It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain Tumors Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2010, 12:54 PM   #1
(female)

amy1021 HB User
CT scan and MRI

Hey,
It's almost a month until my EEG and I'm really starting to get anxious about it. I'm probably (most likely) being paranoid, but since I've had a seizure when I hadn't the slightest clue that I would even have one before, I think it's okay to be a little paranoid.

After I had that grand mal seizure I had a CT scan done at emergency and I was told everything looked normal. Since then I've been wondering - should I have an MRI done as well? I've read that sometimes CT scans do not pick up certain brain tumors that an MRI would. I'm concerned because a lot of things I've been experiencing seems likely that I could have temporal lobe epilepsy, but I'm also wondering if the epilespy itself could be caused be a tumor.

Around the same time I started having simple partial seizures, I also started having reoccurring twitches in my left eye, and recently I've noticed a twitch in my left hand. I've also had pressure headaches, right where my temporal lobes are located, but, again, there seems to be twice as much pressure on the left lobe. Additionally, I've had many personality and mood changes.

Is this cause for concern? Should I push the neuro to schedule me for an MRI? I realize all these symptoms could be caused by temporal lobe epilepsy, and probably is, but I can't shake this feeling that it could be more.

Old 03-29-2010, 08:48 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Art_930 HB User
Re: CT scan and MRI

Hi Amy - I'm sure that your neuro is already thinking of an MRI depending on what your EEG shows. Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread