It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain Tumors Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2008, 11:28 AM   #1
(male)

krahon HB Userkrahon HB User
Brain fog, dizziness, fullness in ears, pressure behind eyes, things moving: Baseline

Hello all,

I am a newbie here, but not to the devistating, life altering effects of my condition.

I have just been diagnosed with MAV (Migrane Associated Vertigo) which is what A LOT of us here are diagnosed with as it is the diagnosis for our symptoms when the doctors can't "find" anything "wrong".

Please respond to this post, all of our lifes actually depend on it.

What I would like to get is a baseline of all of our symptoms and then a number of how bad the symptom is.

I have listed myself as an example, please list at least what we all have in common and add what you may also have, a timeline of your diagonis or treatment can help to.

The bottom line is this, we are not going to get better unless we stay together and fully communicate any/and all possibilities and then explorer these possibilities in hopes to find "the Cure".

I will start with myself:

DIAGNOSIS SO FAR: MAV (Migraine Associated Vertigo)
HOW LONG WITH SYMPTOMS: 15 years
SYMPTOMS: (Note: list the symptom and then rate it on a scale of 1-10, then explain a little about it) also note if its 24/7 or not, so if it goes away sometimes completely it is not 24/7.

Dizzyness/Unsteadiness: (4-7) 24/7 Depends on day gets worse with stress on mind or body. I feel more Unsteady know then dizzy, although at first (15 years ago) I felt more dizzy. Also is the lowest when I am lying in bed after 2 hours in the darkness before I fall asleep

Ear Preasure: (9) 24/7 Always! Gets worse when I stress my sinuses, blow my nose, and when humidity (barometric pressure) is high, I also always have a runny nose? Ear drums ache, sometimes sharp pains.

Ears Popping (9) 24/7 yup, they crackle, pop, sometimes I feel "fluid"
sensations.

Hearing Loss: (2-4) this is weird, mostly I don't hear as good because of the tinnitus gets louder or the pressure builds and my hearing goes in and out with the pressure changes, all this happens when I stress my mind or body, or blow nose/cough, etc. I have no actual loss per the doctors.

Tinnitus: (2-6) 24/7 unnoticible unless in a silent room, but can be so lound I can't here as well as I should.

Head Pressure/Sinus Pressure: (9) 24/7 gets a little better with less stimulus but feels like i have a sinus infection, my head is full, cracking sounds, etc.

Brain Fog: (7-10) 24/7 This is horrible to say the least, I can't remember things, am completely disorganized even if I am organized, have trouble with simple words, simple math, forget almost anything that is said to me, have a better time remebring written items, it all gets worse when I am tired stress my body, or am in a noisy or visually buzy envronment, like a mall, etc. I AM CONSTANTLY ANGRY AT MYSELF WHEN I LET MYSELF DOWN AS I AM FAIRLY INTELLIGENT BUT WORK WAY BELOW MY ACTUAL ABILITY BECAUSE I CONSTANTLY AM IN A COMPLETE FOG.

Dreamlike/spacy feeling: (7-10) 24/7: I feel like I am in a dream, nothing is bright, nothing looks real, all my senses fell dull, sometimes I have to have someone say something 3 times before I understand what they are saying, I feel like the world is a little bouncy, and i feel like I am not moving wherever go its the world that is scrolling underneath me and I am in the same place. gets morse with stimulus.

Neck pain: (4-8) 24/7, mostly at the base of my skull and where the neck begins on my sholders, sharp pains sometimes, if I look up and trun my head clockwise and counter clock wise I fell and here a scraping sound/cracking, i believe in my neck or at the base of my skull, I am not sure.

Anxiety: (10) 24/7 would be an 11 if possible is better only in a dark room and is caused by my world always moving, head feeling like it will explode, you know, the fun stuff.

Shaking: (8) 24/7 hands, head, eyes, just about everything but my hands head and eyes are the worst, I can send any of them into a spasm if i relax them and "release" myself form them.

