It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Brain Tumors Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2010, 07:57 AM   #1
Junior Member
(female)
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 11
waterpixie1327 HB User
Extreme exhaustion....Please help!

I am a 24 female. I gradually get really exhausted every day. I get tired after a couple hours of being awake and I get really bad migraines. When I get "tired" it actually feels like someone slipped me some morphine. I can't remember simple things or concentrate. It's hard to understand what people are saying to me. My speech becomes slurred. I have hearing loss and pressure in my ears. My vision gets fuzzy and doubled and I feel outside of my self. I usually only work 4 hour shifts and when I get home, I have to go right to sleep. If I don't go right to sleep, I get really bad migraines, dry mouth and nausea. This has been going on for the past two months. I've had to leave work early twice and I've fallen asleep at work sitting on a stool! (No one was in the store). I can't do basic things on the register or basic math without using a calculator. Now my boss is cutting my hours and I can't afford my bills or rent.
My sleep study specialist and regular physician tell me that because I have a history of anxiety, they have to rule it out before they can do any other tests. I've had anxiety since I was about 13 years old and I know what it feels like. This is not anxiety. I tried to tell my doctors this and they didn't seem to care. I find out more information online than I do from my doctor and all I've found that matches my symptoms are brain tumors. I told my doc I wanted a scan done and she said I have to wait until my psychologist says that it's not my anxiety. The waiting list to see her is 2 months and I can't continue working or living this way any longer. I also have arthritis and scoliosis and the pain seems to have worsened since my exhaustion spell.
If anyone has any advice I would greatly appreciate it. Coffee doesn't help me at all and I'm on a multivitamin. I've had blood tests, and it's not anemia. I don't have narcolepsy and I've had a study for sleep apnea and it was negative. I don't get dizzy or feel like I'm going to pass out. Now I am so tired and embarrassed about it that I don't stay in contact with my loved ones because I don't feel they understand or even believe me and then they get mad at me for not keeping in touch. I cry just about every day because I don't know what to do. I'm so confused. I have to keep a list of symptoms because if I don't, I'll forget them. My memory seems shot. I am so used to being unhealthy that I can deal with my back pain for the most part, but this is hard to handle. I don't have anyone to talk to and I don't know where to go from here. I'm starting to lose faith in Doctors.
This is my list of medical problems:
Scoliosis rod placement age 14, 2 cm. leg discrepancy, rib hump
Osteoarthritis diagnosed age 15
Rod removal due to osteomyelitis age 19, had anemia in hospital and developed red man syndrome from anitbiotic distributed at home.
Oral Allergy syndrome
Polymorphic light eruption (allergy to sun)
Sebhorric Dermatitis
Irregular Menses, Birth control to regulate
Hammer toes and bunions
Anxiety

Any advice will be helpful. Just to know that someone is listening and believes me will help so much. So thank you in advance, and best of luck to those who have these same symptoms. It seems there are a lot of us! I'm sorry it's so long, but I feel I have to explain everything for anyone to understand.

 
Sponsors Lightbulb
   
Old 10-14-2010, 02:51 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 306
eddysmom1 HB Usereddysmom1 HB Usereddysmom1 HB Usereddysmom1 HB Usereddysmom1 HB Usereddysmom1 HB Usereddysmom1 HB User
Re: Extreme exhaustion....Please help!

Hi Waterpixie,

I am soo sorry to hear you are doing so poorly; and at such a young age!!!

First, I would like to suggest that you are adamant with your doctor to give you any tests you want done, whether it be a brain scan, or a CAT scan, whatever you want to rule out. You have the right to request what you want, as long as your symptoms are troubling you, you have the right to request to check on all areas.

The doctor should not be telling you to wait to rule out anxiety. I am going through a number of tests right now and some of them I have requested myself and I make sure I get what I want done. You are your own best advocate.

I did have a couple of thoughts on the extreme fatigue, as I am suffering with that badly also. You have CFS, right--I assume so since you are in here.

Sometimes, I am told, that it gets worse for some people and can get to the point that we are at. I still think something else may be the problem, though.

I would suggest you go to a Hematologist, they can do a number of blood tests on you to rule a bunch of things out as well as try to get to the bottom of your problems.

I went to one years ago who diagnosed me with a blood/autoimmune deficiency and that is also how I found out that I had CFS. Unfortunately, I stopped going years ago due to concentrating on other health issues, etc. That was a mistake, as now I have to figure out quite a list of things myself.

