It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain Tumors Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2010, 05:18 PM   #1
(female)

becky254 HB User
Red face maybe seizures

I had been having muscle twiching for five weeks now it will not stop.
I keep having really bad headaches, loss of balance, feeling my head spin to the point that i feel that i will fall down on the ground. I been having the muscle twiching on my arm, neck, legs, wrist, I know that is not normal to have it for over 4 weeks. My doctor does not know why i am having those issues yet. Does anyone how if i am having seizures. please help me out on this thanks

Old 07-18-2010, 05:58 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User
Re: maybe seizures

becky254: Muscle twitching is a sign of magnesium deficiency. Do you drink alot of caffeine? If so, caffeine depletes the magnesium in you. See if your doctor will get you a toxic and non-toxic element test which will show what the magnesium level is.

If you think you're having seizures then get to a neurologist and get an EEG and MRI to see what's going on in the brain.

How old are you? Are you menopause age? Some of these symptoms come along with that.

Get checked for diabetes and hypoglycemia. You can be hypoglycemic and not be a diabetic. Hypo can make you dizzy. Do the symptoms go away if you have something to eat?

Hormones can play games with you too. They regulate your brain more than you know.
Are you exposed to any chemicals that could be causing problems? Smoke, perfume, gas fumes, mold, to name a few.

Being a female you're going to have more issues with your health because of the hormones. Get them checked if you can. The thing to look for is to see if you're Estrogen Dominant. Look it up and see all the symptoms that come with it. You won't believe what you find. It's the culprit to me having epileptic seizures along with menopause! It stinks!!!!!!!!!!!! Big time!!!!!!!!! You might have to get the hormones checked by an endocrinologist because most PCP's for Gyno's don't want to deal with them.

Getting back to the muscles twitching - try adding some magnesium supplements to your diet. You can also get more magnesium through nuts, dark chocolate and salmon and other fish. You'll know when you've got enough magnesium in you because you'll end up with loose stools.

The headaches - are they migraines? Migraines are right in the same catagory as seizures. Seizure meds are prescribed for migraines. It's another thing to do with the hormones!!!!!!!!!

I'll try to answer any more questions you might have.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-18-2010, 06:02 PM   #3
(male)

webartethan HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky254 View Post
I had been having muscle twiching for five weeks now it will not stop.
I keep having really bad headaches, loss of balance, feeling my head spin to the point that i feel that i will fall down on the ground. I been having the muscle twiching on my arm, neck, legs, wrist, I know that is not normal to have it for over 4 weeks. My doctor does not know why i am having those issues yet. Does anyone how if i am having seizures. please help me out on this thanks
Is there a pattern of times they are happenning. Like what type of activitys are you doing around the times they happen.

Old 07-18-2010, 07:30 PM   #4
(female)

becky254 HB User

i am 28 years old i drink one soda a day. I have been already checked for blood work and it came out normal. I get headaches mostly every day and i get migraines if i don't sleep well. I haven't been exposed to any chemicals at all. The symptoms that i have are all day and they does not go away after i get something to eat. What are epileptic seizures?? The meds that i take for controlling my migraines can treat seizures and migraines .

Last edited by becky254; 07-18-2010 at 07:31 PM.

Old 07-18-2010, 07:37 PM   #5
(male)

webartethan HB User

I can just think that it might have something to do with the meds. It might be throwing off you neurological or muscle chemeical balance and causing the muscle twiching

Old 07-18-2010, 10:55 PM   #6
(female)

becky254 HB User

what is a full neurological work up??

Old 07-19-2010, 08:45 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky254 View Post
what is a full neurological work up??
Becky254: A full neurological workup includes getting an MRI, and EEG and maybe even a 24-48 hour EEG to see if there is any electrical activity going on in the brain. They'll also do blood work to see if there is anything like diabetes or other foreign substances in your blood that could be causing the problems.

Epileptic seizures are caused from many different things. Some people get them after having head trauma, car accidents, encephalitis, or even have them from birth. I know someone who got them because the umbilical cord was wrapped around her head at birth.

There are many different kinds of seizures. Grand Mal, petit mal, complex partial, simple partial, to name a few.

It's abnormal electrical activity in the brain and the brain cells are misfiring and can cause you to lose consciousness and black out and not remember what you've done.

People that have migraines sometimes feel nauseated and have the horrible head pain.

Sometimes meds work for the seizures and sometimes they don't. They don't work for me. Mine are caused by hormone fluctuations due to menopause. My type of epilipsy is called Catamenial Epilepsy. It can start at either puberty or menopause. Some people outgrow it as the brain goes through the changes with the hormones changing.

Sometimes people can get seizures just from smelling perfume or chemicals.

Get the MRI and EEG done and start there and go for the hormones next.

Old 07-19-2010, 03:19 PM   #8
(female)

becky254 HB User

Thanks for the info about the test that i will be having. Can falling off my bike and hitting my head on the ground a couple months ago lead to seizures? The hospital never did a ex ray on my head a couple days after i fell. I have noticed that my thinking and my headaches/migraines have got worse from that. Should the hospital have done the ex ray when i went their for chest pain that i was having after falling off my bike?

Old 07-19-2010, 05:13 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Becky254: Were you wearing a helmet when you fell off of the bike? If you were, then they probably didn't do a head exam thinking that the helmet saved you from damage. If you weren't wearing a helmet you could have done some damage there and possibly even gotten a concussion. Any type of head damage can cause seizures, headaches, migraines, nausea and dizziness. You could have fluid on the brain from this type of injury. They need to make sure you don't have any pressure, cysts, tumors or anything that could be causing problems. If you take medicine for it and there's still a problem that hasn't been resolved then the meds aren't going to do you much good. Good luck.

Old 07-20-2010, 08:52 AM   #10
(female)

becky254 HB User

I was not wearing a helmet when i fell off my bike. The day after i noticed that i had a bump on my right side of my head. I might have had a concussion from falling right on my head. I had went over my handle bars and hit my head on the ground i also hurt my chest from falling on my head and my elbow. Since then i always wear my helmet i don't want to get hurt more than i did before or worse.

Closed Thread