It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain Tumors Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2009, 05:55 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

lbentley HB User
Looking for a friend\s to chat about living with Cancer

I have come to the point where I need support from persons like me suffering from cancer, feeling bad, hating my life...I think you get the message...it is to much to handle...anyone care to be a friend?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-15-2009, 07:20 AM   #2
(female)

kafish67 HB User
Re: Looking for a friend\s to chat about living with Cancer

Hi lbentley,
What kind of cancer do you have? When were you diagnosed? I understand how you feel. It's been over 6 years for me and still struggle with it-the fear, the late effects etc. Hope I can help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-16-2009, 08:47 AM   #3
(female)

arogirl HB User

I too have recently been diagnosed with throat cancer and feel for the first time I am traveling a road totally unknown to me and alone in my thoughts. What type of cancer do you have and what are your treatment options? I would love to chat with you.

Old 02-20-2009, 08:24 PM   #4
(female)

kafish67 HB User

Arogirl,
I also had throat cancer. If there is anything I can help you with, please let me know.

Old 02-28-2009, 08:46 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

snowmelts HB User

newly dx just 53 days ago.
( 01-05-09) with non-small cell stage 4 lung cancer with 2 spin off brain tumors. discovered viz CT scan. Kind of an unexpected sudden occurance. Hospital 01-05-09 through 01-16-09 brain tumors pressing on optic nerves causeing eyesight problems big time. lung x-ray and biopsy confirm the lung cancer. Having Cyber-Knife surgery (did 3 will do 3 more) had lots of spot radiation days..doing Chemo all of every Tues (right after CyberKnife Surgery on Tues) Have to use a walker to stand up.. the meds/treatments weakened me very fast.

None of my local family ever went through this before.. I have no idea what to expect day to day.....~sigh~ Will be 62 yrs old in April.
shaved my head already cuz hair was falling into my food ..nasty way to try to eat espcially after all the first weeks of throwing eveything up..so shaved off hair. Now ugly bald head fat cheecks and elephant feet but at least its winter and can wear a hat and hood when i go to all these appointments. I simply could not stand hair in my food.
Steriod pills for containing brain tumors have my cheeks and feet very badly swollen. BUT the actual cancer seems painless, of all things. Have a Nurse coming a couple tims a week to check nlood pressure ect. (which is always fine BTW)
Adult son is basically staying here most of the time when possible since I cant see much. I am not allowed around stove or dangerous things you know cuz of messed up sight from tumor pressing optic nerve.

Happily my computer screen can be highly magnified so I have found this board.
but please excuse my typos and hope the Cyyber-knife/steroids and or Chemo soon helps gt that tumer off my optic nerve so i can make less typos LOL.

Last edited by snowmelts; 03-01-2009 at 05:02 PM.

Old 03-01-2009, 01:19 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

fufu HB Userfufu HB User

cancer treatments are probably the hardest thing you'll ever have to go through, though as difficult as it seems right now, try keeping a positive attitude. these treatments will give you plenty of unwanted symptoms, but can help you survive. after treatments are finished and you slowly resume a normal life you will be glad you did them. try to remember that without these treatments you probably have no chance of survival.
use your strength to fight this horrible disease, and be one of those people that we call survivors. best of luck to you.

Old 03-01-2009, 03:36 PM   #7
(female)

likekfc HB User
Wink Re: Looking for a friend\s to chat about living with Cancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fufu View Post
cancer treatments are probably the hardest thing you'll ever have to go through, though as difficult as it seems right now, try keeping a positive attitude. these treatments will give you plenty of unwanted symptoms, but can help you survive. after treatments are finished and you slowly resume a normal life you will be glad you did them. try to remember that without these treatments you probably have no chance of survival.
use your strength to fight this horrible disease, and be one of those people that we call survivors. best of luck to you.
Hi I am likekfc

I have small sell cancer and Justed started treatments alreasy spent 5 days in the hosp Having a real hard time of if

Old 03-02-2009, 03:59 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

snowmelts HB User

So how did the day go for you guys?????

Todays Cyber-Knife surgery went OK for me. was 4th time I think each time I DO gain more sight. Better eyesight has t0 be a good sign ,,right ???????
Both the home nurse and PT guy also came today.
Cyer-Knife surger0y.. in AM tomorrow and also all day Chemo..then WED last Cyber- knife surgery.
So what comes after that ??????????????????
More chemo of course every Tuesday (DOES THAT LAST FOREVER ????????) but what about the other days of the week ?????????????
Dr's are something that never see me..just tech's and nurses.
Nurse does want my son to come to final CYBER-KNIFE surgery so maybe we will get some info then

Old 03-02-2009, 04:01 PM   #9
(male)

dale2035 HB Userdale2035 HB User

Hi, lbentley,
I bet you would find the support from the log helpful. You probably would find lots of cancer survivors (like yourself) that are walking in shoes much like yours and are not giving up.