Weakness/Joints/muscle pain, Hands/Feet: (7-10) 24/7 Getting much worse as of lately, joints hurt, muscles jittery, throbbing, fell like my hands an feet are asleep.

Eye Pressure: (9) 24/7, constant behind eyes, dull pulsing pain, get sharp at times.

Vision:

Focusing problems (10) 24/7, my eyes jump arouns and its hard to focus on something near and then something far, eyes alway want to focus on the nearest object.

AURA (7-10) 24/7 I have VS (visual snow) Cell like worms throughout both eyes entire fields, things in peripheral appear to move in the opposite direction my eyes are moving so i get to the object sooner then I should. I get green stuff wneh I close my eys and on most thing when I open them, petterns move, words move, edges of objects move, and well, thats it for now. Gets worse when head pressure feeling increses.

Jittery (10) 24/7 never gets better, eyes are jittey, I can actually send them in an epeleptic like spasm is i relax them enough.

DIAGNOSIS TIMELINE:

In early 1993 I was done taking accutane (i was 19 years old) just had my wisdom teeth pullled and noticed some visual issues, not as bad as it got, but I got dizzy and foggy the more buzy the environment got, all of it was annoying but livable, and then:

In Mid 1993 i got REALLY drunk (and I wasn't much of a drinker) blackedout, bumped my head, woke up in a hospital and all the problems I had before where a thousand times worse.

For 2 years I lied in my bed saw 20 or so doctors, nothing helped everything was even worse then it is now, I simply couldn't see straight and was beyond brain fog, I felt like I was dead and dreaming completely.

During these two years I did vestibular exercises 24/7 even thought I didn't know thats what I was doing, I would force my eyes to stare at objects and focus while moving my head, I would ocus my eyes to see the four corners of a room whilce lying on the the floor and looking up ath the ceiling, i tried to keep my eyes from jumping, I forced my eyes to focus on objects looking from far to near. I also seff prescribed myself klonopin as it was the only thing that helpes but the doctot was convinced it would do nothing and that it was all in my head. All tests came back ok, MRI, nothing wrong with any organ, visual tests and inner ear tests came back inconclusive, they said there is nothing wrong with the organs but I did exibit visual tracking problems, and odd visual responses to my visual field tests.

Also the nystgmus test for the inner ear said there was no inner ear problem but that I had some sort of problem with my eyes when motion was applied to my vision, or to my body.

13 years went by, I gave up, I have been living in a nightmare trying to be as "Normal" as possible, I started to releran how to drive on a moped at first, and then a motorcycle (an automatic, there was no way I could drive a standard at the time or since) and then a car.

Missed college because I can't read for any long period without extreme discomfort, and it meeseup everything for at least a day.

So I have been working in retail for the past 15 years, because physical work (which I love) is too much, I am always weak and tired, and I have been in management roles, but as time goes by, I normally have to step down, or am asked to because my brain fog gets me into trouble (not bad trouble but enough to cause question)

I fell like my employers think I am lazy or don't care at times but I do, they just don't live in my world

I had my super cool daughter in 2001, I CANNOT give her the daddy she needs because I am actually handicapped because of this. I want to be there for her but I am always tired, or out of it. I am a good dad, but, needless to say, I wouldn't have changesd anything but when my fiance, her mom, said she was pregnant I told her I didn't want to have her because I felt I could not be a real DAD. I don't advise having children with this disorder unless your significant other is the bread winner and can pay the bills, or you end up at least 80% or better cured as you will end up being a so-so parent, and its not your fault.

PLEASE LIST YOUR SYMPTOMS AND STORIES SO WE CAN ALL FIND WHAT HAS WORKED, AND WHAT HASN'T. DON'T LEAVE OUT ANY DETAILS, PLEASE DON'T REPLY TO ANYONE IN THIS THREAD AS IT IS INTENDED TO GIVE EVERYONE A CHANCE TO TELL THERE STORY SO WE CAN ALL FIGURE OUT THE SIMILARATIES. REMEMBER TO LIST ANY DOCTORS OR PROCEDURES AND OR MEDICINES THAT HELPED AND THOSE THAT DIDN'T..

