It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain Tumors Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2009, 01:42 AM   #31
(female)

justkimm HB User
Re: Brain fog, dizziness, fullness in ears, pressure behind eyes, things moving: Base

I can just about say EXACTLY that everything you mentioned symptoms etc.. I am in that same world only thing is I have never cared to much for smoking weed but since I have found that that is EXACTLY the one "natural herb/remedy" that seems to be what makes me feel better over and above any pill (6 different ones) that i have yet to take...
I truly believe that although it may not cure this VERTIGO stuff but it does take alot of worry and anxiety out of my everyday simple things that are not so simple anymore.... I only wish others would try to understand a little bit more... I have found it to be so hard for family members/boyfriend to take the time to really read about it.... I dont know what to do anymore.... "loosing hope. cant cope" (earlier post title sept 08) kim

Old 02-07-2009, 11:59 AM   #32
Veteran
(male)

Exegesis HB UserExegesis HB User
Re: Brain fog, dizziness, fullness in ears, pressure behind eyes, things moving: Base

Greetings,

I wrote this on January 16th, 2007 for an ENT I was going to so that I would be prepared. I have changed it a bit where I thought it was necessary.

The first recollection of any problem in this regard would probably have been in mid to late 1993 at the age of 28. I was working at an apartment complex as a maintenance man. One of the duties was to take rolling dumpsters down to the trash compactor. While I was standing next to one of the dumpsters, I became aware of the dumpster moving past my left side quite rapidly. I also had the sensation that my head was dropping forward, as if to look at my feet. After what could have been only a split second, I realized that it was an illusion. Either I was going to pass out, or I experienced a case of true vertigo.

After this experience, I can recall no other until late 1997/early 1998. At this time, rather than a specific incident of dizziness/vertigo, I rather experienced what could be best described as a light-headed, spacey or detached feeling, similar to the kind of feeling you get when suffering a serious cold, or under the influence of medication of some sort. This feeling continued for some months and troubled me as my father had Multiple Sclerosis.

I checked out a book from the library entitled “Feeling Dizzy” by Brian W. Blakley and Mary-Ellen Siegel. After reading this book I realized that my symptom could be the result of many and varied factors. I eventually was diagnosed by my PCP as having Benign Positional Vertigo. Whether or not this is or was an accurate diagnosis I am not sure. From my reading (which, unfortunately has been extensive) I did/do not seem to fit the profile as my dizziness is never sudden or overwhelming.

After about a year, this episode stopped as unexpectedly as it began. I can recall one day simply realizing, “Hey, I feel normal again.”

Between late 1998/early 1999 until about 2001, I had experienced tinnitus. The tinnitus was sometimes a buzzing and occasionally a ringing, but usually it manifested itself in a bizarre fashion. I would notice that while talking on the phone, voices in my left ear sounded warped or distorted somewhat, something like a synthesized sound or like what one would hear on television when the person talking is having their identity concealed. This seemed particularly true when the voice was female.

I also noticed that the sound of the dial tone in my left ear was a full note lower than in my right. These episodes continued on and off for varying lengths, ranging anywhere from a few days or a week, to several months, stopping as suddenly as they started. Sometimes I would get the spacey feeling with the tinnitus, sometimes not. After early 2001 the symptoms stopped. During this period I went to have my hearing checked and was told by the doctor that my hearing was perfect.

In January 2005, I went through a period of daily nausea. I can't remember if I had a tetanus shot just before, or just after this. I believe it was a few weeks before. The nausea would come and go, and did not seem to be affected by eating or not eating. As I was due to turn 40 that year, I decided to go for a physical and to ask my doctor about the nausea. I was diagnosed with high blood pressure and my doctor thought that possibly the nausea was a symptom of an ulcer. Ultimately the ulcer diagnosis was discounted. The nausea stopped after a month.

