HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Brain Tumors (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/brain-tumors/)
-   -   Here's my basic info: (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/brain-tumors/749166-heres-my-basic-info.html)

dazeman27 05-14-2010 01:45 PM

Here's my basic info:

Nice to see that so many people have a similar issue, but still doesn't make me very happy if most people haven't found a real solution yet.

I'm in the Air Force so I think it makes it even harder for me. I have to go to these doctors and tell them something's wrong with me at a risk of losing my job if something is. I've stopped caring about that though; I have to find out the cause so I'm going to keep going to the doctor regardless of the potential consequence. It's been very hard to just deal with this problem for 8 years while working a physical technical job and pretending like nothing is wrong.

Here's my basic info:

2002-2003
First time I noticed severe symptoms:
Symptoms:
-balance/coordination problems
-tingling/slight numbness left arm/left side of face
-twitching eye/pressure in head and eyes
-extreme brain fog/ memory problems
-disorientation
-dream like state/outer body experience
- high levels of anxiety
-developed high amounts of eye floaters (optometrist said itís normal most likely)
-fizzing sound in back of neck/skull on occasion
*symptoms resembled an outer body experience like I was living someone elseís life. Felt like when I looked at my arm that it wasnít my arm. High levels of anxiety and stress. Difficulty performing simple tasks or remembering simple words.

Tests:
-blood work/STD tests
-CT scan for tumors

Treatment:
-Wellbutrin
*symptoms seemed to improve, but came back after about 6 months so I stopped taking the anti depressant.

-Symptoms have come and gone since the initial appearance. Sometimes lasting for months and then subsiding for months but lately theyíre almost always there.

2 years ago symptoms- present (almost constant):

Symptoms:
-neck stiffness and pain
-popping in neck and very stiff and tight at base of skull
-shoulder and upper back stiffness and pain
-excessive sweating
-balance/coordination problems
-tingling/slight numbness left arm/left side of face
-twitching eye/pressure in head and eyes
-extreme brain fog/memory problems
-disorientation
-dream like state/outer body experience
- high levels of anxiety
-developed high amounts of eye floaters (optometrist said itís normal most likely)
-fizzing sound in back of neck/skull on occasion

Tests:
-blood work/STD tests
-MRI to look for MS (negative)
* some of the symptoms subside from time to time but the neck stiffness is constant. Upon waking up, some of my other symptoms are less severe but the upper neck stiffness is very bad

(Oct 2008):
-received antibiotic for nasal infections. Problems seemed to improve a little but got worse again within a week of mediciation.

Afghanistan(2008-2009May):
-Problems with pressure escaping in left ear. When I would fly on mail planes, rapid elevation changes caused extreme pain and disorientation in my head and left ear had extreme pain below the ear and would not release pressure.

Current:

- Symptoms persist for the most part

- Stopped smoking and drinking alcohol 01Mar2010 in hopes of some improvement in some of my symptoms but so far theyíve worsened. The anxiety has gotten very severe since Iíve stopped smoking and drinking.

*Iím beginning to think that the reason I was drinking and smoking so much for the last 7 years is a result of my symptoms and not necessarily a cause. I guess Iíve been self medicating with substance abuse after failing to get a proper diagnosis.

If anyone has same situation and has found a good solution, please let me know. I'm interested to investigate the lyme disease testing. Haven't had that done