HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Brain Tumors (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/brain-tumors/)
-   -   answers (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/brain-tumors/685406-answers.html)

Imissmyhorsegus 04-08-2009 04:14 PM

answers

I saw my nurologist and she looked at the mri films. she wasnt sure what exactly the tumor was either. she had troble finding it thank god! God is good!but she admited im not a nuro-cancer dr for a consult and since the results are still so shaky she asked me to see also a md Eye dr for checking of glacoma. since my vision has been bluring alot. she did say its just in the skull my nurolagist and in her words brain is good!

The headaches have been causing me to pass out as migrains sometimes can cause that in rare cases..

for now i see the nuro-cancer dr for a evaluation of the tumor on may 8th. i bring the films and the report.

:)

SamQKitty 04-08-2009 08:06 PM

Re: answers

Well, I don't have any pearls of wisdom to offer you, and I unfortunately don't know much about neurological problems (other than stroke), but I just wanted to pop in here and wish you luck. One thing that I do believe is in your favor is that if this is so small that it's difficult to even see, then the chances are good that even if it is cancer (which it may not be), it's not super agressive and may be amenable to surgery.

I can tell you from my own experiences that waiting for the appointments is one of the hardest things to do! But do try to stay calm, since worrying will only wear you down and you may need your strength to face whatever treatment you might need. And be sure to bring someone with you to the appointment who can take notes and just be another set of ears. It's often difficult to remember every single thing the doctor said once you walk out of the office.

Ruth

snowmelts 04-09-2009 04:07 PM

[QUOTE=Imissmyhorsegus;3949802]I saw my nurologist and she looked at the mri films. she wasnt sure what exactly the tumor was either. she had troble finding it thank god! God is good!but she admited im not a nuro-cancer dr for a consult and since the results are still so shaky she asked me to see also a md Eye dr for checking of glacoma. since my vision has been bluring alot. she did say its just in the skull my nurolagist and in her words brain is good!

The headaches have been causing me to pass out as migrains sometimes can cause that in rare cases..

for now i see the nuro-cancer dr for a evaluation of the tumor on may 8th. i bring the films and the report.

:)[/QUOTE]
I hope you came out OK on that?
Can you update us?
I know nothing about nuro-cancer dr's

My Dr ..well major Dr is an oncologist. Dx was just Jan 5 2009 So am new at all this I have non-smalll cell lung stage 4 + spin off brain tumors pressing on my optical nerve...yep sight is a royal messy ness mess.
Sight..although a mess.. very very bad sght but some is better than none. does exist again (left side sight left in jan..glad it's back) in my left eyesight side after after 6 Cyber-Knife surgeries and lot of spot radiatiom (oh yeah I also do Chemo weekly and take speciial steriod pills too help control brain swelling twice a day.

Imissmyhorsegus 04-10-2009 03:43 AM

[QUOTE=SamQKitty;3950045]Well, I don't have any pearls of wisdom to offer you, and I unfortunately don't know much about neurological problems (other than stroke), but I just wanted to pop in here and wish you luck. One thing that I do believe is in your favor is that if this is so small that it's difficult to even see, then the chances are good that even if it is cancer (which it may not be), it's not super agressive and may be amenable to surgery.

I can tell you from my own experiences that waiting for the appointments is one of the hardest things to do! But do try to stay calm, since worrying will only wear you down and you may need your strength to face whatever treatment you might need. And be sure to bring someone with you to the appointment who can take notes and just be another set of ears. It's often difficult to remember every single thing the doctor said once you walk out of the office.

Ruth[/QUOTE]

Thank you and god bless you for your words of advice ruth.:)you are very wise:)

Imissmyhorsegus 04-10-2009 03:51 AM

[QUOTE=snowmelts;3951013]I hope you came out OK on that?
Can you update us?
I know nothing about nuro-cancer dr's

My Dr ..well major Dr is an oncologist. Dx was just Jan 5 2009 So am new at all this I have non-smalll cell lung stage 4 + spin off brain tumors pressing on my optical nerve...yep sight is a royal messy ness mess.
Sight..although a mess.. very very bad sght but some is better than none. does exist again (left side sight left in jan..glad it's back) in my left eyesight side after after 6 Cyber-Knife surgeries and lot of spot radiatiom (oh yeah I also do Chemo weekly and take speciial steriod pills too help control brain swelling twice a day.[/QUOTE]

Snowmelts god bless you for your kind concern. I dont see the nuro-cancer dr until may 8th They at this point are not sure what this is. or what may be causing the blurry vision but my nurolagist does not think the 2 are connected. so i have to see a true eye dr. the kind that checks for such things as glacoma:( I tried some flor.essance last night but it made me very ill. probably because im on antiseizure meds:( I was just trying to srink this on my own. probably a dangerous idea unmedically supervised! so up till now ive been to sick to post. i will keep you updated