Approximately one or two months into my hypertension treatment (via Lisinopril) I noticed the same light-headed, spacey, dizzy feeling that I had had years earlier. After numerous visits to my doctor, it was decided to discontinue the Lisinopril. The “dizzy” feeling continued, and remains to this day.

In late 2005 I went to an ENT. Again my hearing was tested and I was told that I had the hearing of a 21 year old. The ENT didn’t think I had anything wrong with my ears, ordered a sinus scan, and said one of my sinuses was a little plugged, but not serious enough to cause problems. He referred me to a Neurologist.

I then had an appointment with the Neurologist. She ordered an MRI to check for MS. The MRI was clear.

I am without diagnosis. This condition has dogged me for years. I take no joy in what I used to; reading; learning; creativity. I have been robbed of these pleasures. I feel as though I am not here; disconnected. At best I feel “okay” first thing in the morning. This soon ends after a half hour. My feelings of spaciness are 24/7. At its worst, I feel light-headed and dizzy as if I am going to pass out. At its best, I feel as though I am not present, as though I am viewing life through someone else’s eyes.

Other symptoms I have that may or may not be related to this condition are as follows:

Fatigue, feeling as though I am not refreshed after a night’s sleep; had a sleep study, not apnea.

Frequent PVC’s or other heart palpitations. These come on regardless of the circumstances. I may be at rest, or I may be at work. There doesn’t seem to be anything that is consistent, although I do sometimes notice them more intensely after I eat. I have had a stress echo test which came back as normal. PVC's and anxiety run in my family.

Feeling as though my mental acuity is lessened, ie. I am unable to focus or concentrate, as though my ability to “multi-task” is no longer there; my memory is nowhere as it used to be. Though I am fairly sharp, I feel as though my IQ has had about 50 points knocked off of it.

Also have had times of the cranial pressure mentioned in other posts here.

I have alot of "floaters", black ones in my field of vision. I'll have to check for the "gas fumes" thing mentioned earlier.

After all this time and thousands of dollars (I only had insurance for a brief time during all of this) there is no diagnosis.

One curious addition; I did have chicken pox as an adult at age 22. Whether or not this is significant, who knows. I did not take Accutane, but between 16 and 18 years of age I was on whatever antibiotic they prescribe for acne. The only reason I took it was that it took care of a follicle infection that kept coming back. When I was in my 30s, I found I could control this by keeping my head shaved. Glad it's an "in" look right now.

Regards, Brenden.

Last edited by Exegesis; 02-07-2009 at 12:03 PM. Reason: addition

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-08-2009, 07:38 PM   #33
Senior Veteran
(male)

friendsville HB User

I don't know how you can tolerate this condition.You have my total empathy,and my fervant prayers.I have spent the past week,sitting in a recliner,for a few days,unable to go ten feet without getting dizzy and racing back to my chair before I went down.I have been depressed over this,and am bewildered to have this disability.It started last May,and was sporadic every three weeks or so.This most recent episode has improved the last couple of days.Tinnitis has been stronger this past week,and is only in one ear.
A couple of months ago,I had some exercises at our hospital for inner ear.They helped on and off(now done at home),byut I gave them up this week because of my dizziness!
I pray that I will be able to go out tomorrow(as a passenger)to get a hamburg,perhaps
I am a senior,and have had several years in as a clerk at our hospital.Recently I was a driver for a non profit until mt dizzy problem. Bill

Old 02-08-2009, 09:17 PM   #34
Veteran
(male)

Hi Bill,

Have you had a diagnosis yet? It sounds like BPPV. My mother has/had that. It can be managed if you do the head exercises, but they will make you feel worse in the short term.

Regards, Brenden.

Old 02-09-2009, 06:42 PM   #35
Senior Veteran
(male)

friendsville HB User

Thank you Brenden...I will look up BPPV,and do appreciate it,so much.My regards to your Mother.

Old 02-11-2009, 07:44 PM   #36
Veteran
(male)

No problem. Good luck to you.

Regards, Brenden.

Old 02-14-2009, 01:00 AM   #37
(female)

desert spinner HB User

Hi everyone new to the site. Have had bppv for 3 years now. Have been sleeping in a recliner for 3 years. First episode was waking one morning to the room spinning, double vision. Haven't slept lying down since that day. Had all of the tests mri, ct scan all clear. Sent to ent he said bppv and sent me on my way. I did have sinus surgery on right side.(the ent said he didn't think i needed the surgery, he didn't believe me when i told him all the infection from my sinus that constantly ran down my throat, that i can taste all the time. Guess what when he did the surgery found infection and cleaned it out. Wish he would have done the left side also.) this was post bppv. I've tried the exercises at home, but the vertigo is so bad i have to sit back up. I have had migraines since i was 12, but the bppv didn't start until age 36. I have also been to two neurologists and a $500.Oo per visit migraine expert dr. Kudrow in la. Nothing good came from seeing him. Every morning when i wake up i have wet oily stuff in both ears. I stick my pinky in and it comes out wet. Has anyone else had this? Also i noticied that someone else posted about the dizziness being worse before your period. This happens to me every month. My right ear is the bad side can deal better with the left, but have problems with both. Does anyone else have chronic sinus infections and have bppv? My neck also hurts on the right side and pops in and out. Can't go to chiro because i can't lay down. Have had mri of neck and it was clear. I also get pressure behind my eyes like someone posted. I squeeze my eyelid together from side to side and it seems like air pressure comes out. I know that sounds weird. I miss sleeping in a bed and not being able to get my hair colored because i can't lay back in their sinks to rinse my hair. Sorry to vent on everyone, it's hard when your friends and family don't understand what it's like to go through this. They don't get how dizzy i get. I don't get episodes of it like some people have posted, this is an everyday event in my life, there has not been one day in the past three years that i have not had a spell at sometime during the day. I live alone and don't even try to date anymore because who would understand if you were kissing them and turned your head the wrong way and had a horrilbe dizzy spell. Well thanks everyone for listening and if anyone has any answers to the questions i've asked, i'd love to hear from you.

Last edited by moderator2; 02-14-2009 at 06:07 AM. Reason: please do not post your email address on the public forums - instead, use private messaging in your profile

Old 02-14-2009, 11:53 AM   #38
Inactive
(male)

cubensis HB User

Hi all. This is my first post here. Was googling ear pressure and brain fog, came across this thread.

My symptoms most closely resemble Krahon's.

Throughout my entire life I have had what feels like an imploding head ... ears are sucked in + tinnitus, pressure in sinuses and temples + jaw line, constant brain fog. When I was a kid, I used to try to do the valsava maneuver and hold it as long as possible to catch some brief reprieve.

I was treated for ear infections as a kid, but I had no family doctor growing up and the problem was never really addressed. I feel a strong social disconnection when dealing with people in person ... as if I'm slower and not present in the same capacity.

As a teen I became suicidally depressed. I have always been distracted by the condition, but over time I have become miserable and find it difficult to take pleasure in life because of the condition.

I took Accutane for a while but I can't remember if it had any impact on things. I later took Effexor. And after that Klonopin. I can't say that any of the meds had a great impact on the condition ... i think klonopin helped the most in that my tinnitus and head aches were less noticeable.

Recently I saw several ENT's and had an CT scan done on my head, also internal scope of ears/nose/throat. I was prescribed Nasonex and beyond that they told me that nothing appears to be out of order.

I also saw a dentist and oral surgeon regarding a edge on edge bite, but they said it wasn't serious and recommended a night guard (which has done nothing so far).

I have self medicated with Tramadol, Morphine, and various stimulants and other psychoactives. So far the Tramadol provides the most relief, as it allows me to concentrate on reading for long periods of time and shift my focus from the fixation on the condition. I find that stimulants help to 'clear my head', and are good for social interactions where the energy level is high.

As an unemployed adult hoping to go back to school, I'd really like to get this sorted out and make something out of the rest of my life ... but so far I haven't had much to go on.

