It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain Tumors Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2009, 06:16 AM   #91
(male)

ottyf HB User
Re: Brain fog, dizziness, fullness in ears, pressure behind eyes, things moving: Base

Good to hear back from you Highonlife, Thanks for the reply.

I too am still in the same condition. I noticed something the other day on wikipedia.. I wiki'd brain fog and it eventually led me to a wiki page called "Depersonalization Disorder" this sounds like the problem or atleast a big part of it. Check it out if your interested.

Another thing i found out that is similar to some of us is High Carbon Dioxide levels, you can wiki that too its called Hyper or hypo something hah.

Tell me what you think, thanks.

Last edited by ottyf; 08-12-2009 at 06:20 AM.

Old 08-13-2009, 03:38 PM   #92
(male)

Mikey27 HB User
Re: Brain fog, dizziness, fullness in ears, pressure behind eyes, things moving: Base

i'm only 20 years old and have all the same symptoms as all of you here what can this be??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-13-2009, 07:30 PM   #93
(male)

fuzzy101 HB User

Ottyf,

to my knowledge Depersonalization Disorder is just an emotional symptom, from what high on life is saying

Quote:
Originally Posted by high on life View Post
things seem to move when there not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
feeling like i have a sinus infection alot of the time!!!!!!!
loss of intrest not as out going!!!
my words dont come out right!!!
my hearing seems muffled like i just came back from a concert.....
pressure sharp pains in my ear with fluid mainly when i wake up in my ear...
my jaw hurts sometimes too weir one but have that too...
These are all Physical. I would say that the cycle is (in my case it was) the physical symptoms in fact cause the anxiety (panic attacks, depersonalization, brain fog etc). Thats why it is important to try to rid yourself of the anxiety or as much as you can so you can see what symptoms remain. Often when you mention things like "spacey feeling" or "out of it" to doctors along with physical symptoms such as balance, dizyness, head pressure they just tend to slag it off as anxiety....

Old 08-13-2009, 09:19 PM   #94
(male)

ScaryKid1015 HB User

yes i would agree with you. anxiety and stress play major roles in this and exacerbate the physical ailment, but are not the cause.

every doctor i've been to thinks i need psychiatric help for the most part, lol. it's quite unfortunate when you try and try to convince them that the physical symptoms are the cause of the anxiety and not the other way around.

luckily, i've got a hold on my anxiety for the most part. my stress levels are down as well.

the illness remains, however.

Old 08-13-2009, 10:02 PM   #95
(male)

fuzzy101 HB User

Yeah it sucks, if only they could live a day in our shoes, they wouldnt survive 1 minute. We will eventually get there, it may be different causes for different people but if you keep looking and target good doctors (there are some out there that just dont give up) you will find out what going on. I condsider myself close, have been reffered to a good neuro surgeon (not neuroligist) so hopefully answers can finally be answered. Ill keep you all updated with any findings.

Old 08-13-2009, 10:17 PM   #96
(male)

Mikey27 HB User

my question is people do recover from these conditions.... how? with what? and I believe there is something that the docs can't catch that is causing this.... there has to be something that has to be fixed but unfortunatly there is nothing that they know of. Everyone could only assume what the problem is and there will always be no proof in what you have or had... i believe in proof and something should be done to many people are suffering and theres just not enough research with this condition.....

Old 08-14-2009, 05:59 AM   #97
(male)

ottyf HB User

Did anyone look into the high carbon dioxide levels thing i posted last time? I read up on another forums on a different site that someone had our same problems and they had high carbon dioxide levels. Search the symptoms for it.

Old 08-14-2009, 09:53 PM   #98
(female)

JaneDoeToo HB User

Quote:
all the y want to do is shove pills in my face!!!! or think im a hypocon..... no drugs of n e kind not even perscrips.

i tarted by taking my meds then just sleeping with them by my bed then just bringing them with me when i go out, just the thought of them being there made me feel safe... now i can leaVE the house without them.....
It sounds like from what you wrote that even if you are not taking any drugs, illegal or legal, now that you did so in the past.

I mentioned somewhere else that the symptoms you describe sound exactly like protracted withdrawal symptoms which are caused by various drugs, such as benzodiazepines, atypical antipsychotics, etc.

