It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain Tumors Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2010, 09:11 AM   #151
(female)

LHOPE27 HB User
Re: Brain fog, dizziness, fullness in ears, pressure behind eyes, things moving: Base

Hello all,

I have been dealing with inner ear isssues for a while as well and can really relate to all of your symptoms regardless of the inner ear diagnosis. Mine happened after a viral infection.

I just wanted to add that when it comes to the inner ear it is really heard to diganose what exactly is the real issue going on. For instance... if the inner ear is affected we get dizzy, balance problems etc. BUTTHE IMPRTANT THING TO REMEMBER IS THAT A WHOLE OST OF SECONDARY SYMPTOMS CAN ARISE FROM THAT. sUCH AS... THE BRAIN FOG, MENTAL FATIGUE, ANXIETY, TREMOR LIKE FEELINGS, VISUAL GAZE PROBLEMS, EYES JUMPY, STIFFNESS AND SOARNESS IN THE NECK, HEAD, AND EARS.

All those secondary spin out affect symtoms are very very common with iner ear dysfunction regardless of the diagnosis. To explain.. our balance system is comrpised of balance sensors in the brain. inner ear, eyes and base of neck. All of those components allow us to keep our balance system in baalance. When one is off then the other sensors are off hence the stiffening in the neck and shoulders to compensate.

For anyone who hasn;t read the book, :The BRain THat Changes ITself". read it especially the first chapter. There is a device called the brain port that isn't yet FDA approves in the states yet that is helping people with vestibular dysfunction retrain the brain to recreate balance where traditional vestibular excercises haven't worked or someone has platued on them.

Never give up hope and just realize that all these secondary symptoms are common with inner ear dysfunction. Hopefull soon we will be able to benefit from the brain port device!

Good LUck to everyone!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-07-2010, 04:22 AM   #152
(female)

Peyjad HB User
Re: Brain fog, dizziness, fullness in ears, pressure behind eyes, things moving: Base

Hi bcb

I too was told I had labs after a 3 week bout of strange sx's (VERY similar to alot of sx's posted here) in 2008. Symptoms acted up again in 2009 and I was told it was stress & low vit d. I was tested for Lyme in Nov. 2009 and mine too was negative. I had suspected Lyme though before and posted on a Lyme website.

I found an LLMD and you guessed it, I have Lyme and babesia. I only recall a deer tick in 2001, unfortunately when I was pregnant win my first child and yes, he has it too.

I am assuming my youngest has it too since she had her appt last month and we didn't get a call to cancel it if the test came back negative. Hubby is next to get tested.

I have been on abx since January and am 90% better. The sx's my son HAD, are gone, YEA!, since he started abx over 2 months ago. (apparently kids get rid of it easier thank GOD)

I guess now I have to get myself to 100% and start my daughter on abx. BTW, my daughter has special needs and seizures so we are thinking it's all related.

Good luck too you with your tx!

Old 05-07-2010, 06:43 PM   #153
(male)

ashes123 HB User

Pam, What was your dx? and what meds are you taking? I have all the symptoms as described above going on week 4!!

Closed Thread