Last edited by cubensis; 02-14-2009 at 11:58 AM.

Old 02-15-2009, 04:45 AM   #39
Senior Veteran
(female)

Wowwwweeee HB User
Smile Re: Brain fog, dizziness, fullness in ears, pressure behind eyes, things moving: Base

Hi krahon,

I rarely post on here too much anymore, but I there was a time I was very familiar on the boards. I continue to lurk a lot though. I have an older user name (Wowwweee) also. If you do a search on my older and current user name, you will find that we (and many other posters) have a lot in common as it relates to what we deal with.

I read your post with interest and, because like you (and so many), I have been dealing with my “head symptoms” – some of which seem quite bizarre - for quite a long time. For me, it will be sixteen years this coming April. What an anniversary to remember and keep track of.

I have symptoms on some level almost every day, and more symptoms than what you have listed.

I'm not sure how much you know about MAV - so apologies if parts of my reply are redundant. Here are some of my thoughts.

You mentioned that MAV “…is the diagnosis for our symptoms when the doctors can't ‘find’ anything ‘wrong’.” I will disagree with you! MAV is a neurological condition that is NOT diagnosable using the same kinds of testing that are used to define other types of vertiginous/dizzy conditions. True, there are physicians who may tell a person that they have MAV without truly knowing if that is the causes of symptoms or not (there will always be doctors out there who do that), but it does exist.

MAV cannot be diagnosed by MRI, CAT scan, blood test and the like. MAV is a “ruling out” diagnosis. This means that first, causes of vertigo/dizziness are usually investigated via avenues that are known to cause the symptoms by visual and medical testing. Example: depending upon the symptoms, doctors look at things like ear/sinus infections or head trauma, and/or test for brain tumors, MS, anemia, cardiac problems, etc. The best test to determine whether it is MAV is (for men and women) trialing medications used to treat it and (for women) if their symptoms increase around their menstrual cycle.

Most people equate the word “migraine” with “headache”. But actually, “migraine” means “poor blood flow”. MAV is a condition where the blood vessels and arteries in the brain (usually in the base of the brain) constrict and go into spasm. This constriction/spasming restricts blood flow, resulting in symptoms that can increase or ebb and flow, depending on the where the constriction/spasm is, the severity of the event, and how long it lasts.

You don’t have to have headaches to deal with symptoms of MAV. That’s where the “Associated Vertigo” part comes in. And the vertigo can be anything from “the spins” to just a vague feeling of imbalance, to motion intolerance, to feeling like parts of you are moving when they aren’t. And THESE symptoms can be relentless, can come and go, increase, or be different – depending upon what is constricting/spasming, the severity of the event, and for how long.

And, there are all types of migraines (poor blood flow) conditions. A person cal have Abdominal Migraine. That certainly isn’t a headache in your stomach!

MAV is not curable. It is what it is. Medications can keep it in check – when your symptoms go away because you find the right medication to help you, this doesn’t mean that condition is cured. It just means you have found the right medication that works for your symptoms to prevent them from increasing and limiting your life. Symptoms don’t have to be constant OR infrequent for you to be affected and bothered by them.

I found the list of your symptoms interesting, because I deal with them all, also. Some days not all at once.

The fact that you feel less dizzy and more imbalanced after all these years, I would think, is the fact that you have compensated to a degree after dealing with symptoms for so long. I believe that most people will naturally compensate to a degree (depending upon what they really are dealing with), as well as emotionally compensate – meaning become more used to the feelings and sensations associated with vertigo/imbalance. For me, I feel that I have compensated as much as I am going to, without any further medical or pharmacological assistance.