Well, I am going to a Hematologist in November and maybe you could give that a try.
Perhaps you have a certain immune deficiency or two that could explain your constant fatigue and memory loss.

I am not a doctor so I know that this may not be entirely helpful, but it is another avenue to go down if you think it may be a good idea.

Also, I BELIEVE you--some doctors act as if we are nuts sometimes because they like to rush us in and out so they can collect their co-pay and on to the next....

I just got rid of a hematolagist who could not remember the last what was discussed during the last appt I had with him--which was only a week prior!!!!

Your pain is real, and that, in turn is obviously what gets you depressed. It's a vicious cycle. I will say some prayers for you and wish you well.

If you need to get things out, just post here. I will listen. :}

 
Old 10-15-2010, 01:24 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 306
eddysmom1 HB Usereddysmom1 HB Usereddysmom1 HB Usereddysmom1 HB Usereddysmom1 HB Usereddysmom1 HB Usereddysmom1 HB User
Re: Extreme exhaustion....Please help!

Sorry, in last post, I meant a Neurologist I recently got rid of--haven't been to the hematoloist yet................lol.

How are you waterpixie??

 
Old 10-15-2010, 10:28 PM   #4
Newbie
(male)
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Mauritius
Posts: 2
Kev03 HB User
Re: Extreme exhaustion....Please help!

Hi
plz stop taking medicines
try to diverge your interest elsewhere for a few moments( like watching tv , leisure activities, go out wiz frnds)
try to overtake your worries and have a gud rest .
Am sure u will feel better after some days.

U really need some relaxation .

I underwent such moment in my life! I can assure u that u will b alright later!
Take care!

 
Old 10-15-2010, 10:34 PM   #5
Newbie
(male)
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Mauritius
Posts: 2
Kev03 HB User
Re: Extreme exhaustion....Please help!

Hi
plz stop taking medicines
try to diverge your interest elsewhere for a few moments( like watching tv , leisure activities, go out wiz frnds)
try to overtake your worries and have a gud rest .
Am sure u will feel better after some days.

U really need some relaxation .

I underwent such moment in my life! I can assure u that u will b alright later!
Take care!

 
Old 10-16-2010, 10:59 PM   #6
Junior Member
(female)
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 11
waterpixie1327 HB User
Re: Extreme exhaustion....Please help!

Eddysmom, I am usually a very timid and shy person and don't speak up very much but I've become so frustrated that I've decided to demand a scan and/or tests. Your words have helped me, so thank you! As soon as I am able to see my new Doctor, I will get what I need done! It's just been such a long wait!

I actually don't have CFS, the reason I posted here is because I posted in other areas and didn't get any feedback. I'm wondering if it is CFS. I will ask my new Doctor to refer me to a hematologist also because someone told me recently that they think my symptoms have something to do with my blood.
Thank you for believing me!! It's so nice to hear. You don't know how many times I've heard from family members "well, I hope it's just anxiety". And I have to tell them for the umpteenth time that it's not!

My Doc wanted to put me on med's for anxiety because of my symptoms and I told her I didn't want to be on med's because I've had bad side effects just with over the counter drugs, not counting the bad effects I've had with ones she's prescribed me! I told her I'd rather practice natural ways with journals and breathing techniques, and counting to 10. She said "well it's people like you who don't take med's for their anxiety who wonder why they don't feel better". I tried to tell her that when I get "tired" I don't have anxiety because I don't have the energy to care about anything or be anxious. She still said I have to rule it out.

Thank you so much for your support and kind words! I'll send prayers your way also and I hope you get your list of medical problems straightened out too!

 
Old 10-16-2010, 11:01 PM   #7
Junior Member
(female)
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 11
waterpixie1327 HB User
Re: Extreme exhaustion....Please help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev03 View Post
Hi
plz stop taking medicines
try to diverge your interest elsewhere for a few moments( like watching tv , leisure activities, go out wiz frnds)
try to overtake your worries and have a gud rest .
Am sure u will feel better after some days.

U really need some relaxation .