We are all in this together, I do believe if we all woke up with this one day, or something caused it that it can be cured but as you all know, doctors are not really taking this to seriously and no one other then us, understands.

I feel for all of you and thank you for trying to reach out to help us all...

krahon aka tyler

The following 3 users give hugs of support to: krahon
denneyj (11-03-2011), RDAMBROS (12-09-2011)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to krahon For This Useful Post:
buck302 (07-23-2012), denneyj (11-03-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-18-2008, 01:20 PM   #2
(female)

pamg6 HB User
Re: Brain fog, dizziness, fullness in ears, pressure behind eyes, things moving: Base

Hi,

I disagree with the statement that this is a dx when another can't be found. I would have been dx with this much earlier, except my doc at the time, asked me if I had headaches, I said no, so in his mind this ruled out Migraine. It was his lack if knowledge that prolonged my dx. I also appreciate the doc's being willing to do all the testing to rule out other illness. I also look back on my growing up years, and can actually see that I struggled with non-headache migraine or migraine syndrome for many years before my big attack in May 2007, that led me to a dx!! I am so happy to know what I finally have and that the meds I am taking have brought ALL my symptoms from a 10+ down to about a 3 on my worst days, and a 0 all the other days.
Keep us posted on your progress.

Pam 3

Last edited by pamg6; 09-18-2008 at 01:22 PM.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pamg6 For This Useful Post:
dreaangel (08-30-2012), picturelady (11-14-2012)
Old 09-18-2008, 02:30 PM   #3
(male)

Re: Brain fog, dizziness, fullness in ears, pressure behind eyes, things moving: Base

thanks for posting

I would agree with your disagreement, as they told me I had post concusive syndrome and that I would have to live with it 25 years ago, however what i meant is that taking drugs to fix this "disorder" doesn't neccessarily "fix" the disorder. This disorder has some "physical" dysfunction or abnormality or a dysfunction of some sort that results in a change in a chemical reation within the body. Meaning this, while some may find treatment for the pain and dizzyness, many haven't yet found a true diagnosis of what the true underlying issue is. Blanketing nearly everyone with these similar symptoms with a broad diagnosis and telling them this is what they have may limit them in looking for what the true underlying disorder is. The MEEI doc I spoke to agreed that this is a diagnosis that is awaiting more results for proper diagnosis of whats really wrong it may still be spine related (which I am testing for), a vitamin deficency (b-12 for example), a sinus complication, etc.

In short thats why we need to stick together as Docs do make good calls and bad calls, and sometimes people stop looking for the actual root of the problem.

So I am glad that the meds did help you out, but what are they doing in order to help you out, how are they effecting your body? what are they changing in your bodies functioning? Thats the actual problem, many docs don't know and I don't blame em all, the human body is a tough thing to fix, but drugs change how are bodies function, if we can all think together at which ones actually work, for certain individuals, we can find an answer for each of us.

The biggest symptom I haven't seen any med tackle for anyone thus far who has the symptoms 24/7 is the visual/brain fog issues. If there has been one that does let us all know Because this is the symtom that cripples us.

I thank you again for your post, PLEASE let me know if anything STOPS 24/7 brain fog, visual symptoms, etc. as there is a lot of meds that help other aspects out but not the most crucial

I can't get lower then about an 8 in many categories and I have been on a lot of meds...

Last edited by krahon; 09-19-2008 at 09:05 AM.