I also deal with sore “inner ears”. However, that, in part, as well as my neck aches, I can attribute to the way I have become used to holding myself and my head to keep from “spinning” or feeling less off-balance. Over the years, although I may not notice the extreme tightness in my neck as much, between holding myself in certain ways (and this includes how I sleep), my neck and Trapezoid muscles have become extremely tight (think baseballs). The tightness carries up into my neck – causing those muscles deep around the ear to become super-tight. It is actually THIS tightness pain that I am feeling, NOT inner ear pain. The tightness can get so extreme that I feel sometimes I am dealing with inner ear-aches, but I am not.

The shaking that you reference is not the type that you feel in the pit of your stomach when you are scared – I don’ t think some people get that. I believe that most people who deal with vertigo/imbalance deal with this awkward symptom; I think it's the body's way of trying to stabilize when the equilibrium is off. Being "off" has a ripple effect - so it affects all motor functioning, including the way we move in simple ways. It doesn’t hurt, but it is annoying. I have this increase when my balance is really off – as a result, I feel like I am doing everything in small jerks rather than in fluid movements. It also causes me to walk like Frankenstein when my symptoms increase. This is like a side-effect of increased head symptoms for me.

It would have been great if someone would have told me early on that most people who develop imbalance issues also develop some level of an anxiety disorder. For me, I found that my “head symptoms” turned into two issues. The physical symptoms, and the anxiety problem. There have been times when I don’t know what has the stronger hold over me – my physical symptoms and the limitations from them, or the anxiety and the limitations from that.

Honestly, you start to have to deal with BOTH – it can be overwhelming. My advice on that is to get yourself some counseling to deal with the anxiety that is caused from dealing with your physical condition. Getting better control over your anxiety (and depression, which is also common when you become so limited dealing with something so chronic) makes a WORLD of difference. It’s easier to cope with what you have to physically, when you are feeling stronger and less afraid emotionally.

My tinnitus will increase if I have inner ear congestion (leading to “the spins”). My symptoms obviously increase whenever this happens. So, if my ears increase in ringing, so will my symptoms increase. When I get that bad, I will usually have my ears checked out by my doctor, to make sure that either I am dealing with inner ear congestion or I am not. For those people who are not sensitive to imbalance issues, inner ear congestion might not impact them as much. For me however, this can impact me greatly, obviously.

Your weakness and achy-ness might be the result of not being as active as you once were. I have that as well. I am certainly not as active as I used to be because I am too off-balance much of the time. However, you can do stretching, which may help with these two issues. Stretching over time can produce tone and it keeps your muscles moving and limber, even when you can’t do too much else. Try to stretch all muscle groups at least twice a day. Spend a good half-hour devoted to yourself in this manner. It’s important to keep your muscles moving, even when you can’t. Stretching is a good way to take care of this, and yourself.

Also, check your diet. Make sure you are eating healthy even though I know when you are dizzy, etc., it’s easier just to grab what’s around. A multi-vitamin also can help keep you healthy if your eating habits are poor due to whatever reason.

I have all the vision issues that you mention, and some you do not. The “cell like worms” that you mention are just a variation of eye floaters, and are harmless. You mention you get “green stuff” – do you mean green pus, or are you seeing colors? Seeing colors is related to migraine auras and is harmless but can be annoying if the colors are constant. Green pus is something you should speak with your doctor about.

And, not to minimize what you are dealing with, however, here are some other things that you may want to know:

Low blood pressure can add to “head symptoms”. Things that lower blood pressure are digestion, hot temperatures, and dark chocolate to name a few. It is recommended that you eat more meals with smaller portions, than eat three large meals per day; take luke-warm showers/baths rather than hot ones; and eat dark chocolate (if you do) in moderation.

Dehydration plays a large part in adding to feelings of weakness and dizziness. This doesn’t mean that you have to drink eight glasses of water per day, but a few good-sized glasses of something healthy, like water, Gatorade, or watered fruit juice is a healthy habit.

Drinking too fast makes you hold your breath. The more you hold your breath, the dizzier you might feel. Drink slow.

Anemia can add to feelings of dizziness and weakness. Most people think anemia just applies to women in terms of blood loss related to menstrual cycles, but men can have this also. It’s a simple blood test.