I underwent such moment in my life! I can assure u that u will b alright later!
Take care!
Kev, I am not taking any medicines, only Iburopen if I am in a lot of pain. It doesn't help much, but it takes the edge of a bit! I mostly use my heating pad and rest. Thanks for you advice and I hope all is well with you

 
Old 10-17-2010, 04:00 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 306
eddysmom1 HB Usereddysmom1 HB Usereddysmom1 HB Usereddysmom1 HB Usereddysmom1 HB Usereddysmom1 HB Usereddysmom1 HB User
Re: Extreme exhaustion....Please help!

Hi Waterpixie

Glad you are deciding to see a new doctor. Hopefully, that person will listen to all your symptoms, get your backround, and be able to start ruling things out to determine what is causing the extreme fatigue. Plus, like you mentioned, you can get a referral to a hematologist or any other specialist that you and your doctor think may be needed.

I am dealing with the horrible fatigue now myself, and am hoping that the hematologist will find an answer for me, too. I know exactly what you mean when you say it's like you've been given morphine........ It is awful.

Like you also mentioned, you could have CFS, too. Or, since you do have a list of other things also, maybe an immune deficiency. I'm saying that because it seems like people with immune deficiencies usually have a number of health problems, I know I do.

You will get to the bottom of this eventually, unfortunately it takes time.
Remember to tell the new doctor everything. And don't forget to post about your progress, or anything you'd like to chat about.

Good luck!!!

 
Old 10-19-2010, 08:31 AM   #9
Newbie
(female)
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Delaware (United States)
Posts: 4
Hap234 HB User
Re: Extreme exhaustion....Please help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterpixie1327 View Post
I am a 24 female. I gradually get really exhausted every day. I get tired after a couple hours of being awake and I get really bad migraines. When I get "tired" it actually feels like someone slipped me some morphine. I can't remember simple things or concentrate. It's hard to understand what people are saying to me. My speech becomes slurred. I have hearing loss and pressure in my ears. My vision gets fuzzy and doubled and I feel outside of my self. I usually only work 4 hour shifts and when I get home, I have to go right to sleep. If I don't go right to sleep, I get really bad migraines, dry mouth and nausea. This has been going on for the past two months. I've had to leave work early twice and I've fallen asleep at work sitting on a stool! (No one was in the store). I can't do basic things on the register or basic math without using a calculator. Now my boss is cutting my hours and I can't afford my bills or rent.
My sleep study specialist and regular physician tell me that because I have a history of anxiety, they have to rule it out before they can do any other tests. I've had anxiety since I was about 13 years old and I know what it feels like. This is not anxiety. I tried to tell my doctors this and they didn't seem to care. I find out more information online than I do from my doctor and all I've found that matches my symptoms are brain tumors. I told my doc I wanted a scan done and she said I have to wait until my psychologist says that it's not my anxiety. The waiting list to see her is 2 months and I can't continue working or living this way any longer. I also have arthritis and scoliosis and the pain seems to have worsened since my exhaustion spell.
If anyone has any advice I would greatly appreciate it. Coffee doesn't help me at all and I'm on a multivitamin. I've had blood tests, and it's not anemia. I don't have narcolepsy and I've had a study for sleep apnea and it was negative. I don't get dizzy or feel like I'm going to pass out. Now I am so tired and embarrassed about it that I don't stay in contact with my loved ones because I don't feel they understand or even believe me and then they get mad at me for not keeping in touch. I cry just about every day because I don't know what to do. I'm so confused. I have to keep a list of symptoms because if I don't, I'll forget them. My memory seems shot. I am so used to being unhealthy that I can deal with my back pain for the most part, but this is hard to handle. I don't have anyone to talk to and I don't know where to go from here. I'm starting to lose faith in Doctors.
This is my list of medical problems:
Scoliosis rod placement age 14, 2 cm. leg discrepancy, rib hump
Osteoarthritis diagnosed age 15
Rod removal due to osteomyelitis age 19, had anemia in hospital and developed red man syndrome from anitbiotic distributed at home.
Oral Allergy syndrome
Polymorphic light eruption (allergy to sun)
Sebhorric Dermatitis
Irregular Menses, Birth control to regulate
Hammer toes and bunions
Anxiety

Any advice will be helpful. Just to know that someone is listening and believes me will help so much. So thank you in advance, and best of luck to those who have these same symptoms. It seems there are a lot of us! I'm sorry it's so long, but I feel I have to explain everything for anyone to understand.

