It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain Tumors Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2010, 11:53 AM   #1
(female)

HoneyBeeM HB User
Strange Headaches

Just discovered this board when doing a search for answers to my questions. I can never find exactly what I am experiencing, so I thought I would create my own topic and see if anyone else can relate. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

No health problems. I have been in glasses for nearly ten years now - never had an issue before. I usually never get headaches.

Recently, though, I have been experiencing some weird headaches. For about two weeks now, I get the same type of headache every night in the same area. It's always behind my right eye, and I feel a lot of pressure. When I wake up in the morning, the headache is always gone...only to return again the next evening. I can feel the pressure building all day, until I've got the headache at night.

I went to my eye doctor, and she told me that my vision in my right eye had changed, while the vision in my left eye remained the same. I've always had the same strength prescription in both eyes - but now the right is -3.75 while the left is still -3.50. She said there was no sign of brain tumors or anything like that.

My new glasses are on order, but I am worried that the headaches won't go away even with a new prescription. Has anyone had this experience before? I am about to start law school...with intensive reading...so I am probably more worried about this than I would normally be.

Old 07-21-2010, 12:42 PM   #2
(female)

MichelleP12 HB User
Re: Strange Headaches

Hi there HoneyBee. A condition called Cluster Headaches can appear at the same time each night. I have them; but mine are the chronic type that mostly never go away. They are extremely painful.

Michelle
p.s. really they're excruciating and have been referred to as the most painful condition known.

Last edited by moderator2; 07-21-2010 at 06:20 PM. Reason: please do not post websites except as described in the Posting Policy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread