It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain Tumors Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2009, 10:38 AM   #1
(male)

Tinman12 HB User
Possible brain tumor?

Over the past month or so I have been experiencing the following symptoms:

- Erratic headaches: nothing lasting more than an hour and nothing too painful. Just a dull headache, more on the left/back side of my head. Some mornings I wake up with a small headache, but as soon as I'm up and moving it goes away. Sometimes feel pains in back of neck near my head.

- Weak and tingling muscles in legs and arms. Legs and arms have been twitching more often than usual. They feel like "noodles". This comes and goes, too.

- Periods of light headiness, and off and on dizzy feeling. When I'm working sometimes it feels hard to concentrate.

- Sudden numb feeling in feet, hands/fingers and parts of leg; sometimes feel short periods of numbness in back and side of head.

I haven't felt any nausea, or lost weight or had my appetite wane. I have felt more heartburn than usual and have reduced my exercising because I generally feel these symptoms following a workout. For the past 3-4 days I have felt much better, but then I woke up again today and feel like I'm back at square one.

I have seen my GP 3 times this month, and he ran some blood tests to rule out anemia, thyroid problems and blood sugar issues. I asked him about neurological problems and brain tumors and if they might be the cause and he didn't think so, but if my symptoms were still present in two weeks he would send me for some scan tests. He thought the symptoms were related to an inner-ear virus that may be affecting my equilibrium. He says they can last anywhere from a week to two months.

About two years ago I had sleep paralysis that I thought might be sleep seizures and saw a neurologist. I went for an MRI and EEG testing and they both came back normal.

So, do these symptoms sound like a possible brain tumor? If I had an MRI/EEG done two years ago, is it possible that a tumor could grow since then, or have gone unnoticed in the tests?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-28-2009, 04:28 PM   #2
(female)

Monielo HB User
Re: Possible brain tumor?

Anything is possible. Have another MRI done! Early detection is the key.

Closed Thread