It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain Tumors Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2010, 09:39 AM   #1
(female)

Kendra01 HB UserKendra01 HB User
Nausea after brain surgery

I'm trying to do some research for a close family friend. She had brain surgery about 2 months ago. They removed a benign tumor. Since then she has suffered extreme nausea and vomiting. She has stomach pain too. She has been in the hospital twice since the surgery and they cannot determine what is causing it.

Could it be a part of her brain was effected that makes you sick to the stomach? I have found so far that many things can be effected when they operate on your brain. Anyone else ever hear of this? She is desperate to get rid of the nausea and vomiting.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-26-2010, 09:29 AM   #2
(female)

shipscook1 HB User
Re: Nausea after brain surgery

Is she on an anti-seizure med? After two surgeries last year for benign brain tumors I was put on Dilantin, told this was routine.
Nausea was one on the many side effects of this med. Am just getting weaned off now, yippeee!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-27-2010, 02:31 PM   #3
(female)

Kendra01 HB UserKendra01 HB User

I don't know if she is taking meds or not. I'll check.

Thanks for the info. I hope it could be something so simple. She was in the hospital for over a week and they told her they don't know why she is nauseas. She's so sick. I really feel for her.

Old 10-14-2010, 04:02 PM   #4
(male)

RANDOL HB UserRANDOL HB UserRANDOL HB UserRANDOL HB User

I was also taking Dilantin after my surgery. I had a crainiotomy which is a surgery on the top of the head for a non-cancerious tumor. I did also have some nasious feeling but not much. What kind of surgery did you have if i may ask Shipcook?

Last edited by RANDOL; 10-14-2010 at 04:03 PM. Reason: Forgott name of contact

Old 10-15-2010, 02:42 AM   #5
(female)

shipscook1 HB User

had two surgeries for small benign tumors, six weeks apart. because of the locations they did not want to do both at once (too much time under).
Go in for a one year mri in a few weeks.
Am a week away from being done with dilantin--I had all the side effects, mouth sores, paranoia, fear, loss of apppetit, and all.

Old 10-15-2010, 02:28 PM   #6
(male)

Wow! How long did they have you under the first surgery? I was under for 5 hours which should of been 2-3 hours but they had complications with getting to the tumor and messed with my moter functions on my left side which i had to deal with after the surgery. As far as the Dilantin i didnt really have that many side effects that often but i did have side effects lol. Thanks ,till next time

Old 10-16-2010, 07:37 PM   #7
(female)

shipscook1 HB User

the first surgery was around four hours if I remember?
second was supposed to be about five, but into it there was a blood clot in my lung and it took about six or more.
Wow, woke up to the neuro team all watching me!
Go down for my yearly checkup/mri/etc. in a few weeks, will report back. Boy, a fun trip to Seattle, will include colonoscopy and endoscopy. Gosh too bad I already had my mammogram, what a day that could have been??
Best wishes to you,
Nan

Old 10-18-2010, 03:21 PM   #8
(male)

Wow! That simular thing happend to me with me waking up to the Dr. asking me if i can move my arm or leg and i was like um...what are you asking me,i just woke up and your asking me questions like that,it kinda scared me a lil lol. Also best of luck to you hun,keep us posted............Randy

Closed Thread