It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain Tumors Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2010, 08:59 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

neveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB User
Guess what stupid did this time..

So I'm sitting here getting ready for my appt with my rhematologist today whom I've been waiting 4 months to see, and they call and tell me that I missed my appt, that it was at 8:00 and that I cannot go back to him anymore because of. Now how in the world did I have it in my head it was at 3:00? I even looked in my appt book and it said 8:00 too. I am so mad at myself for being so freeking retarded.

The following user gives a hug of support to neveragain444:
mschevy (11-20-2010)
Old 10-08-2010, 09:28 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User
Re: Guess what stupid did this time..

well why the heck didn't they call you a day or 2 before your appointment to confirm the date and time, ESPECIALLY since you made the appt 4 months ago! most doctors offices call to confirm......even my vets office calls the day before I'm bringing my dog in, to confirm.....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-08-2010, 04:07 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

neveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB User

She kept saying she called me a couple of days ago and told me the appt was at 8:00 and she asked me if I remembered and I was like yeah but they called and talked to my daughter and left a message with her a week ago, last Friday, and I called back the first of the week and said that I would be at my appt friday, she did not call and tell me it was 8:00 but whatever, it was my mistake regardless, I had it written down it was 8:00, what in the world made me start thinking it was 3:00, rhematologists aren't even open after noon on Friday's, and there isn't anything I can do about it, so I called and asked my doctor for a referral elsewhere. I'm not sure though I can really cope with feeling like hell that much longer. I want to strangle myself and stop the pain but then I start thinking about my kids and can't do it. But I hate my life ..

Last edited by neveragain444; 10-08-2010 at 04:08 PM.

Old 10-08-2010, 08:52 PM   #4
(female)

pauline46 HB Userpauline46 HB User

I did that to one doctor. Thank God she didn't kick me out. It's the lupus head. What can we do? I'm so sorry that they dropped you for it. I do hope you can find another one.

Old 10-08-2010, 08:53 PM   #5
(female)

pauline46 HB Userpauline46 HB User

This doctor didn't call to remind me. I wish I could have blamed her. grrrrrrr

Old 10-09-2010, 06:51 AM   #6
Facilitator
(female)

VeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB User

Never, I'm so sorry you missed your appt. Did you get a new referral? But please try not to hate your life; maybe hate your problems, but not life, is what I mean. This should cheer you up: I once flew on a business trip to Chicago ONE DAY EARLY. Now you'd have thought someone would have stopped me, esp. the airline! I only realized my mistake when trying to check into hotel & couldn't. You're not alone, you have us! Many hugs, Vee

Old 10-11-2010, 09:27 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thanks, that is nice to know Vee.. I don't get why they didn't say if you pay for the missed appt, you can come back, I told them it wasn't intentional, I could tell she was very ****** off, but I was also very disapointed, how much do rhematologists charge for missed appts because I would like to take care of that even if I am not allowed to go back. Yes I already have another referral, and am waiting for the doctor to call back with my appt. I have enough doxycycline to last a month and half, I'll just take that until I see my primary care doc but I am not going to sit around waiting months and months for an appt and feel bad in the process until they can prescribe me something.

The memory issue really worries me. I also recently slammed my breaks to keep from hitting someone and came close to it, I ran a stop sign a road worker had up, and ran a stop light and almost hit someone again. There is so many other weird things I have went to but being unable to drive properly and my brain not functioning right and not telling me to do something that could stop me or someone else from getting killed, and early this morning I hallucinated a black figure that growled, and then it disappears, but then I start feeling something pulling at my sheets and I look and my cat isn't there. I can't believe this is just part of having MCTD.. I am taking chantix could be why I hallucinated but I've taken it two weeks straight without any problems.

Will an AI disease affect your brain?? I mean, really do something to it, like shrinkage, degeneration, kill off brain cells, cause tumors?

Old 10-12-2010, 10:56 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Oh I know I sound nuts, seeing things, lmao.. It's always when I am trying to sleep, has to be a sleep issue of partially being awake and asleep both. My grandpa and brother both have cerebral atrophy where your brain shrinks, so it can cause dementia too. I know I have symptoms but I don't know if something is wrong or it's just part of fatigue. If it is the fatigue, why didn't this start occuring when I first got sick, instead of 11 yrs later?

Old 11-19-2010, 11:15 AM   #9
(male)

guardguy HB User

Did you work for the airlines or serve in the military? we seem to have the same medical conditions. please respond thanks.

Closed Thread