Old 09-18-2008, 03:50 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

cknmbbl HB User

Ok, here it goes....I have a dx of MAV. It will be 3 years in Feb. The Dec before I was feeling very strange. I was dizzy and just felt sick. In Jan I would be walking and feel like I was falling side to side. This came and went. I just blew it off. In Feb I walked my daughter to the bus stop, turned to come home and it felt like the world dropped. I was very dizzy and sick. Went to the Dr. was told anxiety. I have had anxiety in the past. This was not. After 2 weeks in bed I went to a new Dr. He ordered an MRI and it was normal. Went to a neuro he sent me to KU to a otologist. He did some tests and called it MAV. (He is a very good dr). I didn't believe him, because I rarely have headaches. Over the last couple of years I have seen many drs and had many tests. I have bought into a couple of terrible dx's that have not amounted to anything. I now have a neuro that agrees with the MAV.

My symptoms are:

Balance issues: walking is difficult. I can't do things like take a walk around the block. I can only go short distances without hanging on to something like a wall, grocery cart ...

Brain Fog: All the time. I don't feel quite as smart as I once did.

Neck and Shoulder pain: My muscles are very tight and sore all the time.

Weakness and shaky: It is pretty much all the time. Its a little better in the am. If I am standing I need to be leaning on something.
Vision: Shaky, and like I am seeing gas fumes all the time. My eyes are tired and dry.

Muscles: They sometimes feel weak. I have spasms.

Tingling: I have tingling in hand and feet and sometimes my face.

Anxiety: If I am having a very bad day...this seems to take on a life of its own.

I have alot of other weird things. I don't know if they are related or not. I don't know if I would notice them if I weren't paying attention.

I am very blessed to be able to stay home. There is no way that I could work. Going to the grocery is a huge accomplishment for me. I have 5 kids and a husband that travels. The worst part of this is that I can't be the kind of mom and wife that I wish to be.

Let me add that one of the worst feelings I have is I can't tell if I am moving or it is something else moving. Am I bobing my head or am I not?
CK

Last edited by cknmbbl; 09-18-2008 at 04:51 PM. Reason: more info

Old 09-18-2008, 03:56 PM   #5
(female)

pamg6 HB User

Thanks for explaining that further. From what I am gathering, is that migraine has something to do with seratonin in our body. And I have learned that seratonin, or alot of it, is in the gut..... Anyway, I am on 3 preventatives, 1 of them is really for my elevated bp, but is a preventative as well. It has taken many months to feel the way I do now. I began Nortriptalyne at 25 mg on Nov. 30 and worked up to 75mg where I am now. My doc says the verapamil (prescribed for my bp) "quiets the storm" of migraine. I am on 360 mg. and then we added in the effexor, in March. I know my seratonin was really low because I was sooooo depressed with this illness, but I was slightly depressed for awhile prior with some very difficult life issues to deal with...then as my sx grew worse....well I was desperate to do anything to feel better. I am thinking that I read that migraine is due to inflammation in the vessels in our head ...I also read that gaining weight or being heavy can make migraine worse, due to the inflammation. I also had sx 24/7 and I really don't have the brain fog anymore either. Actually I think my brain fog might still be here, because I am not sure this message is making any sense!!!! I think I'll stop while I'm ahead!!!

Pam 3

Old 09-18-2008, 04:55 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

cknmbbl HB User

Hi Pam,
Hope all is well with you. Just wanted to ask about the seratonin affecting migraine. What exactly does that mean? If its too low or too high?

Thanks, you are very helpful!

CK

Old 09-18-2008, 05:28 PM   #7
(female)

pamg6 HB User

Hi Ck,

I am not exactly sure, but I am thinking low, just because I was so depressed..but I also know that Effexor is not an SSRI, but I definately feel much sunnier in my daily feelings as opposed to having this huge cloud over me, does that make sense?
I hope you are better. What is your regime?

Pam 3

Old 09-18-2008, 07:40 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

cknmbbl HB User

Pam,
Yes it makes sense. Living under a constant cloud is very taxing.

