It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain Tumors Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2010, 06:12 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

AmandaB HB User
Dizzy/lightheaded, tingling fingers & toes and feeling sick...

I am so scared right now. I am a 39 year old Mum to 6 kids. For 2 months now I have been feeling dizy/lightheaded every single day. I have had a number of trips to my GP but they dismiss me saying that nothing obvious is wrong with me.

I had blood tests for a few things but the results came back as normal.

My last visit to the Dr was last week when I explained how now I was also feeling a tingling in my fingers and toes. They seemed to take little notice.

For 3 days now I feel sick on and off all day. Sometimes the lightheaded/dizzy feeling is so bad that I dont feel safe holding my 5 month old baby. I hate being alone with my children for fear that something bad may happen to me.

I have now convinced myself that I have a brain tumor and will be dead before Christmas. I have written Goodbye letters to my children (which was the most difficult thing I have had to do in my life so far) I feel that ill.

Anyone else feel this ill but have something not sinister wrong with them?

I want an MRI. Should I demand one?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-08-2010, 09:22 PM   #2
(female)

PAYNE HB User
Re: Dizzy/lightheaded, tingling fingers & toes and feeling sick...

I can understand your concern. I've had lots of thoughts about brain tumors ever since I read a book about a boy who had one.....I guess some of us are just that way. I think we do need to remember, first of all, that brain tumors are pretty rare.
That said, I know you're wondering what could be causing your lightheadedness, tingling, and other sickness. Do you mean nausea? There could be many other possible diagnoses.

I know it's frustrating for your doctors not to be taking you very seriously. Is it possible for you to go to a different doctor and start over? (I seem to think you folks have socialized medicine.) I think I would march back to a doctor, and tell him or her what's going on and how worried you are. And that you're fearful that you have a brain tumor....and then hear what the doctor says. You can certainly tell them you would like to have an MRI. I did have one doctor, years ago, who agreed to give me a CAT scan of my brain, saying, "Well, I guess we can spend some of your insurance money." My brain was fine....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-10-2010, 01:48 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Lulubells HB UserLulubells HB User

LOL! OK... this is going to probably rattle you OR make you laugh!

I have been on temporary disability for vertigo since June 30. I have had the worst case of vertigo that I ever saw or heard of. My symptoms went from light headiness to the total spinning thing and nausea was ever present rather I had the head/ear thing going on or not. I had the tingling down to my fingertips but not all the way to my feet. I felt like I had lost my center of gravity also and had become off balance. I suggest you find a ENT (ear, nose & Throat doctor) to see you and see if he can help you figure this out... take copies of all test results with you to see him.

In trying to find the cause and make sure it wasn't something in the inner ear, he ordered a MRI (with & without dye) and guess what they found on the MRI? LOL! I HAVE a brain tumor!! But don't freak out yet...PLEASE! The tumor is NOT what was causing the problem in my ear... I was lucky that I had that problem so that they did the MRI and found this tumor. It is a very small one, usually benign and slow growing so we are going to do nothing but MRI's on a regular schedule to watch it.

If you have had any sinus/allergy problems, it's a good chance what your problem is, is just vertigo. I had just gotten over a sinus infection about 6 week prior to this coming on me. When I called to book an appointment, the lady told me their office is being packed lately with this very thing... everybody is coming down with it. To further assure you some... I was in my 30's when I had my first vertigo attack and I was freaked out too!

Old 09-11-2010, 08:51 AM   #4
(female)

onepurplefairy HB User

If I were you I would demand an MRI thats why you have insurance and those doctors are there to help you. And quite frankly your story mirrors mine the tingling hand and feet the nasuea and do you get headaches pretty regular if so after the mri is done pick up a copy of the report for yourself and see if they found something called a chiari malformation if thats what they find your problem then will be finding someone who knows how to deal with it. My advice get the mri if you doc won't do it find someone who will

Closed Thread