It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain Tumors Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2010, 07:39 AM   #1
(male)

mbeylis HB User
Split Second Black Outs

Hello,

I was playing soccer yesterday and hand an situation where I blacked out for a split second, one minute I was running for the ball and the next minute I was on the ground. There don't seem to be any symptoms or warning signs to it happening. What can be the cause of this? From what I have read there have been suggestions of Heat Stroke and Dehydration (it was a hot day)

What concerns me though is that this is not the only time I have experienced such an occurrence. Very often when I am swimming in the sea and get hit by a wave I experience this same split second black out and the waves don't need to be big, can even be like waist high. Its more that sudden impact that seems to set me off. Could this be related to blood pressure. I have been to the Doctor before and he can't seem to identify it. The only thing he could pick up was possible under active thyroid. My Blood pressure and sugar levels were all fine during his tests

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Another thing I suffer from and am not sure if it is related is that when I go to bed at night for the first couple of minutes I experience uncontrollable spasms in my bodies, sort of jolts which can make my body move. Best I can put this down to from what I have read on the internet is adrenaline.

Any ideas thoughts on this

Thanks
Mark

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-02-2010, 08:18 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User
Re: Split Second Black Outs

mbeylis: Get a referral from your doctor to see a neurologist and get an EEG and MRI done to make sure it's not seizures you're having. The EEG can measure the electrical activity in the brain. You want to make sure you don't have any tumors on your brain.

Do you use alot of electronic devices? Cell phones, video games, computers, etc. They all emit EMF's and it tells right on the packages not to use Nintendo games if you've got seizures because it can cause them. Are you around fluorescent lights, chemicals, do you eat foods with MSG in them? They all cause problems with the nervous system.

Be careful if you're driving. You don't want to black out and have an accident.

You might want to also see if taking magnesium, selenium, Vit B6 and B12 can help you.
Magnesium helps with twitching and you'll know when you have enough of it in you because you'll have loose stools. Magnesium is depleted by caffeine too. B6 and B12 are good for the nervous system. Selenium is an antioxidant. I'm sure there is an answer out there somewhere. Don't give up.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-03-2010, 01:33 AM   #3
(male)

mbeylis HB User
Re: Split Second Black Outs

Hello,

The blackouts only seem to happen when I am doing physical activities - swimming, running etc and are not that frequent but frequent enough to raise my concern levels so yes I must check with my Doctor

As for electronic devices I am a programmer so am around PC's all day along

Also drink a lot of coffee too

Closed Thread