I have been off all meds for about 6 months, other then meds when I had the horrible vertigo attack. I just got a rx for verapamil and will start that on Sat after my husband is back. My dr wants to do that for 4 weeks and then add Effexor XR. I think I had mentioned before that I had a terrible reaction to Lexapro and am terrified of this type of medication. I also know that this isn't going any where on its own, so.....

Do you take anything like valium? Everyone seems to think it helps. I'm not so sure it helps me. It makes me very tired, even a small amount.

Hope you are doing well. It makes me feel hopeful when I see your posts.

CK

Old 09-19-2008, 08:48 AM   #9
(male)

LOL Pam

Yea, i know waht you mean, brain fog and all, most of the time, at the end of a sentence I have to look back and read it again to see if it actually says what I was thinking

Seratonin regulating meds seems to help balance those who have too little in there system and yea, seratonin controls a bunch of key issues, but I think boosting our seratonin is another mask, because it seems a lot of folks use these meds and they help, but it doesn't, "fix" whats broken

What natural methods have you had success with?

Anyone else had success with any natural remedies so far, even if it helps a little, hey I'll take it for now.

YOU HAVE 5 KIDS, wow, that is a fulltime and a half, but at least you don't have a boss barking at you, but I agree 100%: Its very, very, very hard to be the mom or dad you know you can be for your children being in this wacky topsy-turvy, foggy, mind altering life we lead. I only have my daughter and I feel horrible that I can't do half the things she wants to when she wants to.

I do feel for you, 5 children is a lot of resposibility on a wishy-washy brain like ours Thats why I think its so important that we all try everything and anything (thats legal and won't kill us) with as many doctors as we can, one of them has to find something, and if not I have found I start figuring things out on my own

I go in for the spinning chair, the caloric, and a bunch of other tests in a month at MEEI, I already had all these done but had no answers 15 years ago. My doctor is pretty convinced he will not find an inner-ear structural problem, hence whay he has diagnosed me with MAV, and it makes since because the AURA is very bad But again, MAV as a dx means little to me unless we can find the root of the problem, what changed to cause these 24/7 symtoms to appear quickly?

In any case, Keep up the posts good people, and let me know what has worked for you guys on all fronts, vrt/meds/accupunture/eating lemon pies/anything

Old 09-19-2008, 09:01 AM   #10
(male)

Hey ck,

Thanks for all the info, as for valium, I use klonopin, same family of meds but not quite as harsh, I only take 1mg three times a day, it does make you a little tired but not as bad a valium...be warned though get a docs advise before taking anything and also this stuff is HIGHLY additictive over a long period of time, valarian root is the herbal counterpart of valium, it is were the drug was derived. You could try high doses (check with doc) of High quality valarian to see if you get anything

The quality is almost more important then the dosage, I honestly don't have any idea of which herbal co. are better then others, but I know that I did take a lot of different seratonin regulating meds, zoloft etc., and they never did any thing, but valium and klonopin did, hence why I think we all may have very similar symptoms but are "cures" might be a little different, and the only wasy we are going to find em is keeping in touch and doing most of the homework ourselves.

Lord knows we can't be like this forever, its like living in a mental cage keeping us from being the real us.

ck you have any time at all when these symptoms went away, or at least got a lot better, if so when and how

And your description of your symptoms is very good (well not good theyre bad but..) especially the gas fumes in vision, got the same thing of course, but never thought of describing it that way. I would honestly try the muscle relaxing meds like klonopin if your doc is up to it, if you read up on vs "visual snow" a disorder like ours but just the visual part, they most comonly treat it with klonopin, and to think the doctors thought i was crazy 13 years ago when i told them klonopin helpes me see better

Krayon

Last edited by krahon; 09-19-2008 at 09:12 AM. Reason: explain reply clearer

Old 09-19-2008, 09:22 AM   #11
(male)

Both pam and ck:

I know this is no fun, and I feel 100% for both of you, but I think personally, that while all these drugs will help the symtoms they still are not helping the actual cause, althogh in some cases they actually may, have either of you had any other tests, are your necks and spines ok? Also if a particualr drug does help them it may help us find the answer quicker of the actual problem, cause if one drug helps, just look to what it tells your body to do differently and then look to see why your bodie is making the error in the first place.

