (described as throbbing pain from usually one side of the back of the ear/head and back of head/neck)
4. throbbing pain as if coming from behind the right eyeball (applying pressure on the right eyelid/eyeball momentarily relieves some of the migraine pain)

open to any prognosis? suggestions?

this person has had bad experiences in the past with doctor visits so any suggestions to get a screening should be ruled out..

thanks in advanced!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-22-2008, 11:25 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

hillaryb HB User
Re: possible cancer/brain tumor symptoms..

Try not to do too much online research. Brian tumors show up for every possible symptom. This person needs to get to the doctor-period. But I wouldnt be so hasty as to suggest a brain tumor.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-22-2008, 11:52 AM   #3
(male)

geezgeez HB User
Re: possible cancer/brain tumor symptoms..

"any suggestions for a screening should be ruled out".

Well firstly if this person has a brain tumour then unless they get to the doctor they will die.

But again it could be many other things than what you originally suggested such as a brain tumour.

Cancer in the brain very rarely spreads to other organs in the body, but it can be the other way round. Where cancer from another organ in the body spreads to the brain.

Without knowing more about the person it is impossible for a proper diagnosis to be made.

You must emphasise how important for it is for this person to get to a doctor.

Old 05-30-2008, 02:35 AM   #4
(female)

chelle1980 HB User
Post Re: possible cancer/brain tumor symptoms..

hi there,

my brother, although only 30, had similar symptoms.
he was getting severe headaches, migraines, and 'pressure' behind left eye. as like you, as a family, we all thought the worst. he had a ct scan which showed a grey area on the brain, and then a MRI. it turned out to be a polyp in his sinus. he had this removed, and 6 weeks on is fit as ever. biopsy results all clear!!

i know this might have no bearing on what your relative has, but thought it mite reassure you that not all symptoms lead to cancer. i know it's easier said than done, but just stay positive, and keep motivated.

I'd like to also add that my brother was battling bacterial meningitis at same time as they found polyp, so if he can do all that, then I'm sure many others will

Closed Thread