 
Old 10-19-2010, 08:35 AM   #10
Newbie
(female)
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Delaware (United States)
Posts: 4
Hap234 HB User
Cool Re: Extreme exhaustion....Please help!

No wonder you have anxiety. I also have anxiety but am a lot older than you. I am sorry you are going through such an ordeal with your medical. Hang in there....thats what I always tell myself and always make it through.

Take care of yourself.

Hap234

 
Old 10-19-2010, 09:35 AM   #11
Newbie
(female)
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Westchester, NY, USA
Posts: 3
sugarlady444 HB User
Re: Extreme exhaustion....Please help!

Hi! My fatigue went away after being treated with heavy anti fungals and staying out of MOLDY places. How's the mold where you live/work/go to school? I'm so much better and have been suffering for 14 years! Just started treatment this summer.

 
Old 10-20-2010, 03:47 PM   #12
Junior Member
(female)
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 11
waterpixie1327 HB User
Re: Extreme exhaustion....Please help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hap234 View Post
No wonder you have anxiety. I also have anxiety but am a lot older than you. I am sorry you are going through such an ordeal with your medical. Hang in there....thats what I always tell myself and always make it through.

Take care of yourself.

Hap234
Thank you Hap234! I am really working on staying positive and it helps to know there are others who feel the same way. I know I'm not alone in this
I will take care of myself and you do the same!

 
Old 10-20-2010, 03:50 PM   #13
Junior Member
(female)
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 11
waterpixie1327 HB User
Re: Extreme exhaustion....Please help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarlady444 View Post
Hi! My fatigue went away after being treated with heavy anti fungals and staying out of MOLDY places. How's the mold where you live/work/go to school? I'm so much better and have been suffering for 14 years! Just started treatment this summer.
I know there isn't any mold at my house and I'm not sure about where I work. It is a very old building. The only reason I don't think it's mold is because I get exhausted at home also. But I'll definitely ask my new Doctor (when I get one) if that could be a possibility! Thank you sugarlady and I'm glad you're feeling better

 
Old 10-25-2010, 12:27 PM   #14
Newbie
(female)
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Rome, Italy
Posts: 9
ard164 HB User
Re: Extreme exhaustion....Please help!

Please read "Could it be B12?" and get proper testing done for pernicious anemia, including UMMA and anti-Intrinsic factor antibodies. B12 serum level tests are CRAP. Get on it ASAP, please, I just diagnosed myself, doctors are NOT aware enough about this problem, I've lost 10+ important years of my life and want others not to do the same...

 
Old 10-25-2010, 01:56 PM   #15
Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 306
eddysmom1 HB Usereddysmom1 HB Usereddysmom1 HB Usereddysmom1 HB Usereddysmom1 HB Usereddysmom1 HB Usereddysmom1 HB User
Re: Extreme exhaustion....Please help!

ard164--thanks for posting that.

I looked it up and have all the symptoms.........something I will definitely have my hematologist test me for and am going to read alot more about it.

Thanks!

 
Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
Severe adrenal exhaustion? chali12 Addison's Disease 17 06-10-2011 06:31 AM
Extreme exhaustion waterpixie1327 Brain Tumors 5 01-25-2011 02:45 PM
thyroid rx not controlling symptoms hugapet Thyroid Disorders 4 02-15-2010 11:58 AM
Hot Hot Flashes (Sweats) all day and extreme exhaustion Basket Case Menopause 1 07-04-2008 04:08 AM
Extreme Exhaustion low ferritin?? help shelsdina1 Anemia 9 03-10-2008 11:38 AM

Tags
anxiety, arthritis, confusion, exhaustion, scoliosis



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Join Our Newsletter

Stay healthy through tips curated by our health experts.

Whoops,

There was a problem adding your email Try again

Thank You

Your email has been added








TOP THANKED CONTRIBUTORS



musicandwriting (4), bubblegirl (3), neciae1 (3), Kasey443 (3), pamg6 (2), krahon (2), AuntieLeela (2), janewhite1 (2), jezsab (2), sld1961 (2)

Site Wide Totals

teteri66 (1136), MSJayhawk (941), Apollo123 (855), janewhite1 (823), Titchou (769), Gabriel (743), ladybud (667), sammy64 (666), midwest1 (654), BlueSkies14 (610)



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:52 PM.



Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.com™
Copyright and Terms of Use © 1998-2014 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!