Also: Did either of you take accutane (it can cause in increase in intercranial preassure), um, did you have your wisdom teeth pulled, how are your jaws any tmj that might be adding problems, I know myself I have a terrible overbight, and when i turn my head in certain ways I get a crunching sound in my neck. Anything else physical around the time the symptoms started?

The reason klonopin worked for me is that it seems to relax all my musles that are being told by something else to clench up, (probably because my brain is telling them everything is moving) when i stop the klonopin they all start crushing my eyes and neck, etc. all over again. Also a doc had said once that it also tells your brain not to listen to excessive input from other areas, otr at least thats what I interperted...

just wondering

Last edited by krahon; 09-19-2008 at 09:25 AM. Reason: clarification

Old 09-19-2008, 12:08 PM   #12
(female)

pamg6 HB User

Hi,

I have 4 kids...well, 5 if you count the husband!!!!
CK, I do have Valium in my purse "just in case" but I heard that they are a bear to wean off. I don't think I have used one in many months.
Krayon, I do think I have a mild TMJ, as my jaw has locked from time to time and/or popped when opening. I got a mouth protector from the dentist awhile back because I have been known to grind. But I am thinking that TMJ can cause migraine headaches...I don't get or rarely get a headache, but I will pursue this further when I go for my dental. The doc's don't really know how to reduce the immflamation that triggers these sx, but I think you have to break the migraine cycle first ( I had to as my sx were 24/7) in order to figure out your triggers, then you want to avoid the triggers. My triggers can be a bit challenging and to name just a few, Flourescent lighting (I do wear a visor now), mentrual (which can also cause immflamation in various parts of the body, for example the inside of my cheeks swell a bit, so I can see that then there would be inflammation in the vessels in my brain during this time.
I wonder if this is like the age old question of how does one get Cancer. In some it is hereditary, like migraine is, but for others you could say well, they were around envirnmental pollution or they ate too much meat etc....in some people , you may never be able to pinpoint the how's and why's. but you treat the cancer with things that have been "proven" to help...like migraine meds, they prescribe what has been known to help...but we may never know "why" one person gets cancer/migraine and the next doesn't.
As far as the natural approach, my migraine doc is very much in favor of trying things...for example he highly recommends Migravent...this dietary supplement has 133mg Riboflavin, 100 mg Magnesium and a blend of Butterbur Extract,CoQ10 and Biopurine. He recommends 5-HTP...so we did these first, but my sx were bad enough, that when I wasn't getting relief after a couple of months, we went the prescription route. I try to make time to relax and empty my mind 1-2 times perday to reduce stress, as stress is a huge trigger for all migraine sufferers. I remember being so excited when I learned I was anemic, because I thought, this is it, this is why I have a dizzy head....I got my levels back up with Iron supplements and the migraine issue didn't budge...at that same time I learned that I was Vit D deficient, again hopeful that this was it, this was my issue....got my levels back up, didn't budge the migraine. I did Harmone Saliva testing. I learned I was a couple harmones low. Most importantly progesterone....I went on oral drops of Progesterone, then had to switch to the pill form, and while I am thankful that we are getting all these areas back to normal, for me, they haven't put a dent in my "Healing" of the migraine.
So, here I am still a proponent of the natural route, I am darn thankful for prescriptions, so that I am able to have my life back...albeit, not quite the same.

