It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain Tumors Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2009, 02:13 PM   #1
(male)

blues1986 HB User
Brain Tumor?

I am a 22 year old male. For the last week and a half I have noticed a mild headache that does not go away with medication. It is in the same spot 75% of the time. I have also noticed that my pupils might be larger than normal. They still react to light and darkness, but they both seem larger. One pupil is NOT larger than the other thank god, they are both the same.

I noticed that the headaches stays the same in intensity throughout the day. Generally in the morning is when it is the least noticed. When I workout the headache is not felt at all.

What do you think? Could this be a tumor on my brain?

I am seeing my doctor Thursday, and I just want to get some feedback before I go in.... thanks.

Old 05-09-2009, 03:27 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User
Re: Brain Tumor?

I wouldn't jump to the conclusion of a brain tumor!
When was the last time you had your eyes checked?
It could be something simple as your eyes have changed, you need glasses, or if you already wear them, you may need a different prescription.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-09-2009, 03:48 PM   #3
(male)

blues1986 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosequartz View Post
I wouldn't jump to the conclusion of a brain tumor!
When was the last time you had your eyes checked?
It could be something simple as your eyes have changed, you need glasses, or if you already wear them, you may need a different prescription.
I have just gotten new glasses three months ago. Today I met with my optometrist, who also happens to be a great family friend, and I ran down the symptoms to him, his first reaction was that it was not being caused by anything eye related. This man has been doing this for thirty years so I trust him.

He did tell me to write a journal 'til my doctors appointment when the headache occurs.

I should also mention that I have high blood pressure, and this was the original reason for going to the doctors.

Old 05-09-2009, 05:02 PM   #4
(female)

punkyangel HB User

hi ive also had these problems and many more and i had migraines they can make you feel very poorly

Old 05-12-2009, 03:16 PM   #5
(male)

blues1986 HB User

The headache has moved to directly behind both eye. Could this be a sinus infection??

Old 05-12-2009, 08:15 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

yep that sounds like a sinus headache. Why not try an over the counter sinus pill and see if it helps

Old 05-14-2009, 08:05 PM   #7
(male)

blues1986 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosequartz View Post
yep that sounds like a sinus headache. Why not try an over the counter sinus pill and see if it helps
Doctor told me it seems like I have a sinus infection and put me back on antibiotics... already feeling better.

Old 05-14-2009, 08:10 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

great news!
and a lot less serious than a brain tumor!!!

Closed Thread