It’s also good to get tested for thyroid problems, and Hepatitis A.

Get a cardiologic (heart) check-up. Some sensations of vertigo are caused by underlying heart problems.

Get an thorough eye examination.

Stay away from alcohol, caffeine, MSG, refined sugars (those found in cakes and iced tea mixes).

Chronis Tension Headaches can produce the same types of symptoms that mimic MAV. For the longest time I was diagnosed with MAV. My new neurologist feels that I may be dealing with Chronic Tension Headaches coupled with some Dystonia in my neck. Dystonia is a ‘muscle tightening’ condition that can be quite severe in some people.

Don’t self-medicate. For me, I take 1 teaspoon of Children’s Liquid Cherry Flavored Benedryl mixed with 2 plan 500 mg aspirin. This isn’t recommended for many people, but works well for me to take the edge of the worst of my symptoms. Always ask your doctor before you try something that someone else recommends.

Also, I will put a small piece of cotton in each ear when my symptoms are really bad. This helps the inside of my head feel more “balanced”.

Sometimes, unfortunately, some things are what they are. There are many conditions that go undiagnosed, and/or your symptoms may be just part of your genetic make-up. Vertigo can be one of the easiest OR hardest things to diagnose, depending on what you are dealing with. At some point, a decision is made to treat the symptoms rather than find the root cause because honestly, for many people, a true cause cannot be found. And, as you are aware, vertigo is a symptom of something else. So, our symptoms mean that something is going on, and for many of us, that may mean continuing to wait until additional symptoms present themselves so THEY can also be investigated and added to our list until possibly something is found for the reason for them. For some people, this can mean a long wait until something else pops up that points us and our doctors in a new or better direction.

And yes, it’s awful. Just writing that does not convey how much my life has changed because of what I have to deal with on a daily basis. I could scream it in CAPS, and still someone else would not know how low I have been and continue to be at times. Some days I feel it is a slow, miserable death.

I hope you found something helpful in my reply. Wishing you the best.

Last edited by Wowwwweeee; 02-15-2009 at 09:27 AM.

Old 02-15-2009, 05:10 AM   #40
Senior Veteran
(female)

Wowwwweeee HB User
Smile Re: Brain fog, dizziness, fullness in ears, pressure behind eyes, things moving: Base

Hi Desert Spinner,

Welcome to the Boards.

FYI that I have symptoms every day on some level.

I also cannot lie flat – you are not alone in that. What helps me sleep is hugging a body pillow. It helps keep my head in one place (because I put one end of the pillow under my chin) and it leaves me feeling “grounded” when I am trying to sleep because I tend to “rock” or “sway” whenever I am trying to lie still.

You say that your symptoms increase around your menstrual cycle – and that you have been diagnosed with BPPV. People who deal with Migraine Associated Vertigo usually also have episodes of BPPV. Have you tried going on a migraine-preventative medication? That may be very helpful for you. A neurologist is a good place to start if you want to talk about medication options.

You will want to talk to your doctor about the fact that upon waking you have wetness in your ear canals. I do not have that.

In addition, you will want to talk with your doctor about doing something more for your chronic sinus infections, which may include having the other side done, if it helped the first time. I deal with inner ear infections caused by congestion, so they are viral in nature. They really add to my head symptoms.

Regarding the fact that you cannot go to the chiropractor – YES YOU CAN. I go to mine, and he is able to accommodate his adjustments to me, so that I do not have to lie down. You should speak with your chiropractor or get a new one.

The same thing for having your hair colored. I usually will dye my hair myself (it’s less expensive) and then just shower it off. But I have been to many salons where they rinsed my hair while I was sitting up (think half-reclining). It was messy (I got s-o wet), but it can be done.

It’s amazing how many work-arounds a person can find, if they really want to do something. I have been quite limited by “head symptoms”, but in most cases, I have been able to find a way to do something a different way.

I will bet you anything that your neck hurts because of the ways you hold your head and body, and the way you are trying to sleep. I had severe neck pain for a long time in the beginning for just that reason. It’s hard to get used to sleeping upright when you are used to a bed (I can really relate). You might want to try getting a heating pad and placing it under your neck and upper back (don’t fall asleep with it on), and also, a soft towel or blanket bunched up under your neck when you do sleep may help support your head.

As for friends and family not “getting” you and what you are dealing with – yes, it’s quite an adjustment for THEM – go figure. Dealing with head symptoms is not something someone else can grasp unless they also have experienced the same symptoms. It’s not like they can SEE your condition, like you would with a broken leg. Surprisingly, although YOU are the one dealing with so much, initially, it’s going to have to be YOU having the patience to deal with others’ ignorance and insensitivity and lack of understanding. Remember, YOU are your best advocate, and although you certainly cannot make someone “see the light” or understand how you are feeling, you can stand up for yourself and let others know when you need help or are limited.

It can be very lonely to deal with something so life impacting, and have others not see or get that. It’s not up to you to make sure that they do. All you can do is be clear and upfront about how you are feeling and ask for help when you need it. The people that really care about you will want to know how they can help and what you need, even if they cannot fully put themselves in your place. Unfortunately, people can be slow to adapt or not be willing to understand or show little tolerance. You will find hundreds of those kinds of people, and many more examples of poor human spirit – if you have people like this in your life, that can be painful, I know. But it’s not up to you to change anyone, and you will get to a point where those people will either have a place in your life one way or another or they won’t, and you will adapt to that. Just be true to yourself and your needs.

I have to smile as your “venting”. If that is ALL the venting you do, then that is not venting in my book! You should hear ME on my bad days (wink).

Wishing you a great day.

Old 02-16-2009, 10:12 AM   #41
(male)

krahon HB Userkrahon HB User

Hello All,

I am Krahon, the original poster and I thank you for the wealth of info more recent posts have provided, I feel ALL your pain and I know that the world YOU live in is a different world from those of others around you and I.

I have had this MAV type disorder for past 16 years and have seen 12 specialists in the past 6 months alone as my symptoms are now getting worse and the list grows on in the understanding of mine, and indeed your, medical condition.

Well the cure may not be the same for all of us, it is in all off us to find it, you must be your own research department, your own advocate, and have ALL your medical records on file.

My doctors, as I have posted before, acknowledge that MAV can be a catch all misdiagnosis, because the actual diagnosis just hasn't been found, it may be the true diagnosis for some but not all of us.

Do any of you have BONE SPURS, or abnormal bone growth, or abnormal skull formation, is one eye higher then the other, is one ear higher then the other, google all this as well as talk with doctors and this along with Blood Platlet disorders, heart conditions and many other caonditions could be your MAV.

Meaning get everything checked out to rule out any potential for a misdiagnosis.

I have abnormal bone growths that started 16 years ago, most in my spine, I have lost feeling in most reflexes(tested as having "mute" reflexes) in my feet due to what doctors think is a pinched nerve in my back as an emg (not eng, emg) ruled out any damge of the nerves themselves, or muscular tissue, so the tingling sensation in my case is not caused by circulation problems (PAD) or neuropathy.

My left eye is higher then my right, a conditon, Vertical Heterophoria Syndrome and Hyperphoria, causes similar symptoms that we all get, however after testing positive for this disorder I can't be "fixed" until I come of my 4mg's of Klonopin a day, and treatment does not get rid of my "AURA"

Ill keep you all posted

krahon

Last edited by krahon; 02-23-2009 at 12:30 PM. Reason: clarify, typos

Old 02-16-2009, 10:16 AM   #42
(male)

krahon HB Userkrahon HB User

Oh yes, Krahon here, I do have constant leaky fluid in my ears, but they are, ok, says the docs Interesting
If i put my finger gently in my ear its wet with a yellow/clear like fluid, always, I also have constant post nasal drip, I wonder why

Old 02-24-2009, 10:54 PM   #43
(male)

fuzzy101 HB User

hi Guys,

Can i please ask one question. For those getting these pressure symptoms in head and neck or eye...

when you look straight at something like concentrate on a certain object or thing and while keeping your eyes straight ahead but turn your head slowly left to right, do you get this weird sensation either in your neck or behined your eyes like something is either pulling on the back of your eyes or a strange pressure feeling (either in neck or back of head or somewhere) that alternates when you turn your head left to right while your eyes are fixed?

