It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain Tumors Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2009, 03:22 AM   #1
(male)

Hedgehog1982 HB User
shaky eye+ear buzzing=scared of brain tumor

Hi everyone, 25 year old male here.
I'm worrying a bit. For the past couple of days I've had a shaky left eyeball. It's not my eyelid, but really the eyeball itself. When I close my other "good" eye and wait till I get some shakes in the left one again, I really see my computer screen shaking making my eye unable to focus on something.
I've been having some occasional ear buzzing too the past weeks. And with occasionally I mean maybe once per day for a few seconds. Sometimes a dy goes by where no buzzing appears.

I'm the kind of person that easily worries about his health. And I've read some stuff about serious neurological conditions being the cause of a shaky eyeball, like a brain tumor. I'm really worried here. I remember in the past (5 years ago) I thought I had a brain tumor too. The doc made me do some simple tests like touching your nose with your eyes closed, walk foot by heel on a line, close your eyes and stretch your arms to see if you hold them at same height. When I do these myself, there is nothing wrong. But still...

I don't have nausea however (well sometimes I do, but it's not really a "I want to vomit" kind of nausea. it's very mild). I also am a bit dizzy from time to time but it's not that I cant walk normally or that I walk like a drunk.

Should I worry? Or could some very innocent things be the cause of what I feel?
Any answers would be nice. I know you're probably not doctors, but I'd still like to hear some opinions.

EDIT: by the way: there have been no cases of brain tumors in my family as far as I know. I'm also allergic to most trees in the spring giving me itchy eyes. But I've been having that for years and I can't remember having shaky eyeballs before.

Last edited by Hedgehog1982; 04-14-2009 at 03:43 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-14-2009, 05:36 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

bethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB User
Re: shaky eye+ear buzzing=scared of brain tumor

Welcome to the boards, hedgehog!

I wouldn't worry but I think it may be wise to be concerned...there may be several conditions that could cause the symptoms you're describing, but the one I am most familiar with would be a bacterial infection called Borrelia burgdorferi which can also come with other "bugs".

This infection is found all over the world but is epidemic in the northeastern US, some parts of the Midwest, and along the coastal areas. Based on the posts coming out of the UK, I would suspect it is epidemic there as well.

Most doctors know little, if anything, about this infection. I suggest you do a considerable amount of reading before seeking out medical advice...

Bethsheba

Old 11-03-2009, 06:01 PM   #3
(female)

Kristeena HB User

I do not know when you posted this, but I completely disagree with Bethsheba. A doctor may really know what is going on and it is a good possibility that he or she does not. Always, if there is a concern with your body, consult a doctor. Don't let it continue because you never know. I am sorry to say that I do not know what is happening with you. I was just on here looking for a condition that may be similar to a friend of mine. She has poor vision and shaky eyes. I want to help her find the true cause, and then I am going help her pay her medical expenses. I just want to figure it out.

Thanks,
Kristeena

Please do see a doctor if you have not already.

Old 11-04-2009, 12:03 AM   #4
(female)

Lily68 HB User

Hi Hedgehog,
I agree with Kristeena. Go and see a doctor; have it checked out. Hopefully it will put your mind at rest.

Closed Thread