These psychiatric drugs effect the neurotransmitter balances in your body and it takes a long time for your neurological system to rebalance itself when you stop taking the drugs. Many people experience these same symptoms for a year or more after stopping benzodiazepines. Many/most doctors do not seem to be aware of the long-term hazards of these drugs, or that they cause protracted withdrawal symptoms.

What drugs have you taken in the past few years? and for how long and what was the dosage?

Old 08-15-2009, 08:40 AM   #99
(female)

hollygirl33 HB User

Quote:
hello every one been a while sence my last post, for the reason every time I read the posts I get so mad!!!!!! how come no doc can help!!! im so sad and depressed and have no one to relate to!!!! all the y want to do is shove pills in my face!!!! or think im a hypocon..... i dont know how to spell that ill blame it on the brain fog.... not a funny joke b/c it prob is... n e way i just want to let everyone know im 22 very in shape eat right get plenty of sleep and go to the gym on a regular basic ,on the outside i look healthy no drugs of n e kind not even perscrips.

but i feel very not healthy!

the anxiety attacks i learned to control (knock on wood)
i just came to the conclusion im not going to die!!! feels like it but im not.
i tarted by taking my meds then just sleeping with them by my bed then just bringing them with me when i go out, just the thought of them being there made me feel safe... now i can leaVE the house without them....
control your breathing and think of a pperson or place that made you happy then repeat to your self "this to shall pass "with deep slow breathing.
works for me. you can control your breathing then which controls your heart rate get that under control and u go thru the worst in my opinion.... if your heart rate goes up causes u to feel faint dizzy ect which amp the whole thing....

n e way thats a lil advice on anxiety.

my symptoms
came on a yr ago out of no where.. im down to having

brain fog !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dreamlike state!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
things seem to move when there not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
feeling like i have a sinus infection alot of the time!!!!!!!
loss of intrest not as out going!!!
my words dont come out right!!!
my hearing seems muffled like i just came back from a concert.....
pressure sharp pains in my ear with fluid mainly when i wake up in my ear...
my jaw hurts sometimes too weir one but have that too...

I FEEL LAND SICK, YA SO HOW PEOPLE FEEL ON A BOAT WELL I HAVE THAT ALL THE TIME WALKING AROUND DOING DAY TO DAY THINGS I FEEL LIKE IM FLOATING ALONG AND CANT RELI AKE IN EVERYTHING... SUCKS!!!!!

WELLL IF N E ONE WANTS TO TALK OVER THE PHONE ABOUT IT CAN CALL ME IT WOULD BE NICE TO HEAR SOMEONE ELES THEN READING...

MY EYES ARE BLURRY LOL

BY ALL
BE IN TOUCH PLEASE...
I was in the same boat ride as you. Felt everything you did. I still have it but not as bad. My journey has been a long one, it started Jan 2008. My life was over so I thouhght. No one could help me, every doc pushed me aside I had every test imaginable. Ears, MRI's,blood work cat scans, everything, So I diagnosed myself, I took xanax for a year and I had felt great, until I started feeling really weird, I felt like I was On a boat, I had visual disturbances, couldn't go out, couldn't look at carpets or floor with alot of design in them the stores just killed me, flashing couldn't see right, felt pulled to the floor,feeling of floating, derealization, brain fog.pressure in ears and behind eyes. anyhow I stopped xanax but still had to fight anxiety, it took me another 6 months to control that, I finally was sent to Vestibular Therapy, OMG!!! it really helped, I had to learn to retrain my brain. I am back to function level, I do have bad days, but realize I can over come this, I get real depressed about it alot, but pick myself back up and fight. Alot of these symptoms are controllable you should look into Vestibular Therapy, and get off any drugs you may take, clear out your head.I hope this helps you. Lord knows I still need support, knowing there are others like us can help. Fight be strong don't give up!!!!!!! We can't let this be our life. You know as I type this I fell like pure crap, but I know I gotta fight it I have too. There is help. I am here for anytime. Please PM me or reply. Take Care.