Its a feeling i cant describe (i'll give it a go: feels like something is clamping down on the back of your eyes, you can feel a certain tightness or pulling sensation) but i want to see if anyone shares this issue.

Thanks...

p.s after a year of analysing my symptoms after getting my anxiety levels in check, i have noticed that this sensation is actualy what causes my in-balance (almost like i am slipping over or about to).

Last edited by fuzzy101; 02-24-2009 at 10:56 PM.

Old 02-28-2009, 10:51 AM   #44
(female)

luisita HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzy101 View Post
hi Guys,

Can i please ask one question. For those getting these pressure symptoms in head and neck or eye...

when you look straight at something like concentrate on a certain object or thing and while keeping your eyes straight ahead but turn your head slowly left to right, do you get this weird sensation either in your neck or behined your eyes like something is either pulling on the back of your eyes or a strange pressure feeling (either in neck or back of head or somewhere) that alternates when you turn your head left to right while your eyes are fixed?

Its a feeling i cant describe (i'll give it a go: feels like something is clamping down on the back of your eyes, you can feel a certain tightness or pulling sensation) but i want to see if anyone shares this issue.

Thanks...

p.s after a year of analysing my symptoms after getting my anxiety levels in check, i have noticed that this sensation is actualy what causes my in-balance (almost like i am slipping over or about to).
Hi Fuzzy101

Thats exactly how i feel when i fix on something and then move my head side to side. Its a weird feeling and really hard to describe. its a though they are working on a elastic band and pulling against each other and making you feel even more off than normal.

The question is how do you cure it???

Old 03-01-2009, 12:35 PM   #45
(male)

fuzzy101 HB User

Hi Luisita,

after being unhappy for so many months i decided ill get all the phyical things checked off so that i could rule them all out.
I actually do think it is anxiety (my problem, eye tension, unbalanced. not speaking for everyone on this thread) to prove this i have been lucky enough to have had:

CAT - Neck, CAT Head, MRI Head, ENT has given me the all clear, Neurologist has also given me the all clear but has put me on to BIO feedback program where they hook you up to monitors and they show you whats happening inside your autonomic system and teach you different techniques to keep things incheck. Neurologist did say though i am more than happy to come back and ask for an MRI of the neck just to make sure. I will eventually ask for that even if i recover 100% just to rule out anything else (its been so helpful having specialists that care.)

Ok this may sound weird but it has helped my unbalance by about 60% and also the tension on my eyes. Last Friday after working myself to a point where i thought i was back to day 1 (mentally and physically) i decided to smile and laugh at my anxiety. I figured i can go though life having these symptoms and being unhappy or i can go through life having these symptoms but being happy. I think its very easy to get caught up in a depression cycle when you have these symptoms. So i started smiling and and laughing at my thoughts and this suddenly brought my anxiety back to a level it hasnt been for a while. Over the weekend and during last week sure i didnt feel 100% but i did see a massive improvement in my balance issues and also head/eye tension. It is hard sometimes and sure you cant be always happy but if you can bring your stress levels and anxiety down past a certain level it does help dramatically. Ill keep you posted with how i am going or feel free to PM me anytime if you want to talk.

I am also getting a referal to an optomotrist specialist to get eyes checked. keep you updated.

P.S - Im not sure if you also get the un-balanced feeling when you walk (like your about to trip over)

Last edited by fuzzy101; 03-02-2009 at 12:08 AM.

Closed Thread