It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain Tumors Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2009, 11:35 AM   #1
(female)

bekkieboop89 HB User
Exclamation Could be a tumor behind the optic nerve, brain tumor. Any advice/pats on the back?

Hey everyone!

I've had eye problems for a long time, and last Wednesday I went to see a Neuro-Ophthalmologist. She couldn't figure out why my vision in my left eye wasn't as good as it could be (I had a cataract removed from that eye 4 years ago), essp. considering my age (I'm 20).

I'm being sent to get an MRI of my brain, becasue she said there could be a tumor on/near the optic nerve. At the same time, she said may have a Calcium Level problem in my blood, and I'm getting that tested too.

I'm normally not a jumpy type of person, but when the words "tumor" and "radiation" were said to me I felt like I had been run over by a truck. Brain tumors 'run in the family' you could say (My Grandmother and her 3 sisters died of brain cancer, and now 2 of my 4 aunts have the same thing). Also, my Father had cancer when he was 40, he won that battle, but I remember how horrible it was for him.

I'm pretty scared; but I don't want to freak out my family, so I'd rather come here to sort of "vent".

Has anyone had a tumor behind their opic nerve? How did your experience play out?

Hope everyone is doing well today, take care all! XOXO!

Old 05-16-2009, 04:45 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

vh90453 HB User
Re: Could be a tumor behind the optic nerve, brain tumor. Any advice/pats on the back

I'm sorry I can't help you at all, I know absolutely zilch about brain tumors, but I have experienced the awful anxiety that goes with worrying about your health. All I can say is I hope everything works out OK for you and that the MRI is clear.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread