It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain Tumors Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2010, 11:08 PM   #1
(male)

Brandinham HB User
How tough is the thinking gadget?

I'm a former drug abuser and I would like to no what I did to myself. Sure I smoked weed but it was the meth that did me in. I smoked that **** for at least 2.5 years strait. After I quit, because it was getting to much, I started drinking for at least 5 years STRAIT!!! Now my brother whom smoked even more then me and has drank as long as I have, does not have the conditions I do. To explain clearer, I wigged out, toyed violently with my mind and I just thought to fast and to deep to the point I lost control of myself. Its easy to lose control and commonsense when your high as a kite. It felt like I was being hollowed out. Goodbye sex. My brother was calm and and had nothing traumatic happened to him while he was under the influence. I know that most of my problems are physiological but it feels like my mind has been dislodged and I have pain in areas of my head. Can simple or even extreme cases of physiological disorders cause damage to the brain? Can the brain damage it self? Can simple thinking even cause it to be damaged? Can these problems lead to tumors or any other life threatening causes? I asked a councilor once and she said over use of my mind would just make me tired and the drugs just dissipated faster. I understand that brain cells don't heal because of the coarse of evolution did not require it, simply because unlike our skin for example, the brain was not readily exposed to damage. Plus if the brain were to grow new cells it would be scar tissue and that would cause more trouble in the bubble. I do know that it does rewire it self by using detours and the growth of dendrites. Right now I'm sober as a priest on Sunday and WILL remain that way. But my recovery has only began. I would like to no more about the natural healing ability of the human mind. What kind of punishment can the brain take? I ask this for closure.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread