It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain Tumors Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2009, 11:26 AM   #1
(male)

markypoopy HB User
help

i didnt know where to post this..

okay, so its a long story. Ive been having irregular symtoms for around 6 weeks and it started with pain in my ear like it was about to explode. However in the past 3 days my symptoms have got alot more bizzare. Ive seen 4 different doctors and they say im fine. I have a ENT appointment booked but i know they will say everythings fine.

here is a list of my symptoms.

-dizziness (not like room spinning but feeling dreamy)

-ear popping / pain (first felt like they were going to explode, and now feels like blood is rushing to my ear drums like when on a plane, however all checks on my ears show there fine)

-stiffness in neck
-extreme fatigue (not slept in 3 days / nights)
-irrational thoughts (fear of falling asleep as i fear i wont wake up)
-stomach pain and cramps
-constapation
-pain in chest
-shortness of breathe
-random stabbing pains in body at random times. like a needlem often legs
-body jerking awake
-thoughts and fears of tumors and brain hemmorages
-confusion and some short term memory loss
-numb hands just after waking up
-numbness across body
-going hot and cold randomly
-red rash like insect bites when hot
-throbbing vien in temple of head

i have smoked cannabis before in the past around 2 months ago which is why it could be panic attacks. All the doctors ive seen have done tests saying im healthy, with normal blood pressure. they have done tests to rule out brain tumors etc but no CT scan. I personally would feel alot happier after having a ct scan as i do fear i have a brain hemmorage or something and i feel like im physically ill and its not in my head like the doctors think.

the doctors belive i have anxiety and panic attacks, but im not sure. i feel like im in a dream 24/7. What is wrong with me? sometimes i feel like im loosing my mind.

anyone with the same symptoms or answers please help , thanks x

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-05-2009, 11:48 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

AnnD HB UserAnnD HB User
Re: help

First what medications has any of those doctors suggested or given you? and have you tired them. If they think you are having anxiety attacks they must of given you something for that and if they did then try it and see if it helps. I mean you do have to at least try things before you move on to CAT scan. Anxiety can cause all kinds of symptoms. So first try whatever they suggested and if nothing works then you have ruled out things so when you go back you can say with authority that you have tried this and that and it didn't help or it did help. Good luck.

Old 04-05-2009, 04:14 PM   #3
(male)

markypoopy HB User

i havent been given anything just people telling me in fine and theres nothing wrong with me. I know im not imagining this and even if i was surely i would have been refered to a psychologist or something.

thanks alot anyways

Old 04-05-2009, 04:41 PM   #4
(male)

greengrass HB User

Do you take any medication for any other ailment? Do you do any other recreational drugs?

Old 04-06-2009, 01:03 PM   #5
(male)

markypoopy HB User

no nothing else, i had my blood test back and they said nothing was wrong too.

Old 04-06-2009, 01:21 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

bethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB User

You might want to investigate Lyme disease...sometimes stressors like drug use, injuries, or illness compromise the immune system which in turn would aggravate an existing bacterial infection, whether it be dormant or active.

Bethsheba

Old 04-06-2009, 01:29 PM   #7
(male)

greengrass HB User

did the doctors just check to see if there was an infection. You may need to ask if you could have a imbalance of some sort. Could be hormonal imbalance or a vitamine dificiency.

I think there is more than 1 thing going on with you, some symptoms point towards anxiety and the others to what I said above.

Get the anxiety treated first then you can figure out what the other problem is.

I would also look at your environment too, do you live alone? if not are there other people with similar complaints?

Check for tiny gas leaks (carbon manoxide causes some of the symptoms), check the water supply (no dead birds or rats in your cold water storage tank).

Old 04-06-2009, 02:29 PM   #8
(male)

markypoopy HB User

i live with my family and there all ok with none of these symptoms. iv no idea how to get rid of aneixty and im sure its that mixed with something physical. ive not been giving any anti aniexty drugs.

Old 04-06-2009, 03:22 PM   #9
(female)

peachplumpear HB User

i am by no means a doctor or well educated in the field of medicine, but i do have anxiety attacks so i know that you can convince yourself of a lot of untrue things when you have them. i felt like i was in a dream 24/7 too, and thought i was losing my mind. i don't know about your other symptoms, but i hope it makes you feel like you are not alone with regards to what i have just said.

good luck.

Old 04-06-2009, 09:48 PM   #10
(female)

criderglore03 HB User

It definately sounds like panic atacks or anxiety to me. I have them and have every single symptom listed except for the ear thing. I get the stabbing pains all over my body...you are tired from being so worked up over all of this. Having panic attacks can REALLY drain you. The rash when you get hot sounds like hives. When I panic I get a hives like rash across my chest. I take xanax for my panic attacks and it helps alot. Try not to think about it so much. I know it's easier said than done! Take in long deep breaths through your nose and exhale slowly through your mouth. This will help calm you down alot. Hope this helps!

Old 04-07-2009, 11:16 AM   #11
(female)

22dreams HB User

Marky,

It actually does sound like the wonderful world of Lyme Disease.
As Bethsheba stated, a series of stressors to the immune system can bring lyme out.

I have been diagnosed w/Lyme and another tick-borne co-infection along with many others I now know.

Your symptoms are COMMON among lyme patients so I would STRONGLY suggest visiting the lyme board for suggestions on Lyme-Literate doctors in your area.

NOTE: there is NO test in existence to RULE OUT lyme disease.

The concept of Occam's Razor may apply.
The simplest answer (fewest possible causes for multiple symptoms) is usually the answer.

Lyme is a multi-system disease and is often the root cause of many imbalances that could contribute to your symptomology.

I hope you sleuth this out and get on the road to recovery.

Hang in there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by markypoopy View Post
i didnt know where to post this..

-dizziness (not like room spinning but feeling dreamy)

-ear popping / pain (first felt like they were going to explode, and now feels like blood is rushing to my ear drums like when on a plane, however all checks on my ears show there fine)

-stiffness in neck
-extreme fatigue (not slept in 3 days / nights)
-irrational thoughts (fear of falling asleep as i fear i wont wake up)
-stomach pain and cramps
-constapation
-pain in chest
-shortness of breathe
-random stabbing pains in body at random times. like a needlem often legs
-body jerking awake
-thoughts and fears of tumors and brain hemmorages
-confusion and some short term memory loss
-numb hands just after waking up
-numbness across body
-going hot and cold randomly
-red rash like insect bites when hot
-throbbing vien in temple of head

Last edited by 22dreams; 04-07-2009 at 11:25 AM.

Closed Thread