Pam 3

Last edited by pamg6; 09-19-2008 at 12:10 PM. Reason: spelling

Old 09-19-2008, 12:55 PM   #13
(female)

jan6 HB User

I first got dizzy 16 years ago, following a bad attack of flu.Lasted two weeks, no diagnosis given and I pretty well forgot about all this until 2004.
I'm interested in your post because just before this all kicked off again, I was taking roaccutane. In 2004, lasted about 4-5 months.
2006, same dizziness, lasted about 1 month
2008 same again, lasted about 3 weeks.
Never got quite back to what I was before, have problems moving around in the dark, stairs, but otherwise able to work and live pretty normally.
Realised many of you have had wisdom teeth removed and jaw problems. I wear a guard at night, also have migraine.

I have virtually all the symptoms you list with the addition of severe earache each time.
Been diagnosed variously with Menieres, MS, labyrinthitis and vestibular neuritis...........

Old 09-19-2008, 09:54 PM   #14
(male)

Hey Pam and Jan (that rhymes

I agree Pam, we may never know why we get this or that, but with cancer, we see it, we treat it, sometimes it goes away, sometimes it don't, both my mom and fiance have had cancer (in the past three years) and neither of them would trade with me when I joked with them, and of course cancer is a horrible disease (very scary), but this ain't no fun either. I am not really looking for all the answers, I understand what your saying, I am just looking for the solution and we need a lot of answers to get there. So to this point is Jans comments

So we all have the same symtoms but we have some sort of jaw problems as well, and when you have your wisdow teeth pulled I was told by a very good ortho recently, that it can lead to hairline fractures in the sinuses, it can cause various sinus issues, when the new bone grows in that can push things outta wack, and also if the jaw is "floating" (i.e. its outta wack and never stays put) that can put your whole skull outta wack, he didn't get too technical as you can tell but (he actually said outta wack, he was in a rush and I had to ask him), it does get me thinking: If I can get my jaw in line will that help? how bout the fractures...do I have any? Do you? When my bone grew in, any problems, I haven't seeen a dentist for a while, haven't needed to, till now All my headaches feel like sinus headaches with migraine aura, odd?

TMJ or any misalignment of the jaw also causes a whole bunch of these symtoms too, or at the very least adds to them, yuck...

Accutane also cause bone spurs throughout your entire body...thats scary....

Jan please do promise me that you never use Accutane or its evil cousins ever again, and please spread the word, cause all my problems Started right after treatment and having my wisdom teeth pulled, trying to figure it all out still...

Yea Pam my fiance says she has two kids too Meaning my daughter and me, but in her case I am like a child in many ways, I have no idea what I am doing half the time, in a daze, so I forget everything...darn brain fog! Thanks for the list of things that helped you, A lot of them make sense...

Lastly, Jan...What helped you the most to get to where you are now? and what type of problems exactly do you have with your jaw? Do you have any neck pain/problems too? And again, PROMISE ME, no Accutane...its evil...

We must keep at it, there are obvious similarities that are here, how many are there? Can't tell unless we keep at it, gotta sleep cya latter
ttfn

Last edited by krahon; 09-19-2008 at 10:12 PM. Reason: typos and more typos and some typos

Old 09-21-2008, 12:26 PM   #15
(female)

jan6 HB User

Hi Krahon

On the very first page of the inner ear board thread is a post from someone else who had ear problems after roaccutane treatment, interesting.

My jaw problems are caused by malalignment between upper and lower jaws. My dentist made me bite up and down and could measure the pressure I was exerting on each tooth when I bite.

She filed some teeth down and I have a guard to wear at night.
Two weeks before this last episode, I lost it and so didn't have anything for two weeks.

I don't know whether this is significant or not, but I've had two accidents causing whiplash each time, I'm sure this hasn't helped.

In 2004,was assessed by a neurotologist and started VRT exercises.
I find the best thing for me is to push myself by day -ie I still go into work each day, but leave earlier and then rest each evening. My job involves visiting people and advising and to be honest, I know some days, I've been in a bad brain fog at work. Thing is that psychologically, work is good for me, otherwise I'd sit and dwell on stuff.Lucky that my boss is sympathetic and that my job isn't too physically demanding.

Closed Thread