The clinic/hospital where you have been treated must have some support groups or be able to refer you. You can visit one and see if it feels like the kind of support you need...and probably put you in contact with people who need support FROM you...and you would be strong enough to give it. I did a fast google search and see that St. John Hospital has support groups. Maybe one of those fits...or they can provide a list if you do not already have one.

Hope the future is brighter when you make the next turn in the road.
Dale

Last edited by moderator2; 03-02-2009 at 04:08 PM. Reason: please, no discussion of moderator actions, as per the posting policy

Old 03-26-2009, 04:19 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

snowmelts HB User

So how is everyone now?
2 days After competeing all 6 of myCyber-Knife surgeries I suddenly became dizzy and passed out.. got taken to ER. Spent 8 days in hospital..they said anemic problem due to all the treatments. Dr ordered bed rest. Bed rest of 8 days.. not once out of bed in 6....weakened my legs and the rest of me. Home again all this week...but Stilll attended 6 hour Chemo sessions on Tuesday... Sight is all "funkied up" and can't see much right now. but Dr says lung AND brain spin off tumers ARE smaller.
Very exhusting situation, but at least a radiation and Cyber- knife break.
So thats the latest on me.

Old 03-29-2009, 07:25 AM   #11
(male)

cardinalcal HB User
Cool Re: Looking for a friend\s to chat about living with Cancer

Hi,God Bless.. I,m a 76 yr old male,who lost my wife to lung cancer, mar to nov of 08.I did hospice at home.On mar 13. 09, I found out I had liver cancer,same date as my wife.I have had 2 infusion chemeo. 2 weeks of the chemo pill,s.Which I quit after getting deathely sick and weak. Infusion slated for 4/1/09. I have stage 4, matastic, liver and stomach cancer,, w/ several growths. Had a cat scan say,s all canceroues. Soo infusion, and sick. No infusion ok ?? .... thank You..

Last edited by moderator2; 03-29-2009 at 07:27 AM. Reason: please do not post your email address in the public forums - instead, use the private messaging system

Old 03-29-2009, 09:46 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

snowmelts HB User

cardinalcal welcome to the boards. Feel free to post for moral support anytime.

Your cancer sounds so painful.

Mine is non-small cell stage 4 lung cancer with spin off brain tumors... life threatening and awakward for sure... but so far not physically painful.

Keep us updated as to how you are doing.

Last edited by snowmelts; 03-29-2009 at 09:50 AM.

Old 03-30-2009, 06:22 AM   #13
(male)

cardinalcal HB User

Hi, ,thank you for the reply to my post.I,ve had 1 infusion and 10 day,s of the chemo. pills, which was sickening, and painful, and losss of hair. Quite both, a week ago and feelnfine again ,,no pain, normal me. Cal

Old 03-30-2009, 07:41 AM   #14
(male)

RichNYC HB User

Hi LikeKFC,

I am so sorry to hear that your treatments are hard. I just joined this I have cancer club about Feb. 24, 2009. I wound up in the hospital for treatment of a burst appendix and the doctor came to me one day and said... Good news - we've cleaned up the peritonitis nicely, bad news - we found a cancer, lymphoma, but we believe we were able to clean it all out... but you wil need to go thru chemotherapy treatments.

I still don't know how I reacted, or if I'm finished reacting. This all happened about a week after being laid off of a good job that I managed to have for 14mos, and was really hoping I could be promoted to a permanent status.

I have done my 1st treatment in my left arm veins, and 5 days of treatment pills. God is Blessing me so, that I really haven't suffered pains, nausea, loss of hair... but I haven't seen a solid stool since I can't remember. I know that I should not be complaining, and I'm not! But it's just that I don't know anyone else with cancer of any kind... actually there was a young man (18) in my church who also had lymphoma... but his spread and he is now no longer with us.... I am very afraid that that may be how I end up also, and it is very hard moving through my life, knowing that I have a disease that may cause it to end sooner than it should.... well, that's my story.... what's your's

Old 03-31-2009, 06:28 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

snowmelts HB User

Hope everyone is OK this evening/
I'm reading of so many diff treatments for so many diff cancers! I never knew all this.

I basically Just got home from my Tuesday chemo. Get Chemo via IV thru my surgical port from 9:30 am till 4:30 pm every Tues in diff city, I'm almost half way my first 6 month round of weekly Chemo. I think next week is 3 month a since my DX. But the first 2 weeks were ih a hospital so I don't know if that period of chemo counts in the 6 months or not.

Also got a shot for my anemia tonight. Hopefully that shot will help my fallen energy level this week.

Closed Thread