Old 08-15-2009, 02:28 PM   #100
(male)

ScaryKid1015 HB User

hollygirl33,

i'm finding more and more people dealing with this ailment after taking some chemical for a certain amount of time. with me it was the acne drug accutane, and with my friend from bulgaria that i'm currently speaking with over email it was tetracycline and caffeine.

i've not tried vestibular therapy and actually don't even know what it is, lol. but to tell you the truth, i've really improved just by getting control of my anxiety and stress levels. of course the physical symptoms are still there, but it's bearable. i'm sure you and i are going through the exact same thing based on the few symptoms you mention.

go back to my first post a couple pages back and you'll probably see how similar our cases are.

and just to let everyone know, i think i have the ticket out of this illness... in fact, i'm sure that what i'm preparing to do will be almost everyone on this thread's ticket back to good health.

i have to wait until i go through with the regimen, but i just wish to give all of you who are suffering a glint of hope for potential liberation from this mystery disease that we are all afflicted with. i'm only 18 years old and have spent 16 months housebound and dealing with this reality... but these days are almost over.

Old 08-16-2009, 06:55 AM   #101
(male)

ottyf HB User

I too have learnt to control the way i thought about me feeling out of place and isolated.

I am going out with friends a lot and doing stuff to get my mind off of this even though i know i still have it 24/7. It really helps going to movies and just having a good time even though i feel like crap.

Hope to hear back from you ScaryKid! hope it all turns out well!

Old 08-17-2009, 06:25 PM   #102
(male)

ibintinknockin HB User

hello all. i just got back from the neurologist and he did the ''march in place with my eyes closed'' test and needless to say but i ended up on the other side of the room! here are my 24/7 symptoms:

-dizziness... not really spinning but a sorta ''walking on the moon'' feeling and it gets worse with heat/humidity & i feel better when i lay down- 6.5 outta 10.

-pressure behind eyes... no pain but, 6.5 outta 10.

...... and here are my ''every once in a while'' symptoms

-brain fog... 4 outta 10

-fullness in ear.... have to yawn or swallow in order to clear them... 2.5 outta 10

- light sensitivity .... in some strong sun it can get pretty bad, 5 outta 10

.... it all started 6 weeks ago. i had a sore throat and a feverish feeling. a couple of days go by and the sore throat goes away and the lousy feverish feeling morphs into the dizziness .... went to the er and had a catscan done and they said everything looks fine, go see a neurologist. they also said it could be anxiety. the neurologist has got me getting a mri and a brain and ear test and we will see from there. he did not seem to be too concerned which i guess is a good sign... i did not read this entire topic yet but will as soon as i am done posting, i just read a lot of the same symptoms i had on the very first page so i felt i had to post....

Old 08-17-2009, 07:26 PM   #103
(male)

fuzzy101 HB User

Thanks for the update Ibin. Get them to do a MRI of the neck as well (I say this as i have had a brain mri, brain ct - came back ok - have had no MRI done of neck as of yet). CT neck found retrolisthesis of c4/5/6.... I have same feeling when walking, like an uneven surface (dropping/falling sensation). My pressure symptom is at the base of my skull. I'll be seeing my Neurologist again on the 25th Aug.

Keep you updated also.

Last edited by fuzzy101; 08-17-2009 at 09:04 PM.

Old 08-18-2009, 02:14 PM   #104
(male)

Mikey27 HB User

i'm going through the same conidtion symptoms everything only 20 now and i'm hoping VRT helps any one ever try VRT and how long have you been doing it for??

Old 08-20-2009, 06:22 PM   #105
(male)

fuzzy101 HB User

Hi Mikey, I know a person who has gone through VRT and said that it initially helped their balance, but really helped their sight (in regards to eye focus). This person also has similar symptoms to people on thie thread. However at the moment the balance has become worse. You can do your own VRT at home. simple eye movements/exercises looking quickly from left to right - basic calibration techniques. Also standing on pillows with your eyes closed. balancing on one foot with eyes closed etc. - I have done al of these and it has helped somewhat.

Have your feet checked by a podiatrist also. I found that with the balance problems it was throwing my feet off making them pronate, had orthotics fitted which helped alot! It seems like these symptoms send messages to your brain and body to shift in awkward ways, At least with something like an orthotic you are fighting that message.

Last edited by fuzzy101; 08-20-2009 at 09:26 PM.

Closed Thread